1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cut Tyler White

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by underrated015, Jun 22, 2019.

1. theimpossibles1

[​IMG]

CometsWin and Fulgore like this.
  2. Major

Major Member

Why?

3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I find this interesting.

eric.81, Wulaw Horn and No Worries like this.
  4. theimpossibles1

Boo fu*kity hoo. Welcome to the real world.

5. PavlovsDog

PavlovsDog Member

Because although in one sense he has lost his job, he hasn’t really in the sense you or I would be if we were fired.

He either gets claimed and is earning a living elsewhere, like Reed is doing or he doesn’t get claimed and he might decide to stay with the franchise and accept a demotion to AAA or he may go the Preston Tucker route and pursue a career in a non-MLB baseball league.

He has been earned minimum salary for a baseball player, which is considerably better than the average guy. Unless he is a free spending fool, he should have money in the bank.

The tweet makes out the guy is going to be walking the breadline and having to flip burgers to make ends meet.

Edit: in the time it has taken me to post, someone has posted the Ashley McHugh tweet, probably makes the same point 100 times better than me.

Snake Diggit likes this.
  6. Major

Major Member

The tweet doesn't complain in any way about him losing his job or lacking money or anything else.

All it does is b**** about people celebrating the fact that he didn't work out and had to be released.

Astrofan59 likes this.
  7. PavlovsDog

PavlovsDog Member

Is there a difference between celebrating and simply being pleased the Astros have made a necessary roster decision?

We all knew White was toast with Diaz and Correa due back soon, the only surprise here is that we made the move when we needed a pitcher, leaving us with no obvious backup for 1B this series.

mick fry likes this.
  8. conquistador#11

Never easy seeing someone lose their job. Hope he drops 30 lbs and kills it for another team in the NL. Just so much talent in the stros organization.

HTown2017Champs and mikol13 like this.
  9. Major

Major Member

Yes. There is a difference between people happy that the Astros made a necessary roster decision that might improve their team, and people making fun of or enjoying his failure. Players are human, and he has friends on the team, and they are going to defend him against the latter assholes just as a basic sense of humanity.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Tyler must've been very popular with the player's wives. :confused:;)o_O

11. Nook

Nook Member

This. White has worked his whole life to be a big leaguer.

12. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Yeah, maybe...When you’re making jack squat in the minors and in your 20’s. It’s not easy. It’s the life they choose, so I don’t necessarily feel sorry for them, but still doesn’t mean it’s all roses.

Just because these people get to play a game and/or are married to it, doesn’t mean they aren’t allowed to feel.

I wasn’t happy with White’s production and realized he’d most likely be gone soon, but I’m not piling on. I poked fun at the weight issue a couple of times because I couldn’t understand someone with that great of an opportunity seemingly not taking it seriously enough. Still, I’m going to wish White the best.

Nook likes this.
  13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Is there a rule on how many times a player can be sent down to AAA and called back up? I read something like they were out of options in that regard so they had to DFA him.

#153 Surfguy, Jul 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  14. theimpossibles1

Absolutely. You gotta feel. Bad for your health not to.

What you don't have to do is throw a pity party on social media.

15. biff17

biff17 Member

WTF dude?

she was not crying just giving a little insight.

what the he did Tyler White do to some of y'all?

Wulaw Horn likes this.
  16. biff17

biff17 Member

who is doing that?

Astrofan59 likes this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

You are an *******.

She didn’t throw a pity party.

18. PavlovsDog

PavlovsDog Member

While I don’t agree on the phrasing pity party, this pissed me off.

“celebrating someone losing their job, I hope you never have to feel what it’s like to move your whole life”

To me the issue here is the comparison to the average Joe.

Sure it sucks for White, he may have to uproot his life and move somewhere else to try and salvage his career. It may end up being a great thing, it may not.

What annoys me though, is that he will be more prepared than the average person. He should have money in the bank, sure he is on minimum MLB money, but that’s still over half a million a year, for the last couple of years. He will have support within the game. He won’t be penniless, homeless, won’t starve. You can’t necessarily say the same about a guy on 10-15 times less salary if he lost his job.

19. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty strong reply to someone just expressing an opinion.

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I think we can be glad for the Astros to move on and also feel a bit bad for Tyler White. He’s been with the team for a good while and just couldn’t put it together. Can’t say he didn’t get the opportunity. Someone will probably scoop him up.