1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

current players draft East matchup 1

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by RedNation, Aug 16, 2012.

1. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

explain your choice
    The judging criteria is based on the following:

Frontcourt- Who has the better FC

Backcourt- Who has the better BC

Bench- WHo has the better bench

Offense- Which team has the better overall team offense. Which teams offense would run smoother and be more effective.

Defense- Which team plays better defense? This includes team defense as well as individual defense

Chemistry- which team would have better chemistry and work together better. For example, a team full of scorers who like to keep the ball in their hands wouldn't work very well.

Based on these categories, you will determine the winner. IN THE END, WHO WILL WIN A 7 GAME SERIES

Jamers

PG - Deron Williams $17,177,795
    SG - Imman Shumpert $1,633,440
    SF - Carmelo Anthony $20,463,024
    PF - Elton Brand $2,100,500
    C - Roy Hibbert $13,668,750

Bench:
    G - Chauncey Billups $4,000,000
    F - Kawhi Leonard $1,809,840
    F/C - Bismack Biyombo 2,923,920

vs.
    QazQay
    pg: Stephen Curry
    sg: Ray Allen
    sf: Andre Iguodala
    pf: Amare Stoudemire
    c: Dwight Howard

Bench:
    G- Isiah Thomas
    F: Chase Budinger
    C: Dejuan Blair

2. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Iggy locks down melo ray Allen and curry go bonkers because Dwight can't r slowed enough by hibbert. Brand is a shell of himself and stoudemire returns to his old ways since melo isn't taking touches away from
    him. QAz in 6

3. RedNation

Frontcourt
    Jamers has a nice frontcourt with Hibbert and Brand. Brand can score well and Hibbert is well rounded+plays good D. However, the Dwight Amare combo is lethal with great offense in the post via Amare and great defense with Howard. Amare will struggle defensively but Howard can hide the poor defense. Carmelo will get his points but I think Iggy will do a decent job slowing him down and make him take a lot of tough shots.

qazqay

BC-
    Now this is a more interesting matchup. I like Curry a lot and that backcourt has a lot of 3 point firepower. I just think that Dwill and Shumpert especially will do a good job sticking to them and locking them down. Dwill puts Jamers' backcourt over the top.

Jamers

Bench-
    This one is clearly in jamers' favor. I don't like qaz's bench much since it is undersized and there isn't much defense there. Jamers has a good offense/ defense mixture although I don't like the Biyombo pick much.

Jamers

Offense:
    Offensively I think Jamers will be able to execute really well with Dwill and Carmelo. Dwill will be able to get into the lane and kick it to Carmelo vice versa. The only thing that could be a problem is if melo decides to take it upon himself to score all the points (which he does). If he is a team player, dwill will be able to run an effective offense getting everyone involved.

For qaz, the problem is that he doesn't have a true distributor. Curry and Allen are both shooters but neither are exceptional at getting others involved like dwill is. When they do get the ball to dwight and amare though, Jamers is in trouble because there are amazing shooters out there. I just think that Jamers can contain dwight enough with Hibbert where he won't have to double as much which gives the slight advantage to Jamers. Qaz would be reduced to a jump shooting team.

Jamers

Defense- I think Dwight is too much for Jamers here. He can hide everyone's mistakes and can completely shut down the post. He also has iggy to slow down melo on the perimiter. Shump and Hibbert are very good defensively, but it isn't enough.

Qazqay

Chemistry
    No problems either way. Dwill will make everyone around him better and qaz has good shooters surrounding dwight and amare which will keep the ball moving. I just think melo and dwill might clash at times due to both being ball dominant.

qazqay

In the end who will win a 7 game series?

The answer is qazqaz in 7. Hibbert won't be able to slow down dwight enough which will lead to raining 3's.

#3 RedNation, Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  4. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Frontcourt - Qaz

Advantage Qaz, with the Amare-Dwight combo. Brandt + Hibbert is solid, but I don't know if they will be handle Qaz's 2 big men down low. I also think Iggy can keep up with Carmelo defensively.

Backcourt - Jamers

Qaz has a sharp shooting backcourt, while Jamers has a more explosive and defensive minded backcourt. Allen and Steph may be able to hit a lot of 3's, with Dwight down low and running the P&R, but they will have there hands full with Deron and Shump guarding them. Advantage to Jamers here.

Bench - Jamers

Not much of a question there.

Offense - QazQay

Deron can run the show really well, and has 2 solid down low men and a pure scoring small forward. Like RN said, it could get problematic of Carmelo takes too many shots. Qaz has a good offense, with 2 great down low players who can score and or post up and kick it out to Steph/Allen. Igodula is a pretty good scorer here to. Slight advantage to Qaz.

Defense - Qaz

Iman and Deron are great defenders, and Brand and Hibbert are also solid down low. Carmelo isn't great, but shouldn't give up to much to Iggy. On the other hand, Steph has a good nose for the ball but isn't a great one on one defender, and Shumpert will be able to outrun and out muscle Ray Allen. AI will also do a good job keeping up with Carmelo. Amare and Dwight are both presences down low, especially Dwight who can block drives and gobble up the rebounds. Howard is really the x-factor here, and Qaz has the slight edge over Jamers.

Winner - Qaz
    I say winner is Qaz in 6 games.

5. Jamers

Jamers Member

how nice it is to see ALL the advantages on QazQay..

Iggy locks down melo? - RREALLYYYY? He can slowdown the one of the best scorers in the world?

Ray Allen and Curry GO BONKERS? - how about DERON WILLIAMS AND IMAN SHUMPERT SLOWING THEM DOWN?

Dwight can't slowed enough by Hibbert? - Dwight always have problems with the taller guys! LOL

Brand is a shell of himself? - Never saw playoffs last season?

Stoudemire returns to his old ways snice melo isn't taking touches away from him? - HAHAHA

what the *****..
    never even discussed chemistry.. passing, role players...BENCH? wtf really

@Rednation, SEVEN people on my team plays great/lockdown defense. ONLY Melo does not, how can't i win defense?

6. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Qaz in 5 games, i don'y feel like explanin this one

7. RedNation

Yes, I think Iggy can slow down melo. Notice, I said Melo would still get his points, but Iggy could force him to take tougher shots. @Defense, anyone with both dwight and iggy on a team wins defense. Dwight is the most impactful defensive player in the league. @shump and dwill slowing the shooters down. If dwight is doubled, one of the shooters are open. Simple as that.Sorry brah

8. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

This vote does not count...

And if it does... im not gonna vote for anyone and quit following...

Lazy judging erks me... hence why i was.so upset about last (all-time)draft judging rules...

9. RedNation

Qazqay leads 3-0

10. RedNation

just vote.

11. Jamers

Jamers Member

it's already 4-0

Jmc, RedNation, Oelman, Bluff

QazQay move on to the next round!

12. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Im on my phone right now...

13. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Frontcourt- Who has the better FC

Qaz.

C: As a Pacers fan, I'd really love Hibbert to win this, but.... Howard owns him. Last year, Hibbert had a great 1st quarter vs Howard in one game, and all Pacers board was ecstatic. But then he just ran out of breath (Hibbert has asthma issues).

You'd have to rely on Brand to help out a lot (and he's pretty solid vs. Howard). And obviously Bismack would have to handle heavy minutes.

PF: Amare is a hole defensively and not that great at this point. Brand might punk. Brand also fits with Hibbert much better and compliments him. Amar'e better, but I like this matchup more for Brand.

SF: Melo vs. Iggy. Iggy is getting a bit overrated as a defender. He's high energy, all over the place. He can also hold his own vs. a stronger guy backing him down.
    But individually vs. a face up iso player, he's not dominant at all (except against Lithuania and Kleiza in FIBA, lol....).
    Melo isos will be fairly effective here. But defensively, he'll have issues. Iggy will spot up, cut, pass. Melo doesn't defend with enough energy to hinder it.

Hibbert vs. Howard is a disaster. Brand/Melo a bit even, but brand a better fit. Melo/Iggy helps to close the gap.
    Still, Qaz.

Backcourt- Who has the better BC

Even.

A tough one. Jamers has the best player. But a poor matchup for him.

we are going by last year's peak purely, right? no assumption that these guys are going to up their games and effort?

If so, D-Will had a horrible year defensively overall in terms of overall energy. Shumpert is a solid defender.
    both tunnel vision and tend to forget open shooters. And Qaz has two of the best shooters in the game.

On the other side, Ray can more than hold his own vs. Shumpert.
    Curry will have a ton of trouble vs. D-Will.

Bench- WHo has the better bench

Jamers

About even offense, defense, athleticism.
    Qaz bench - slight advantage on energy and athleticism.
    Jamers gets the edge because of experience and leadership.

Offense- Which team has the better overall team offense. Which teams offense would run smoother and be more effective.
    Jamers

About even. Qaz - a ton of transition opportunities. Halfcourt: cutting, spot ups, Howard gpost ups. A lot of solid play makers.
    Amar'e will be useful, but there were better fits.

Jamers - slower half court game. Overall nice passing, but quite a few ball stoppers.
    They'd be forced to rest Hibbert a lot and go smaller with something like Kwahi-Melo-Brand, that's a fun running team.

Overall I'd say Jamers, more versatile players, bench fits in well, more possibilities.

Defense- Which team plays better defense? This includes team defense as well as individual defense

Qaz. I basically said everything that i think.
    Frontcourt - Howard vs. Hibbert hurts. Brand > Amar'e but will have his hands full helping Hibbert. Biyombo will have to play a lot, and he's raw.
    Backcourt - more matchup problems for Jamers defensively.... Isiah Thomas as an extra high energy defender for Qaz.

Chemistry- which team would have better chemistry and work together better. For example, a team full of scorers who like to keep the ball in their hands wouldn't work very well.
    Jamers
    I can see more sense in Melo than in Amar'e there.

With Kwahi, Melo could be put into a Barkley role once Hibbert sits.

Based on these categories, you will determine the winner. IN THE END, WHO WILL WIN A 7 GAME SERIES

I'll say Jamers 4-3

14. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

lol. i thought the rule was no twitter style answers...

15. RedNation

There aren't. Explain or your vote doesn't count.

Qaz leads 2-1

16. Jamers

Jamers Member

why you're ruining the fun!? QazQay PROCEED to the NEXT round, if not, i forfeit! :grin:

Please post the other matchup as well. I felt like judgin' today

17. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

nah, lets do this properly. otherwise it's no fun, we spent some time on this.
    can't just go "Melo bad, Howard good D, lol"
    especially when Pacers players are involved. :grin:

18. RedNation

that's fine
    I'd rather not

19. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Frontcourt
    Obviously the first person you notice is the best center in the NBA Dwight Howard. Howard changes everything for a defense. Hibbert is a poor rebounder but a great defensive anchor. Howard will dominate the boards, but brand is losing steps and explosion. Iggy will slow down Melo after playing with each other in the Olympics I feel like they know each other better. However before Kevin Durant was Durant Melo was the best scorer in the league and will get his 20. However Iggy has never had a Howard like anchor so he can play Melo tighter. Usually you want a stretch 4 so Amare next to Howard is not really efficient. Qaz gets the front court nod.
    qazqay

BC-
    Notice that the Celtics benched Ray allen. He is losing steps himself. D will will have his way with Curry, and make every player around him better. Curry is more of a scoring point and fits perfectly with Dwight. Shumpert will smother Ray Allen. If Currys glass ankles will last a series Jamers takes the backcourt battle.

Jamers

Bench-
    Jamers bench is def the better bench. Qaz bench is made to fit Howards strenghts but is not big enough to guard Jamers bigger lineup. He needs three point shooters surrounding him.

Jamers

Offense:
    This one is close that is why the matchup will be close in votes. I believe ray allen has slowed enough and got replaced by bradely in C land. Curry keeps getting injured but is one of the best shooters in the game. Iggy handling the ball and driving with dwight down low Qs offense will be amazing. I think Amare is the odd man out. A player like bosh would make this offense almost unstoppable but Amare is more of a inside player alley oop type.
    However Melo and Dwill is just to much to ignore. Hibbert down low and brands mid range is just such a nice setup. If Shump can hit threes there is so much space for Melo and D will to work.
    Jamers

Defense- Dwight locking down Jamers third best player hibbert will be huge along with Iggy shutting down his second best Melo. I believe even brand wont be able to stop Amare. Maybe D will covers up for Melo along with Shump, but Dwight and Iggy are just defensive studs.

Qazqay

Chemistry
    I like chemistry with both teams. I feel like Qaz built around Howard and Jamers just grabbed some stars and put them together hoping for extra votes.

qazqay

In the end who will win a 7 game series?

Qaz will win in six. Dwight will take a team that sucks on defense and make them a playoff contender. Along with Iggy slowing Melo and enough firepower from curry and ray ray he will slip by one of the top five teams in Jamers.

20. RedNation

qaz up 3-1.