1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cubs @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 14, 2004.

1. codell

codell Contributing Member

UNfreakinBELIEVABLE

4-2 Cubs (3 in the 9th)

Damnit Berkman and damnit Dotel. We needed this win!!!!

2. lalala902102001

Why the hell is Dotel still the closer?! :mad:

3. codell

*knocks on wood*

4. BBFEVER

BBFEVER Contributing Member

This team is pathetic....what a waste of Roger's season in Houston. This team will be lucky to be in 3rd place in the division. Some changes must be made to put this team on track (starting by demoting Dotel to setup).

5. Elienator

Elienator Member

Dotel clearly freaked out under the pressure, but how about a little help from the defense. If you're a struggling closer, it's great to see your outfielders backing you up by dropping fly balls.

Man it really seems that everything is going against the Astros. The ground rule double that would have scored a run and Berkman's error.

6. codell

This might just go down as the worst game in Berkman's career.

Maybe even worse than the game where he threw the ball into the bag. :)

7. codell

Game over. Cubs win. *sigh*

Well, we are now in 5th place behind .........MILWAUKEE!!!

Good news is, we are still only 3.5 games out of 1st place.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Richie Justice now will probably add to his next asinine column:

"Who made the idiot decision to play a first baseman in left field?... he should be fired!"

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Booooooooooooo!!!!!!! :mad:

Wagner is a closer and, you sir(to Dotel), are no Wagner. LOL.

This is going to hell. Please turn us around. We're playing to lose.

:mad: :eek: :mad: :eek: :mad: :eek: :mad: :eek: :mad:

11. deepellumrocket

In the words of the Reverend Jim Ignitowski:

ROCK BOTTOM.

12. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

13. BigCountry132

BigCountry132 Contributing Member

This team has not one clutch player. I thought Kent and Berkman were our guys but tonite proved me wrong. Benching Hildalgo wont be enough to start them up.

14. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

went to the game tonight. dissapointed to say the least. DOTEL<<<<<<<<<<<WAGNER.

bleh. that was weak. berkman freaking sucked tonight. everytime i looked up he was striking out. hidalgo is asleep at the plate. the only guys who showed any life it seemed were lane and vizcaino.

15. Alimoe84

Alimoe84 Member

This is getting so ridiculous. Wade Miller pitched a great 6 1/3 innings. Our offense has scored 2 runs in the last 20 innings i think and Dotel had blown like his 5th save already. Why is he still closing? Brad Lidge has proven numerous times to be able to shut the door on batter. 3k's in Seattle after giving up the "triple"on Biggios misplay. And then stirking out 4 in one inning against the Brewers (Dotel almost blew that game too) Jimy Williams needs to quit worrying about confidence or feelings or whatever the hell it is and put people where they're supposed to be. Lide has more dominant pitches. Dotel cent close with a fastball and inconsistent slider. I don't know what's wrong with this team, but everyone needs to wake the hell up! We usually go into the All Star break time. This would be a great time to start turning it around before the break because all of that power our lineup is supposed to have is no where to be found!

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

From Yahoo! recap:

Dotel (0-4) blew his third save in 15 chances, and was mercilessly booed off the field by the crowd of 38,007.

``I feel 100 percent confident. This could happen to anybody,'' Dotel said defiantly after the game. ``You can't keep bad things in your mind. I can't keep killing myself because of this.''

Maybe Dotel can't keep killing himself because of this but maybe we can get a soured fan to kill him ;). I love how he is taking responsibility by shirking it off as "this could happen to anybody". Well, it's not happening to anybody, it's happening to you. He's had a lot of save games where he puts a bunch of people on before he's able to close it out. He's lucky he's only blown 3 saves. It should be more like 6.

Bah! :mad:

I say we lose again tonite(Maddux vs. Redding). Place your bets!

Even if we do turn it around, I don't see us having much post-season success if we get there. We all know what are bats do in post-season. Go to sleep little bats. Sweet dreams. Our pitching will have to be pretty perfect in the post-season to counter our anti-clutch hitting we've come to expect around that time. All that damn World Series hogwash before we even took the field. Blah.

17. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

This totally sucks...So much promise...I know they'll come back, but its just the way there losing now that sucks azz...

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

THIs...just sucks!!!!

Dotel.....BLAH!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :( :( :( :( :mad: :mad:

I can't believe this, we suck. Some changes need to be made. DAMNIT ALL!!!!

Well.....time for me to head to the airport to return back to the City that has an overly hyped baseball team.

Ugh.

19. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Is anyone else sick of using our second hitter to bunt over Biggio every time he gets on base. I don't usually complain about a lot of what Jimy does, but I'm sorry this strategy just isn't working for us.

ie. In this inning Biggio would have scored regardless of that bunt, and ending the inning with runners on 1st and 3rd it makes you wonder what we could have done with that extra out.

It might work out sometimes, but more often than not I don't really like giving up outs like that in the 1st inning of the ballgame.

20. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I complain about it often ESPECIALLY after a lead off double, ESPECIALLY in the early innings.