1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CSN Chicago] Bulls' Rose: "I don't recruit free agents."

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Richie_Rich, Sep 19, 2013.

1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Who said anything about building a "stacked squad"? Idc if it's a backup vet min sg that can help yer team who is deciding between 2 equal offers... If one of the teams top players calls and says "hey, we'd love to have you on the team.." that can go a long way... Look how Kobe's ****ty attitude drove D12 into our laps.

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I always thought it was strange that LeBron, Wade & Bosch did not all sign in Chicago. DRose was still on a rookie contract and from what I remember they had cleared as much cap space Miami. Imagine that trio with Rose running the point. To bad DRose does not recruit.

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Well, to be fair. If he did and the Superfriends went to Chicago, he'd be hated alongside with those guys like Miami is hated now and more.

4. hltiki

hltiki Member

good on you d. rose, good on you

5. MichaelG281713

I'm glad he's not our star player. Not recruiting is one thing, but publicly looking like a douche will have top FA not even giving CHI a glance. The Bulls won't win a ring with Rose as their best player, so they're going to be spinning their wheels until he grows up.

All he has to do is give a quick phone call, or shoot a quick text. Completely possible to do that without kissing a**. It actually should be simple for anybody with average people skills.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well I do find it funny most people here who're talking about how awesome Rose is aren't Bulls fans.

Imagine if Harden said no way he's gonna recruit or reach out to Dwight but he's welcome to play with him if he wants :rolleyes:

I guess what irks me the most is this guy is coming of injury and playoff series where he shot like 4%FG. When he says he's all in, that should include reaching to get help for your squad, esp. when you just proved you can't do it alone.

7. DFish2TrUFaN

DFish2TrUFaN New Member

Here's a Bulls fan right here in the flesh and heart. Rose is ready and he will profve everyone wrong remember his MVP trophy? Also, man I got people in Chicago that know Drose and his camp and i seen footage on Iphones and Androids he is dunking on everybody even on Dwight Howard, RIP Rockets.

8. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I would love that.

9. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

[​IMG]

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

And if DH went to Dallas or LA instead, woudl you love that as well? Because if Parsons didn't recruit him maybe he wouldn't have come to Houston, Feigan and Morey didn't exactly have a good relationship.

11. Raven

Raven Member

Meaningless Drama.

12. TheFreak

I would probably join you in saying how much DH actually sucks, and those teams will never win anything. That's what fans do when things don't go their way.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

But in your scenario that's what you want, right?

Every action you take has a consequence, you can't be a badass muther****er and say you're too good to kiss ass and not expect that prime FAs would choose other teams.

Let's face it, kissing ass is a part of everyday life, if you work in a corporate environment or sell anything of any kind you probably do it on a daily basis. I don't think there's any problem with a player admitting they're not good enough to win by themselves and telling others of similar talent to go join them in a ring chase. Except for Dirk, I can't recall any other champion who one with just 1 HOF guy on the squad.

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Why are you so angry about this issue. These guys are paid to play basketball and that's it. if they are like very social like Parsons and Harden and puts in the effort to talk to free agents, good for them, I'm happy they are giving us more of a chance at a title by recruiting. But no way in hell do I expect a player on my team to do that, that's not their job or responsibility.

15. TheFreak

16. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

Because the lakets or celtics werent stacked in the eighties

17. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

It's the same as working out in the offseason to improve their game, or working out with teammates. They are not required or paid to do that, either.

18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

that's not literally not the same thing. Working out in the offseason directly impacts their on court performance, socializing and recruiting does not.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Um you got it wrong, athletes aren't paid to improve their game, they're paid to WIN games. If Rose said he'll take a year off to improve his game you think the Bulls would be happy about that, or woudl they rather he just spend 3 months on training and then play the season out to actually win games for them?

Recruiting may not affect the individual's on court performance, but it affects the team's on court performance and win column, which is really all that matters at the end of the day.

I'm not angry at anyone, I couldn't care less about Rose and the Bulls. And I'm not even expecting players to recruit, as you said it's definitely an extra mile they don't have to do. However in this case I think what Rose is doing is actually harmful, he's not just not recruiting, he's also basically pushing other potential FAs away like what he did with LBJ in FA before. And other posters even commend stuff like that like it's cool. Well maybe if he doesn't win anything by himself he'll ask to be recruited by another team in FA.

20. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

In his recent interview on his sneaker release hakeem talked about how he and clyde always talked about playing together