1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CSN Chicago] Bulls' Rose: "I don't recruit free agents."

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Richie_Rich, Sep 19, 2013.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

So why's he selling shoes and playing in front of thousands of people every day then?

Look this nothing but diva attitude from Rose. Hes basically making it hard for his gm to build around him. It takes 5, Rose cant win without other superstars unlss he becomes better than Lebron at his peak.

I mean look at kobe, he was the number 1 alpha dog bs but what did he win without an allstar big man?

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Others do what it takes to win a championship.... I am doing enough just to get to the Semis or EC finals

1 person likes this.
  4. Roachiep

Roachiep Member

Totally agree. Chicago has been and will continue to be capped out until they move one of their high-priced, championship seeking pieces when they figure out that they cant win it all as currently overpaid, I mean constructed.

Rose has no other position to take than that of the "I will never recruit other players to play with us in Chicago" status because even if he could convince someone to go to Chicago, they cant afford to sign anyone other than league minimum players. Pretty safe statement from Rose, given the reality of their current and near future cap-strapped situation. This means next to nothing, even if Rose did recruit stars to play with him in Chicago, they couldn't sign ANY of them.

5. Roachiep

Roachiep Member

Pau only plays second cuz he can no longer perform at the alpha dog level. Sadly, neither can Kobe, but his downfall is that he cannot admit that he is no longer a leader and dominant floor presence. Kobe is a volume shooter with a blownout Achilles and no team cohesion because of his selfishness and lack of acceptance of the reality of his regression. Kobe is the Lakers current doom and should retire, now, before his arrogance and ego do decade-long damage to the Lakers' future prospects.

6. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

7. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I just want to see if D. Rose can still play.

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

haha.

9. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Gotta love NBA fans nowadays, who question "team commitment" when you don't aspire to winning a ring with a stacked squad. Is that really the goal now? Guys dream of playing in the NBA so they can assemble the best guys in the world on one team and beat up on the disadvantaged? Are we supposed to respect that?

10. SK34

SK34 Member

I can't believe some of you actually have a problem with him saying that.

At first, most of y'all had problems with other teams recruiting players to play together (Lebron) and now y'all are okay with it just because we got howard?

I understand that recruiting his part of the game now but why does it matter if he will or not. He is a good teammate when they are on the court and off the court. When have you heard negative things by his teammates about him? Unlike Kobe, he behaves well with his teammates. Sure they both show their frustration with the front office but they are allowed to because it's the front office job to bring in the talent and not rose.

1 person likes this.
  11. TheFreak

I think Noah has said similar, if not equally bad-ass things in the past. Gotta love guys who just want to go to work and not take the easy way out.

1 person likes this.
  12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Gotta love guys who say they won't recruit after they already have multiple All-Stars on the team.

13. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Rose: "I don't recruit free agents because I don't have any friends in the league."

Awww... poor little Rose :(

14. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I'd be pissed if James Harden said that this summer instead of helping us land Howard, but since Derrick Rose doesn't play for the Rockets, don't really give a sh-t what he has to say. The more Chicago is stuck unable to get another star, the better for everyone else.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Its always been like that, how long have you been following the NBA?You think MJ won his 6 rings by himself gong 1 on 5?

16. TheFreak

I think he made Pippen the player he was. You're really going to bring Jordan into this? It has not 'always' been like this at all.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol MJ spent 9 years of his career ringless, He was amazing but its not like his teams was a pushover, they were good enough to reach the finals without him. Pippen, Rodman, and Phil Jackson were all pretty good in their own right, attributing their success to MJ is ridiculousbecause you can also argue pippen covered for mj by helping run the team and defending the other team's best guy.

The only diff is before guys like mj dpended on luck and their gm to assemble a team, now players are more proactive. Rose may seem like a badass to you but qt the end of the day hes not good enough to win alone. He should accept that and try to recruit, lol are you telling me he didnt get recruited in college? So whys he against it now? Its a disservice to all Bulls fans becaise they wont win witb just Rose

18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Wasn't Rose drafted to a fringe playoff Bulls back then? I bet he wouldn't be saying the same if he was putting number good numbers on a crap team for multiple seasons.

19. TheFreak

Stopped after this.

20. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

i bet you if there's a clause in his contract that'll pay him bonus for recruiting FA, he'll be down for it.
    $ talks.