1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[CSN Chicago] Bulls' Rose: "I don't recruit free agents."

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Richie_Rich, Sep 19, 2013.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Kobe did that to and now look at him. There will never be another Pau Gasol to take **** like he does and still want to play 2nd fiddle

2. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

He's just too cool for school.

3. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I agree, the only difference is that Kobe started getting his diva going after he had a couple of rings,
    Rose on the other hand, well he has illusions of grandeur...:eek:

1 person likes this.
  4. freeze00up

freeze00up Member

Kobe already got 2 rings with Pau so who cares if he doesn't get another player to replace him. Bryant is on his way out with great career, Rose is still getting started.

5. Kate81

Kate81 Member

He'll never win a ring with that attitude.

Can't win in the NBA without help.

6. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

I have to say, I like Rose because of this. If I were an NBA player I would recruit other players. I don't mind a guy saying that he is not going to be who you want him to be. With the ACL he basically told everybody to F**k *ff, I'll come back when I'm good and ready. It's ridiculous how fast people come back from injuries or what the expectation is. I understand that procedures have improved but I also think there is a lot of HGH involved. Maybe, Rose is one of the few who isn't having it. I'm not saying I want him on my team but if I was his Dad, I would be proud of him for calling Fans Fanatics and other players spineless babies because that is basically what he is doing.

Derek Rose, I salute you! Oh, the season can't come soon enough.........

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

With that mentality from their lead player, the Bulls will never win anything. That's why I propose a straight up Lin for Rose trade.

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

It takes 5. Even lebron james playing in god mode couldn't get the 2009 cavs to the ring and that was probably the greatest post season run of any player in the history of the league.

9. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

I actually respect him for that, not conforming to norm. He is not an entertainer

10. Fefo

Fefo Member

Recruit is not a player job, but a front oFfice job. He is right about what he is doing, and thats not about diva stuff, he just knows his role with the team.

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Rose is slightly autistic so that's not really a surprise

12. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

And this is why the Bulls' second best player is pretty much a tie between Luol Deng and Carlos Boozer... Props to D. Rose, though.

13. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

[UPDATE]

CSN Chicago SportsTalk Live studio analysis w David Schuster (670 The Score), Seth Gruen (Chicago Sun-Times), Hub Arkush.

[uploaded yesterday]

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FV0XqPEgjqU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Blowback from Rose's recruiting comments a few days ago, as expected. Now they're questioning Rose again: his mental makeup, toughness (knee), commitment to the Bulls (2013 playoffs), etc.

Interesting bit of info @ 6:39 -- apparently LeBron was quoted as saying he was turned off by Chicago (as a free agent) because Rose wouldn't call him. Something to the effect of, 'he didn't call me... he didn't care... I don't think he wanted me there."

Has anyone else heard (or read) anything like this from LBJ in regards to Rose and Chicago?

This is getting ridiculous. Wouldn't bet $$ Rose stays in Chicago long-term. He's gotta be growing tired of the drama.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

...because they don't have capspace.

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I still think there is a slim chance that Rose becomes McGrady post-injury 2.0.

16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'm by no means an authority on DRose... but i'm liking him less and less....

from his inability to get back on the court...

to him saying he's the best in the league...

to now - his lack of team commitment by not doing whatever is needed to help build his team....

great talent (when healthy)... but I am not impressed with the overall package...

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

Rose don't know how to dance.

18. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

This stars recruiting stars BS is quite dumb and ridiculous.

I respect Rose more for being above it. He is not a college coach or GM/owner, he is a professional player.

1 person likes this.
  19. Garner

Garner Member

Chandler parsons sure as ***** does.

20. NotChandlerParsons

Can't believe people on here support him in this. Would you guys rather not have Dwight Howard on this team? If you care about your team winning you should be doing everything you can to help them out, like James and Chandler did in recruiting Dwight.