1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cruelty

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Amiga, Jun 9, 2018.

1. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

This is pure propaganda by dirty leftists. Use emotion to get what you want but no more. We're not falling for your dirty tricks again.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

What’s next? You want thank you notes from cancer riddled Vietnamese from agent orange?

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Next I want understanding why compromises on certain issues are foolish and have been tried in the past to great failure. As you are a great example, amnesty is a disaster for Republicans and should be fought at all costs.

4. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Democrats are emotion propagandists

[​IMG]

5. conquistador#11

These concentration camps, not my words but arpaio's which he bragged about, were seen in Arizona w/ adults but children?
    I'm reminded of Jesus when asked by one of his disciples, who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven? "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me"

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

These concentration camps better be air-conditioned.

7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it is interesting to me that a thread on the very specific new practice of separating children from parents during deportation engenders general slogan type responses about amnesty and demographic shifts.

As though treating children as children with basic human decency instead of seperating them from families somehow is an endorsement of liberal pinko open border brown person anarchy.

This issue exists completely seperate from imigration policy. It is possible to arrent and deport these people and do it in ways that won't traumatize and radicalize them and their children. That is what this thread is about - the new and entirely superflous policy of separating families.

I see a ton of conservative fuzzy thinking in this thread. Is it really that hard for you guys to cogitate with a little focus? Step back from the protest slogans and think for a moment. You are so busy fighting, that apparently you don't even know what you are fighting about.

calurker, SF3isBack!!, B-Bob and 5 others like this.
  8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

First real reporting from someone invited by HHS to tour the immigrant child detention center in a converted Walmart in Brownsville.

9. NewRoxFan

10. NewRoxFan

trump supporter Franklin Graham...

Franklin Graham criticizes Trump policy of separating families at border
    http://thehill.com/homenews/392104-franklin-graham-criticizes-policy-separating-families-at-border

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Christ, people -- what are we going to put up with as a society?

Trump murals in a kids' detention camp? Am I awake at all: some of my fellow Americans were worried about "Jade Helm" but they are okay with treating these kids like this, separating them from their families for no good reason? This is too close to some very disturbing history, IMO. :oops::(

#51 B-Bob, Jun 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  12. NewRoxFan

It appears that this story isn't "polling" very well, as republicans begin to speak up (though in grassley's case, disingenuously trying to place the blame on past administrations and congress):

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

This is just the boys 10-17, probably the children's camp most immune to public backlash. How are the girls being kept? What is being done to protect them from sexual assaults (for that matter, what do they do to protect the boys from sexual assaults?)? And where are the 3-year olds? If you took journalists to the under-10 camp, would it just be wall-to-wall wailing for their mothers?

He blames Congress: "I blame politicians for the last 20, 30 years that have allowed this to escalate to the point where it is today. We are a country of a laws, laws need to be obeyed, no question about that, but the situation we have today as a result of our lawmakers in Washington over generations ignoring this." :rolleyes:

Now, I agree with him. Congress has let the problem fester for decades. But, he says it like Trump has no complicity in this.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  14. conquistador#11

hey kids, would you all be interested in some horizontal striped pajamas? Asking for a tremendous friend.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

Don't want it? Then fricking do something about it!

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm clicking the like button for posts that include good information or make valid points. The truth is that I don't like anything about this thread and what's going on with this policy. It actually makes it hard to click the like button.

17. NewRoxFan

SHS is one of the most odious press secretaries of all time.

18. NewRoxFan

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

1,500 immigrants are being arrested each day for crossing the border illegal

but I was assured there was no influx of illegal aliens and that all worries of them flowing into the country was irrational. Turns out millions are flowing in a year. weird.

RocketsLegend likes this.
  20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

SF3isBack!! and conquistador#11 like this.