1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CP3 as a OKC Thunder-er

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by lnchan, Jul 12, 2019.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

anyone can negotiate a buyout. Quid Pro Quo, bro.

KingCheetah likes this.
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

He can take a buyout at a deep discount if he wants to play for them so bad. If that happens I wish him nothing but the best.

roslolian likes this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Quid quo, bro.

5. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

aka cp3 doesn't want to live in okc anymore

BigShasta likes this.
  6. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Looks like they have a mutual understanding. He's just chilling giving spotlight to the young guys while waiting to be traded.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Is the city of Milwaukee any better tho?

8. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i think he'd fine with it for a chance at a ring

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

10 games in CP looks like the superior player to WB. Shooting more efficiently from the field, shooting WAYYY better from 3, better assist to turnover ratio, better assist rate, better defensively, higher steal %, better net ratting, and CP3 has a lower USG ratting.

So far 10 games into this season, the only thing WB has done better than CP3 is rebound, and CP3 is still a pretty solid rebounder for a point guard (especially a 6'0 34-year-old).

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

For the first time as a professional basketball player, Paul is living without family close by. They returned to Los Angeles after Paul was blindsided by the trade. Only his longtime security guard, Gene Escamilla, is a full-time presence with him in Oklahoma City.

Paul learned he enjoys playing basketball his way more than he enjoys playing basketball after his two-year partnership in Houston with James Harden, which dissolved during their second season together. Paul equates “point guard” with an orchestra conductor, so watching Harden continuously dribble and meticulously pick apart defenses wasn’t easy.

It’s impossible to not think about that when he talks about the reasons why he’s happy with Oklahoma City, reasons that extend beyond being a big brother to the Thunder’s young players.

“I don’t look at myself as just a mentor to the guys. I hoop, you know what I mean? I think that’s the biggest thing too. I’m playing at the same time,” Paul said. “I’m not at that point of my career. I’m going to hoop always, but it’s also understanding the privilege of getting to play. That’s the thing. I love to hoop.”

Vivi, jcmoon and Deuce like this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Thanks for posting that bit. It makes sense that Chris Paul....to his core....likes orchestrating an offense. Harden likes doing the same. It is not that they CANT play together. They can. It is just that what they ENJOY is both doing the same thing. So they can work, but perhaps there isn't as much joy. And that probably started to wear on CP. And that tension probably would have built up some. Not to the point of *blow up* but it might have permeated in the locker room. *Less Joy.*

Jontro likes this.
  12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, he should trying finding plant-based proteins in Milwaukee.