1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Watch the whole video, but I started it at the point that needs to be driven home. We are likely stuck in this altered lifestyle until we get a vaccine.

Nook likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Mexico Is Frighteningly Unprepared for the Coronavirus

Last weekend, 110,000 people attended the “Vive Latino” music festival in Mexico City, which took place as scheduled despite several confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Mexico’s capital. At the same time, while governments worldwide took drastic measures to slow down the spread of the disease, Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador, known as AMLO, traveled to the south of Mexico and met with adoring crowds, shaking hands and hugging and kissing supporters. During his daily press conferences, AMLO has insisted that his honesty and moral rectitude protect him from the virus and that the threat of COVID-19 is greatly exaggerated. “I have great faith that we will move our dear Mexico forward, that misfortunes and pandemics won’t affect us,” he told reporters at a press conference on Sunday.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics...hteningly-unprepared-for-the-coronavirus.html

Yung-T likes this.
  4. Beezy

Beezy Member

5. likestohypeguy

Don't stoke the fire. Brace yourselves, another frothing rant at america inbound.
    Where?

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

...Probably unpopular opinion...

I'd like to be mad, but this **** was screaming at us 3 weeks ago and we were still in denial. Nothing was a secret anymore. The only thing blinding us was ourselves. Saying what he said behind closed doors at least warned some people. Should have brought that message to the public? 100% yes, but who knows why he didn't. Maybe he was pressured to stay quiet. I don't know. Maybe I'll change my tone later, but I've got other things to worry about.

withmustard likes this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Italy.

likestohypeguy likes this.
  8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Whole U.S.: We are Freaking out

Texas: We now deliver booze

Nook, AroundTheWorld, Yung-T and 8 others like this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

They’re going overboard

astros123 likes this.
  11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

79 cases in the Houston area as of today.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Cali on shutdown...Houston and the rest of Texas could be next if people remain stupid

those mentally impaired fools gathering together for Spring Break parties makes me angry

idiots insisting that they’re still gonna do what they want and not practice any social distancing need a sanitized slap to the face

13. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Should just throw these ****in idiots in jail actually.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

all they’re doing is further fcking things up...at this point, if you’re not doing all u possibly can to prevent spread of this virus then you’re stupid, selfish, and a danger to society who needs to get dealt with

15. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

16. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Great line I heard on TV regarding social-distancing and staying home...

We need to manage what’s unavoidable so we can avoid what’s unmanageable

17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

it’s an unpopular opinion because it ignores reality. Which is people are dumb. Americans are especially dumb but seems. Heck, even smart Americans appear to be dumb. My backyard neighbor had a couple families over last night to swim. We know another family that just got back from a spring break trip to Colorado with their 3 kids. Smart middle class people.

sure... odds are still meaningfully in their favor but if we just did 2 weeks ago what are ultimately going to do anyway this **** would be way way under control.

And we couldn’t/didn’t do that because instead their whole thought process was lie, misdirect, distort, etc.

More people will die, the social distancing will last for much longer, and those that remain healthy but isolated - which eventually will be everyone because it will be required at some point - will do so with more of a positive attitude and faith we’ll get through it with a solid legit plan laid out.

Life the next 18 months is going to be meaningfully different and in almost all cases worse because of dickwads like this mother ****er. Do the right thing. Not only did dipshit not do that... he doubles and triples down by profiteering illegally.

**** this *******. ****er should be in jail rest of his life.

I mean seriously ... it the middle of a pandemic... this is next level evil stuff

#3257 JayZ750, Mar 19, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
    daywalker02 and robbie380 like this.
  18. Beezy

Beezy Member

19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All I know, is that with the possibility of getting Coronavirus I am so glad I can try and stay safe in the comfort of my home. Can you imagine how much more terrifying and uncomfortable it must be for all the poor immigrants in the world staying in tent shelters across the border from a country that refuses them entry and a chance of a better life?

As bad as it may get, it could be so much worse. Stay safe, stay strong, don't put others at risk by being selfish and careless, and hopefully we all make it through this.

IBTL, daywalker02, Yung-T and 2 others like this.
  20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Trump has also reportedly asked for unemployment numbers report to be delayed. I posted this in the stock market thread, but I figured I would share this here too. These numbers are absolutely unfathomable and the trend will continue. I'm just in shock even though I knew it was coming.

Yung-T likes this.