1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Countdown to XXXVIII: the logo to be unveiled

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by tigereye, Jan 21, 2003.

1. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Wow is that logo bad. It took me five minutes to come up with a better one. I would've done the work for free, too...

[​IMG]

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I almost vomited when I saw the Houston logo.

That thing is awful... this has to be a joke.

Note: this wasn't designed by the Houston people, but by guys with the NFL in New York.

Is there any way we can complain about this? I think the colors are probably the worst combo I have ever seen since the old Tampa Bay uniforms...and you know how successful those were.

3. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

I know a few people over at the NYC NFL office that I deal with from time to time. Rest assured, they'll be hearing from me. :)

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i can't believe ya'll care enough to be that upset....

5. PhiSlammaJamma

I don't think we're upset, I just think most of us realize we've made better art on the toilet. That is a terrible logo. The Browns would be embarassed by that logo and they don't even have one.

6. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Don't stop b****in' until you get satisfaction!!

7. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Would've posted this earlier...

the logo is worse than the Rockets logo.

The numerals have the same affect as the word "Rockets" does on their logo. It looks dreadful.

I mean at least make the V stand out so it's even on both sides.

SD's logo has an X standing out even though it's uneven.

I would honestly much rather see the current smiley Rocket on the Super Bowl logo.

Maybe even a reference to 1974 at Rice. They could've put the dome, they could've put the downtown skyline at least.

If they were going to sync it with the marathon or Rodeo, then put bulls on there, or the Texans logo or something.

I mean a freakin' clip art cowboy would've looked better.

There is no way those colors and that logo will be the main logo. There's no way.

Todd Radom has the worst computer art capabilities in the country. I could've shat something better than that.

Please Vescey, please get this erased!!!!!

8. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

I hope the guy who designed that is not the same one coming up with the Rockets new uniforms.

9. drapg

drapg Member

How come there is no mention of the host city in the logo? I thought that was standard fare.

10. DLev

DLev Member

I'm trying to track the designer's e-mail address down. I'm pissed.

11. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Everytime something great happens in Houston, some type of **** like that has to come about and ruin it all. No wonder Houston doesn't get much publicity...

12. MadMax

that's why i said earlier i don't think this is the final draft...eventually they'll surround the logo with the date and the host city name, at the very least.

13. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

If you put glitter on crap, will it still be crap?

The color scheme (orange, red, and blue), font, and design of the logo will not change.

The logo represents us. Other boards are already discussing this logo. Here's one someone did on Hornfans:

[​IMG]

I'd take the above as our logo right now.

14. MadMax

honestly, who cares??? we all have the SD logo in our heads right now because it's Super Bowl Week...but did any of you ever see that logo before the conference championships? do you remember it, even if you did? do you remember the logo for last year's superbowl??? i doubt it...we remember where the game was played, but not what the freaking logo looked like.

mountain out of a mole hill.

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Exactly.

16. PhiSlammaJamma

I don't know, most of the houstonians will be wearing this logo next year during and after the game. Two other cities will be wearing it too.

17. MadMax

if i promise to abstain from wearing the logo, will you promise to smile?

i just can't imagine letting something like this really bother me...it's so incidental. had houston not been awarded the super bowl, that's something to get a little upset about...disappointed...but complaining about the design of the logo???? come on!

18. drapg

drapg Member

It's Super Bowl week.

Asking stupid interview questions, nitpicking over little things, and making unneccesary drama is all part of the festivities.

-"How long have you been a black quarterback?"

19. coma

coma Contributing Member

If we didn't complain about something people might think that we are Democrats.

20. tigereye

tigereye Member

I totaly agree with you. Hey, atleast we have the pleasure of hosting the Super Bowl. Do you realise we are one of only three cities to host the Super Bowl and the NBA/ MLB All star games, and the Final Four along with Atlanta and Minneapolis. (dont quote me on that, I might have missed one city) Plus we are only the second city to Host both the Super Bowl and the MLB All-Star Game in the same year. To make it even better, not other city in Texas can say they have hosted a Super Bowl, or Two in our case.
    I started this thread to generat a little excitement, not bash a damn logo!!!

Plus the logo isnt bad either. Take a close look at it and you might realise that NFL Properties, who designed it and the Texans Logo and uniforms, is trying to be a little nostilgic.
    The Logo closely resembles those of the classic Super Bowls of the 70's. There just trying to follow a cool trend started by sports merchandise with old school jerseys. Hopefully they will do the same with the halftime show and pattern it after those unforgettable preformances of the 90's and not like the crappy ones in the past few years, exculding the touching 9/11 U2 tribute of last year. It's time to get excited. What would you like to see at the Houston Super Bowl? Who do you think should preform at halftime? Which Teams would you like to see square off? I want to see the Texans and Eagles like I said earlier, but I would be happy to settle for Jets vs. Eagles.