1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Could Cuban be submarining the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jun 6, 2002.

1. Nellie

Nellie Member

Understood.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

cheers then.

keep posting, and join us at the Draft Party like you promised. I can tell you from experience LOL!!, this BBS forgives and forgets, as fast as it pounces.

btw: I still say Nitwitz has no D, and you just aren't being objective about it. jab!

3. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Hey, I resemble that remark....:p

I'm still standing in here!!!

Nellie, Ive given you a response on this...and Gascon in the Rashard thread...you make the decision.

4. Darth West

Darth West Member

I would say that this site would benefit from a few more fans from other teams so give it another shot ... if you are worried about the ignore list just re-register (unless the ignore function is IP number dependent :) ) ... will your views always be appriciated ... hell no ... I still get lots of weird smiles when I say there is no way we'll trade #4 + Battier for the #1 but that you just have to live with ...

5. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

FYI,....I believe that the ignore is based on username, your IP addy changes everytime you relog on to your ISP..(I know, off-topic)

Your always gonna get weird smilies Darth. but thats cause you use the dark side of the force (and your a Griz fan) :D :p

6. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

hey, Nellie.

listen. . . the site can be really ignorant and really contentious even for us Rockets fans. it has only gotten moreso with all the Yao Ming fervor.

I think Rockets2k has given you a very fairminded assessment of things. that's like gold on a board like this.

I hope you stick around. I can tell you know your ball even if the messages are getting crossways sometimes.

I'd rather have a contentious, knowledgable fan of the little mavs around than a hundred Get Darius Rice's and D.ILLLEST 1's and any other ignorant, contentious Rockets fans.

and, yes, the board can be really testy a lot of times.

all that being said, I just want to also add that I really respect your coaching ability as the greatest NBA coach of all time never to lead a team to the Finals, much less win one.

with love and the heart of a champion,
    rudolph T.

7. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Dakota, I was thinking the exact same thing when I first heard about this. While it's likely not the case, Cuban is a businessman, so I wouldn't entirely put it past him. I know I'd do whatever I could to throw a wrench into a situation like this one.

8. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

Allow me to try to pull this thread back to its original topic.

My take on this: It's Cuban's gimmick, but not to Rockets, at least intentionally. Both Mav and Wang want him to stay and play summer league. However, Mav are supposed to "locate" him and send him back. By stating that they can not find him publicly, mav are just tiptoeing the contract. Wang most likely knows he has some leaway there, but just need to lay low and keep quiet. I bet he won't defect. (He will probabily be the highest ranking Chinese military defaction if he does that.)

If Wang's contact man can make a public announcemnet (He's in LA), there is no way Mav can not locate him.

However this does harm the Ming situation of Rockets, if the message is interpreted wrong by CBA officials.

Perfectly logical, isn't it?

9. Hail The Dream!

10. Houstone

Houstone Member

Today, the mayor of shanghai spoke to the public about yao's situation. He states that yao has done more enough for the city of shanghai - he brought home a national title. He deserves a chance to show what he can do in NBA. The mayor also emphasized on the fact that the government has no right to set restriction on yao's departure. It's yao's team's decision to release yao for NBA, and he encourage the club to let yao to play in a higher level.

11. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Huh? Since when was Lo White a two sport athlete?! Lorenzo White played RB for the Houston Oilers. I think you meant Lorenzo Williams.

Carry on.

12. Houstone

Houstone Member

Shanghai Sharks are posturing to get the best deal in return to release its rights to Yao. It was reported in the Chinese Press that both CHI and NYK have offered very attractive deals that can not be resisted.
    Just read the lates ChicagoTribune and you know that J Krause spent 10 days in China in March and got to know everyone there and Krause is confident that he can sign Yao. Talking about how naive all the sports writers are chasing JWill for Chicago!

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So it turns out that Cuban was lying......funny that !!

DaDakota