1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Could Cuban be submarining the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jun 6, 2002.

1. Nellie

Nellie Member

On what bounds? This post asked a question and I gave an answer. I guess that should have been changed to include a "answers from pro-conspiraters only" to make you happy huh?

2. Nellie

Nellie Member

I think you misread what I said. The Mavs position on Ming is that he is a bust (at #1 to add a little more clarifiaction) and at least a late 1st rounder.

I'm not here to defend Cuban people. He does a lot of ridiculous things. I just don't think a Ming conspiracy is one of them.

3. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

If you expect me to slam you, you will be mistaken.
    But I cant fault you for not knowing that, I dont post very much (but I read damn near every thread that comes thru here).

In other threads and in this one, you get very defensive very quickly and start making smart-a$$ cracks about other posters when you are arguing with them..Then you proceed to talk crap about this site..most of us take umbrage to this kind of reaction since this place is like a home to most of us.

These are the actions I speak of...
    You say that you want to just talk ball and be respected...
    these are the words I speak of....

I believe you (that you just want to talk ball)...

but as with any group of ppl that you wish to join in with..there are various guidelines that would enable you to be accepted
    Around here, one of the primary guidelines are:
    1)Thou shall not talk sh*t about CC.Net

If you provide a different viewpoint about things..you will be accepted as long as you do it civily and use some measure of logic in your arguments. but if someone proves you wrong, don't be childish about it.. look at the proof and try to see if it is valid enuff for you to say " Ok I was mistaken"..if you are right, dont cram it down other ppls throats...pretty simple...

Damn, what a rant...sorry , I dont post much and you see why ( I can't seem to shut up):D

Tak this for what it's worth....just some guys opinion.
    and as my fav comic says.

"That's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

4. Nellie

Nellie Member

I guess what the gray area is then is in regards to what "civil" is. Let's take this post for example. The post started by asking a question: Could Cuban be sabotaging the Rockets chance at Ming? I gave an answer and did give a reason. Now, if the comment "you give the Rockets too much credit" was what bothered everybody, well what do you expect me to say? You do understand that there is not much objectivity here because 99% of the fans here are Rockets fans. Fine, makes sense. But that doesn't mean that the other 1% is trying to slam CC.net or it's fans everytime they don't completely agree with what is being posted. I urge you to toss this same question around outside of this site and you will probably get some more answers like mine.

5. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

uh, JayZ didn't misread what you said. Here is what you said-

the Mavericks have stated several times that it's position on Wang is that he is a bust.

JayZ and the rest read what you said exactly the way you posted. It's you, attacking everyone in part because you post "Wang" instead of "Ming".

Stop trolling. We have plenty of non-Rockets fans that don't troll, so please don't start the "oppresive Rockets fans" bit.

6. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

no nellie...you are missing my point..

what I posted had very little to do with the phrase "You give the Rockets too much credit"...it was an accumulation of what I have been watching you say for the last week or so.

Re-read what I said and keep in mind that I'm just tryin to give you a take on why you seem to be rubbing ppl the wrong way.

And I think if you get past this little rough spot and actually get into some in-depth discussions with some of the Sr Members , that you will find some very objective and well spoken guys/girls to talk with. Dont judge us on the newbies who don't care for logical, objective discussions..it has gotten very weird here lately with all this Ming-madness, and it seems to me that lots of the newer members think that this is a ESPN-type site where slamming each other and talkin smack are the order of the day.

Sure, you are gonna find lots of biased dreamcasting and rampant homerism here, but look beneath the surface and try to ferret out the good stuff while ignoring the bad. It's aint that hard to do.

7. Nellie

Nellie Member

Your right. That was a typo on my part. Now everything makes sense. My apologies on that. I realy meant to say "Ming" there instead of "Wang"

8. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Obviously your ego is getting in the way of discussing basketball with you Nellie since you're ALWAYS right, and you are SO smart, and we are SO stupid and everything we discuss on this board is so stupid. In fact I bet if you were one of the people running around at the time, you would be saying "Yeah right, I'll bet Vancouver would take Dickerson, Othella Harrington, Antoine Carr and Brent Price for Francis, try throwing that outside this board you will probably get some more answers like mine!" if you were around at the time. I bet you would have also said we weren't "objective" if someone said something like "Roy Rogers and a 2nd round pick for Scottie Pippen". But if there isn't objectivity here because "99% of the fans are Rocket fans", well guess what, IT'S A ROCKETS BOARD! We're not forcing you to stay here and whine about us.

9. Nellie

Nellie Member

Makes sense. I'm starting to gather though that my reputation is already made without having a full understanding of what people expect here. If so, I guess my days are limited here cause I want to talk ball. I came here to do that because it seemed like the place to go now that you guys have the #1 pick and I heard some good things about it. That is why I am here, no other reason. I guess I need to learn the "rules" here or just leave cause I'm not talking very much ball.

10. RocksMillenium

Sometimes you Mavericks fans make me laugh. 2 years of winning and all of a sudden you think you're above us. By the way, I like how after winning for a few years Mavericks fans are labeling Rockets fans "homers". I'm sure you guys are REAL objective on your Mavericks boards, assuming you have one.

11. Gascon

Gascon Member

I'm dumber for having read this thread. :rolleyes:

12. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Others have started off bad and managed to turn it around.
    We do normally welcome other team's fans as long as they aren't here to troll...

If you are serious, just think before ya post. try to stay objective...and like RoxMil said "This IS a Rockets board"..so keep in mind that if ya slam the Rox, you are going to get some bad responses.

13. Nellie

Nellie Member

Should I gather then that objectivity is not welcome here? If that is the case then I heard wrong about what this site is about. And I will say again, I have dished just as much as I have received. Nobody is innocent on that front.

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Nelson is re-living gettingbranded's posting career, isn't he?

Nelson, you are in over your head trying to be "mr objective let me tell the Rockets board what is what." There is a reason why you like this bbs; it is because it is the best sports bbs in the world. Are you really here trying to make it better by claiming more honorable objectivity?? As a Maverick's fan, no less??

Listen Nelson, just because you are not a Rocket's fan doesn't mean you are more objective about the Rockets than guys like JayZ and NIKE...you dork!

#34 heypartner, Jun 6, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2002
  15. Nellie

Nellie Member

First off, leave me out of this one cause I didn't post it. Second of all, I was watching the Mavs during there 11-71 season when Quin Buckner was the coach and our starting 5 consisted of guys like Tim Legler, Lorenzo White, and Mike Izzulino. I have seen plenty of dark times as a Mavs fan so I don't think I am above anybody. I can't speak for TexasG but I have not come in here saying the Mavericks are better than the Rockets. In fact, I rarely ever mention the Mavericks here so stop making stuff up. I talk about what is posted. Anything else is an inferiority complex you have made up in your head.

16. RocksMillenium

Give me a break, you made your own reputation. You say you want to talk ball, but whenever someone tried to talk ball with you, you took potshots at them, made smart@ss comments, and then ripped the website and BBS. Yeah, that'll REALLY make friends on this board! Here's an example:

http://bbs.clutchcity.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34883&perpage=30&pagenumber=1

Or how about when you came into a thread mocking and laughing at the Rockets posters and I responded to some of yours in this posts:

http://bbs.clutchcity.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34717

And you responded to me by taking shots at my signature, at Cuttino Mobley, and at the Rockets and their record:

<i>Yeah, Cuttino talks pretty tough for a team that won only 28 games last year. That is taking it in the butt.</i>

If you looked not ONCE did anybody make any comments about you being a Mavericks fan (assuming you are), YOU brought it up. It's the abrasive attitude you have, constantly attacking people who disagree with you, ripping their opinions, and then constantly talking about how right you are. Your ego is out of control basically is what I'm saying. If you treated people as equals, instead of being dumber or below you, you wouldn't be whining that the BBS is against you because you're a Mavericks fan.

#36 RocksMillenium, Jun 6, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2002
  17. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

No doubt there...

Perfect example of what I was talkin bout earlier nellie...

you might see this guy as being insulting...but if you want a technical, well-informed discussion of b-ball...you wont find anyone better to talk to...

but he returns as he gets..if you are gonna be insulting..he will be insulting back.
    but he's paid his dues..everyone here, wether they like him or not, knows that he knows his sh*t.

18. Nellie

Nellie Member

Fine then. I have an ego and I have pissed a lot of people off. If you refer to the Rashard Lewis post, I extended an apology to the people I have gotten off on the wrong foot with. Some have responded on this thread with negativity towards that gesture and it doesn't matter to them. I am on the "ignore" list as one guy called it. So I guess the question now is there any reason for me to stay?

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

If a man is standing in a room by himself, and ponders whether he should stay secluded in that room, does anyone care?