1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Could Cuban be submarining the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jun 6, 2002.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

All this talk about Wang Zhi Zhi going missing and the timing of it are incredibly fishy.

Do you wonder if Mark Cuban is trying to sabotage the Rockets ability to get Yao Ming? Think about it, if you were Cuban, would you want a team in your division that has been owning you on the court to get a very talented, very tall center?

And, what if you could scare that team away from that player? The bit about the Mavericks going to his house 2 times a day, and can not find him is laughable. In this day and age of email, cell phones, etc..etc....it seems highly unlikely that Cuban can not get in touch with him.

This hole thing stinks of underhandedness.

DaDakota

2. DaDakota

3. montgo

montgo Contributing Member

DaDakota is dead on this...cannot reach him is bull! they know where he is and what he is doing.

I am not too sure abou sabotaging our draft though, because the Chinese government did say they might be recalling Wang, so maybe the timing is not good, but wang's disappearance had to happen....it stinks for us, but there was no good timing for this....it was either the Red Army Highway or bust....

though, I personally doubt whether China really needs Wang that badly.

4. Darth West

Darth West Member

I think they know exactly were he is and what he is doing ... however my guess is that they are loyal to Wang and will help him do whatever he wants defect/play in summer leauge/whatever rather then trying to screw Mings NBA future ...

5. Live

Live Member

I don't know about Cuban sabotaging the Rockets, but Wang's situation could be a reason for a little 'whip-cracking' and making Yao sweat a little by the Chinese gov't.

EDIT: Good point, Darth West.

6. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

How hard can it be to find a 7'1 Asian dude?

7. wrath_of_khan

wrath_of_khan Contributing Member

I wouldn't put this past Cuban. Heck, I wouldn't put anything past Cuban.

But if Wang doesn't want to be reached, all he as to do is let his e-mail, cell phone, pager, etc. go unanswered. Just because you call somebody's cell phone doesn't mean you know where they are.

What a bizarre offseason. How long until Bateer goes AWOL?

8. Nellie

Nellie Member

LOL...You are giving the Rockets way too much credit. the Mavericks have stated several times that it's position on Wang is that he is a bust. I guess you can choose wether or not you want to believe that but Cuban has better things to do than sabatoge the Houston Rockets.

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

That occurred to me earlier, DaDakota. I wasn't gonna be the first to say it. But I'll second it.

The timing of this "disappearance" is amazing.

I wouldn't put anything past anybody right now. Isn't it funny that (according to Doc Rocket) so many teams started calling the Rockets in earnest, as soon as they heard we'd be heading over to China? "Whaddaya want for Ming? I'll give you the #2, Curry, Chandler, Crawford, and my grandkids...hey, you'd like my grandkids, I'm faxing a picture of'em to you right now...."

Probably the same GMs and owners who said the guy's gonna be a bust. Cuban being one of them.

There are too many dynamics here to know the truth.

If this is just a case of Wang defecting, then more power to him.

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Hmmmmm he is Cuban - must be Castro up to his commie tricks- David Stern calls for embargo of Dallas...How can you lose a 7' 1" Chinese man? If he really did defect thats pretty ballsy and very cool- go Wang.

11. ROXTXIA

Go have fun posting on the Dallas boards the stuff we're posting here. "Can you believe those Rockets fans?"

I know you love Mark Jock-Sniffer Cuban, and I would, too, if he turned my doormat team into a playoff team, but just because he states publicly that Ming's gonna be a bust doesn't mean he really thinks it. Disparaging what you can't have, and what you don't want others to have, is an old game. And probably an important one, too, in this case.

12. Nellie

Nellie Member

If that is the best response you have then you probably know I am right.

13. DaDakota

Nellie,

Every organization is purely about winning (except the Clips), now that being said, wouldn't you do everything in your power to ensure that your team remained on top?

I would not put it past Cuban to do something like this, it is much like the Rockets not telling anyone who they really covet in the draft.

The timing of all this seems really odd, and it makes sense in a weird sort of way.

Mark Cuban is a smart man, and he knows that having Ming in his division with the Rockets talented backcourt would spell serious trouble for a doughnut team like the Mavericks.

DaDakota

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

...like what, go give some more interviews for the enromously popular Jay Mohr show? Yeah, he's a busy man:rolleyes:

15. TexasG

TexasG Member

Don't flatter yourself guys. I seriously doubt that Cuban is risking Wang's future in the NBA simply because he's worried about the Rockets. That is about the most asinine thing I have ever heard. Do you guys honestly think that Wang would risk his own future because Cuban doesn't want the Rockets to draft Yao?

Sometimes you homers really make me laugh.

16. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Really??
    How doya explain away this then?
    If he was a bust, why would they want to resign/work with him to resolve any and all obstacles to being with them?

Comeon man, you claim you just want to talk ball and be respected as someone who knows his ball...

Actions speak louder than words.

Act like you want to have reasonable discussions and the other posters here will gladly oblidge you, act like a troll and you will be treated as one.

17. Nellie

Nellie Member

I expect you will slam me for this but I don't understand this statement. What exactly are you refering to when you say "actions speak louder than words"?

18. ROXTXIA

Actually my original post included "I'm sick of you, why don't you just go away?" I guess I'll just include it now.

19. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually, depending on the system, they either can find you if you have your phone turned on as of about a month ago, or they will be able to do so in the very near future. They're implimenting some new thing to help locate people that dial 911 and need help, but are unable to talk.

Oh, uh, Nellie? I'd like to introduce you to my friend, the ignore list. Ignore list? Meet Nellie.

I've read all of your posts thusfar and noe of them are anything but condicending, argumentative, and without any redeeming qualities.

Its funny how the trolls all manage to show up when things happen. Like when we traded Hakeem, we were deluged with crap from Flutie, and RaptorsDynasty, etc. But once they saw what they'd payed for, they went away.

Your initial appearence seems to pretty much occur about when the Mavs got punked by the Kings. I guess you expected the Mavs to go to the finals, and the dissapointment combined with loads of free time, drove you to try and feel better about yourself by cracking on some other teams fans?

Anyway good luck with whatever you post, 'cause I won't be reading it.

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

While your words say the Mavs think Wang is a bust, their actions (which speak louder) say they are still interested in him.

Oh..what about spending a day running a Dairy Queen. Cuban apparantly had time to do somthing r****ded like that.