1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cougar Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Mar 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

I don't understand either why Brooks FT percentage is so low. Or why he is so inconsistent with his shot. He has a beautiful shot and can rebound like a bat out of hell. I thought earlier in the year that by now he would be our best player. Imagine if you could give him Jarreau's fearlessness. You might very well have the second coming of MJ. I thought he was developing in that direction but he does not drive to the basket as much as I would like him to. Maybe that is a function of Sampson's role for him on this year's team. Him, Jarreau, and Hinton are going to have to carry the load next year at the guard spot unless there is more help on the way.

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The four corners made it a lot easier for the opponent to commit a non shooting foul. I believe the one and one rule was there so that teams that were behind could have a way to come back when there was no shot clock. Anyway, I don't know why college hoop didn't incorporate the shot clock sooner when stalling and fouling were so ugly to watch.

3. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

We have 2 freshman for next year who are supposed to be really good one of them is already on campus and practicing with the team.

King1 likes this.
  4. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Marcus Sasser

Caleb Mills

King1 and seemoreroyals like this.
  5. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

J'Wan Roberts who is a 6'7 PF from Killeen

King1 likes this.
  6. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Thanks for the videos and the glimpse into the future of next years team. In the meantime I think we still have a lot if BB left this year. I am going to really miss Corey Davis Jr. and Galen Robinson. They both have really stepped up in the tournament. Hope they both get a shot at the next level. I could see where the Rockets could use either one of or both of these guys next year as role players.

MadMax, King1 and Jake Tower like this.
  7. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Corey would be a perfect fit here

8. the shark

the shark Member

Jturbo you obviously understand the game of basketball unlike one idiot on here.

"NC ST played an extra game"??? About TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!!

Obviously said IDIOT did NOT watch the game between UH & Louisville, because if he did he'd understand why the Coog's were wiped out and didn't have their legs that night. Also, as has already been pointed out, Guy V wasn't the one who missed all those FT.

Going to enjoy this current team instead of trying to argue with the village idiot.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

Think Brooks is an emotional player in his head. So he just needs to learn how to compartmentalize that as part of his craft. And he's never been on this kind of stage before, never been asked to be the man. It's happening fast. But even in the last game, where I think most of us would agree it looked like he got tight and choked a bit, he still put up 10 and 6 and almost 50% fg. So his bad games are actually pretty average and that has been consistent all year. We all were thinking tear that zone apart and he didn't do it. Once Davis is gone, he'll be asked to step it up just like Davis did. However, he will need to add the drive game that is non-existent so far. Not stop and pop like Dotson, but get to the rim. That's the only thing I would have him do all offseason. Take it to the rim or learn that tear drop. Not being on the line that much is why he shoots poorly from there. He has the right mentality, he plays defense, he rebounds, he's long and athletic, he has bounce in his step, he can shoot. All the tools are there to make it to the nba except the one on one skills.

#1729 PhiSlammaJamma, Mar 26, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    seemoreroyals likes this.
  10. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

We all watched it. You are actually the idiot. I would debate with you but you just wanna puff your chest all up and act like a fool.

Everyone everywhere knows the Coogs were gassed. I mean EVERYONE knows it and has for 35 years. Please stay off the Cougar board as you are ruining this great moment in time here. The 4 corners lost us the game. Also, everyone EVERYWHERE knows the Coogs were a bad FT shooting team. Putting us at the line was a damn good strategy and it worked.

Someone smarter than you (not hard to imagine) said that the lack of a shot clock was a main reason. That was more relevant than anything you said.

BruceAndre and Easy like this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

I think yall should also start arguing about why Guy V and Elvin Hayes couldn't beat UCLA in the final 4, getting blown out twice.

That seems just about as pertinent to this year's Coogs as Phi Slamma Jamma.

Pat likes this.
  12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Kelvin Sampson on Rich Eisen today

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Plowman, Pat and Jake Tower like this.
  14. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

I would argue that all the UH history in the tourney is relevant.

Besides, what else we gonna talk about until Friday? :D

Easy and Tomstro like this.
  15. the shark

the shark Member

Village idiot, Drexler has four fouls and the Dream is sucking wind on the bench (and has been throughout the game), in your PEE BRAIN MIND what would you have Guy V do......run with them?

Would you have him shoot the FT as well?? He can only do so much.

Now you're throwing in there wasn't a shot clock and that's the "MAIN" reason?? Well DUMB ASS OF COURSE THERE WASN'T A SHOT CLOCK so how is that now the reason they got beat??

The sad thing about the VILLAGE IDIOT is he's CLUELESS that he's the VILLAGE IDIOT!!

16. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Man you are a straight tool.
    And again you bring nothing to this debate.

BruceAndre likes this.
  17. PhiSlammaJamma

Think about that. The Cougars best attendance this year at 33-3 was 7k, and the game of the century, in 1968, almost 60 years earlier, drew 52k. That's almost implausible to think about.

Houstunna and Easy like this.
  18. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My brother was at that game.
    Didn't go to any game this year.
    Maybe that's the difference.

Easy and Tomstro like this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

20. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Good to see some action on this thread, it’s about damn time!