1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Correa out 4-6 weeks with cracked rib

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by mikol13, May 29, 2019.

1. Jeremy Williams

If Straw is sent down--assuming we make no deals prior to the deadline that move Kemp--do you see Kemp keeping Tucker off the roster (July 26 marks the time Tucker reaches Super 2)?

2. SemisolidSnake

Correa's like a foreign car. Always something wrong with it and expensive to fix. We should probably keep a similar model around that we can use for parts as needed.

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I think Tucker may be keeping Tucker off the roster. :)

red and T for 3 like this.
  4. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Astros are going with a four man rotation for the next 10 days or so. I am betting the 5th starter may be one sent down.

6. Jeremy Williams

We already sent Armenteros down for Diaz.

7. No Worries

Cy Sneed is still up and could go down. The Astros still have 12 pitchers on the 25 man roster.

http://m.mlb.com/hou/roster

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

But he replaced Josh James, I can't see us going with an 11 man pitching staff for very long, even with the days off.

It may be a stopgap option between now and the deadline when we surely will have a new pitcher coming in, but it would seem to just be putting off the inevitable demotion/release of Straw or Kemp for a few days.

No Worries likes this.
  9. Jeremy Williams

Yeah, I do suppose that could be a short term fix, if we do not mind the taxing of our pen.

No Worries likes this.
  10. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

6 days until the deadline, so whatever move they make doesn’t matter because the roster will surely be changing again soon. That’s why I don’t see any way they do anything involving an out of options player (like Kemp).

No Worries likes this.
  11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

My buddy is in Round Rock and saw him play in person last night. Said he looked pretty good until his fiance came out and started arguing with the home plate ump about his strike zone and then posted a video of the entire episode on her YouTube channel.

Okay, that last part didn't really happen....but I could totally see it happening

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

The Hunted and eric.81 like this.
  13. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

We've got so many off days coming up. We could easily do it, and then send Straw down if needed later. Eventually it figures that Straw will go down if he and Kemp remain on the roster past the deadline.

14. SemisolidSnake

I won't lie; you got me. If Leroy hadn't quoted you, I wouldn't have seen the small text and totally believed it.

I'm going to use this as a personal lesson that my threshold for succumbing to confirmation bias drops like a stone when I'm in a bad mood (which has nothing to with anything here.) The leakage into other things is real, though, and I need to be careful of that in the future.

T for 3 likes this.
  15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Well..since Kemp's status is sealed, the question is will they bring up Tucker before Sept. 1st to make him playoff eligible?

16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

She seems like the type. He is WHIPPED with a CONTROLLING, HIGH MAINTENANCE woman.

everyday eddie likes this.
  17. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Y'all really think that she would actually come on the field and go after the ump? I get the feeling that she might be controlling and that they have a penchant for showing off on social media...but you really think she'd come on the field to complain about a call?

18. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Tucker is on the 40 man roster. No move is necessary to make him eligible for the playoffs.

19. No Worries

I thought the bar for playoff eligibility was much lower. IIRC the player only has to be part of the organization on September 1.

20. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

You are correct

No Worries likes this.