1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Correa out 4-6 weeks with cracked rib

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by mikol13, May 29, 2019.

1. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Get healthy. Swing that bat. All I care about. Don't care how he proposed, when he's getting married, or who he's ****ing. Get healthy. Swing that bat.

biff17, CheezeyBoy22 and Snake Diggit like this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

Dammit, you're right.

raining threes likes this.
  3. Major

Major Member

Eh - I think it's understandable if she has a Youtube channel (?) as a natural medium to communicate (it sounded from the beginning like she does, but I have no idea?). The jokes about her causing the injury were made all over this board, so I'm sure they were made on twitter and everywhere else too and I'm sure they heard about it. I don't see any problem with them publicly responding to that.

The stuff about her adding details was certainly odd.

raining threes likes this.
  4. Major

Major Member

For what it's worth, many of the "greats" act that way. Jordan and Lebron, in particular, come to mind.

raining threes and texans1095 like this.
  5. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

My wife says differently...

Granted that is from her giving CPR, not hearing them from another room.

6. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

They are so lying.

She is so insanely hot.

They need to just get married already. What are they waiting for? That'll stop all the fun, rough sex immediately.

AB423, raining threes and The Beard like this.
  7. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

Clearly, the proposal wasn't because they were sooooo ready to get married. I hate all of this. I have loved Coco from the day we got him. But the A-Rod comps have been about more than just on the field.

Snake Diggit and texans1095 like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

LMFAO She was “down stairs” but heard the noise of the rib cracking and the masseuse gasping.

Just stop talking about it or more people are going to pry. Carlos and his “fiancée” need to shut up and Carlos needs to stay out of stupid situations and comeback healthy. Carlos really doesn’t want people to know how big a self absorbed dumbass he is and he isn’t bright enough to keep it private if he keeps running his lips.

#208 Nook, May 31, 2019
    Last edited: May 31, 2019
  9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Why is fiancee in quotes? Why don't you just tell everybody what really happened?

chievous minniefield likes this.
  10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Getting a massage is a stupid situation? Why put fiancée in quotes? She is his fiancée.

The things people choose to get pissed off about make me laugh sometimes. Other times, it's just annoying. He didn't purposely get hurt. He didn't mean any harm by proposing at the moment he did. Maybe he's a bit of a narcissist...but just about all highly successful people are to some extent. Yeah, he sucked last season with the bad back. He's been back to pretty awesome this season until this unfortunate accident. I just don't get the automatic pessimism so many of you guys have with Correa.

biff17, The Hunted and Major like this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

I put fiancée in quotes because he has been engaged to her for nearly two years. They live together, at this point she is basically his wife.

You actually believe he was getting a massage and fractured a rib?

The day he said that he broke it “getting a massage”, someone said he hurt his side when he tussled with someone on the basketball court. He is a young guy, and young guys do stupid things but he has been warned about being careful.

I’m sure he will comeback and be fine, he is just a bad liar and is only making it worse by going public and lying about it. Same with his wife. Just leave it alone, rehab and comeback and kick butt.

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

A year and a half engagement isn't that long. My wife and I were engaged for 16 months. Besides, what business is it of anyone's but theirs?

Who said he hurt it playing basketball? Someone here or there's a report? I honestly have not seen that. If it's a rumor, what has he done for so many to be so quick to not give him the benefit of the doubt?

13. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

He kind of looks like an abused guy in the video. He has the defeated look of a woman keeping him on lock down. It's obvious his girl is pushing him into all of these videos for her own celebrity. I'll bet anyone the year he dumps her he'll win the MVP.

Nook likes this.
  14. T for 3

T for 3 Member

"Tussled with someone on the basketball court?" sauce?

15. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

I follow Carlos and his lady on IG and they seem super in love with each other. Therefore, I'd say the domestic violence claim is completely false.

16. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

When did Clutchfans get invaded by 80s TV mothers-in law?

biff17 and arkoe like this.
  17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The rough sex is not. She doesn’t want to be embarrassed and blamed. Only reason for the video on her channel.

Wulaw Horn likes this.
  18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Did one of Correa's people tell him he should do this or did he do it on his own. Either way this was a pretty terrible idea. It doesn't personally bother me, but it's certainly a bad look. He obviously hurt himself doing something he shouldn't have, or we wouldn't be getting this lazy excuse. He's under no obligation to be forthcoming to anybody besides the Astros, and it isn't as if they're gonna pursue action to punish him for this. Just rehab and keep quiet.

Correa has a huge ego, like many great athletes, it's been pretty clear for a while. If I were in his shoes I'd probably have a pretty big ego too, it's not a crime. I'm not sure why that bothers people as much as it does. It seems to lead to an unfair amount of acrimony toward him.

19. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

This is more than a bit of an overreaction.

Correa can't keep his ass healthy, and that is definitely a problem, but calling out his performance on the field isn't fair. He's lived up to every bit of the hype. You can be self absorbed and attention hungry without it effecting your work ethic. Nobody loves to be looked at more than JJ Watt, and his world class performance kept improving until he got hurt.

biff17 likes this.
  20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

That video doesn’t seem fishy at all..........

Anyhow this makes me understand why Correa had back problems. It’s from all the stress of dealing with her. Dude needs to wake up and move on from her even though she is super hot.

everyday eddie likes this.