1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cops kill another one

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rockbox, Feb 11, 2021.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Warning!!! video shows actual shooting.

So how come the national media isn't covering this?

FrontRunner likes this.
  2. TimDuncanDonaut

The video is very is different than what the troopers originally said.

3. TimDuncanDonaut

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

WOW!! The cops involved can burn in hell. The bold faced lie they told too...my God

he has his hands up, and these scum say he’s pointing a weapon at them and that’s why they shot him...

If someone is having a mental health breakdown, it is not advisable to call the cops to help them if that person isn’t white. How many times is something like this gonna happen?

DVauthrin likes this.
  5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Professional liars.

6. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

That is a very low resolution video to make judgments from. Clearly his left hand is raised, but I can't see his right hand until after he is shot, at which point I can't tell if he is holding a gun or not. At 2:10 it looks like maybe he is, but it just isn't clear enough to see. I would wait for body cam or photos before judging.

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The report says he was pointing a gun at them, which at no point in this video it shows.

8. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Bro, if you've been shot in the chest, your first reaction is to reach for the wound. Cops use that as he was reaching for something excuse after shooting a person. Get shot in the leg. Try not to reach and grab your ****ing leg afterwards. I hate this tired ass argument.

peleincubus likes this.
  9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Rule of thumb. If body cam footage exists and isn't immediately released to the public, it's a given that the cops are hiding something. They love releasing video footage that clears them.

So the longer it takes for body cam footage to be released the more skeptical one should be of the cops.

#9 fchowd0311, Feb 11, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

SMDH

Rocket River

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

view of the other side

note also this statement: ‘As troopers continued to negotiate with Hall regarding the incident, Hall became uncooperative and retrieved the firearm and began walking towards the troopers.

I didn't see him moving forward

Christian Hall shot dead by Pennsylvania troopers after pointing gun (scallywagandvagabond.com)

[​IMG]

Xerobull and rockbox like this.
  12. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

No BLM protest. then it is all good.

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Thanks for an actual link to the story.

Underscores the need for community psych officers in every police department, or at least psych training.

Six months of cop school and these jokers can go out and blast anyone.

DVauthrin and NotInMyHouse like this.
  14. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Having a white sounding name wasn't enough. You gotta look the part too.

Sanctity likes this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So are you upset at the media or the cops?

I think this should be as reported as anything else and BLM does a disservice to all that they do not protest any of these shootings but lets direct the outrage to the people doing the wrong.

King1 and Rock Block like this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That looks pretty disturbing but from the video is pretty grainy and I can't hear a gun shot in it. I definitely think there needs to be an investigation and body cam footage should be released.

17. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

If you watch the video at that link, you can clearly see the gun in his hand. I don't know why that angle doesn't show the time at which he is shot. As I say, I would wait for the body cam before making a judgment. I don't know if he was walking forward before the long distance video started and that is the walking the officer was referring to. It may be he was wrongfully killed, it may turn out the other way. I don't think there has yet been presented sufficient evidence to decide with certainty either way. Were I a juror and the officer who shot was being tried, the officer's statement and the two videos I have now seen are insufficient to convict.

rocketsjudoka and Amiga like this.
  18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Cops rarely if ever get convicted even with air tight evidence so that doesn't mean anything.

19. Buck Turgidson

This was a large part of the point of the "defund the police" concept.

eta: by that I mean having trained personnel to de-escalate mental health situations without (or with minimal) violence. Sometimes violence is unavoidable, and I feel sorry for everyone involved.

This looks like "suicide by cop" to me, but I haven't watched the videos that closely.

#19 Buck Turgidson, Feb 13, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    Xerobull likes this.
  20. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Man, even if white, it's not advisable to call the police if someone is having a mental health breakdown. The majority just do not know how to handle or deal with people in that situation it seems(hence the defund the police-more funds allocated to mental health training/trained personnel to help de-escalate). And that's the ridiculous thing that does who hid behind "blue lives matter" (before being exposed on Jan. 6th) ignored. The same **** is happening to white people but rather than join in solidarity as one to try to rectify such situations and figure out how to best help reduce such situations, they'd rather ignore it(or engage in whatboutism) until they see BLM protests and then get up in arms about people of color protesting unnecessary police force. Craziness.

DVauthrin and NotInMyHouse like this.