1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Contract talks not going well with Bibby

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by A-Train, Aug 9, 2002.

Tags:
  1. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

2. Stylez

Stylez Member

If he would just leave for an Eastern Conf. team that would be great. Unfortunately I think the Maloof's will come to their senses and just pay him. He's a west coast kid so he wants to stay there and the Maloofs are rich beyond rich so they don't have to worry about the lux. tax if they don't want to. Bibby is the only player on their team who isn't scared to take the big shots so they'll pony up the doe. They really have little choice.

3. aznlincolnpark

I think bibby should be the team leader for the kings. :p
    It will be a big lost for the kings, if they can't give him a long contract.:eek:

4. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

I doubt he goes anywhere.

Kings are just toying around trying to get Bibby to sign under the max. We shall see how long Bibby's patience is. Evenutaully he should sign.

5. Stevie Francis

man if the kings don't get him, the west will be a lot more predictable

6. OverRRated

OverRRated Member

Leave the Kings and go to the east coast.

Kings == 4th quarter panzies.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The East = 4 quarters of "panzies".

8. tozai

tozai Member

Bibby does not deserve a MAX deal

9. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

i agree. but please dont press me for explanations, i'm too lazy.

10. OverRRated

OverRRated Member

I know he doesn't deserve the max, the majority of players asking or getting it now sure don't, but Webber being stupidly overpaid sure as hell won't help the Kings' case in not giving him the max.

11. haven

haven Member

Bibby is a decent PG. Maybe good. Not even very good, though.

He played like a slightly-above-average PG his entire career, including this year. Then he played great during a single playoff series. And suddenly he's a max player.

The Maloof's aren't cheap, they're smart.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The problem here is, I think, that Beezelbub is Bibby's agent. "Don't sign that contract, I can get you more," says David Falk. "I can falk any team blind." I know Falk is just doing his job, but Falk and his ilk have done it so well over the years that every guy who ever made a clutch shot in any game thinks he deserves the max.

Bibby sacked up in the playoffs (something Webber will never do), but his regular season stats bring down the max-contract value a bit. The Maloofs are being very fair.