1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Conservative attacked by Far Left Lunatic

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dachuda86, Feb 22, 2019.

1. biff17

biff17 Member

You have got to be kidding?

How was any of that aggressive?

Talk about snowflakes.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. biff17

biff17 Member

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  4. TheresTheDagger

If EVER there was a group of people deserving of being trolled, its the D&D crowd.

BruceAndre and dachuda86 like this.
  5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

He is pointing out what many are doing in this thread to yours truly and himself. Not even sure how you interpret his post as trolling unless you haven't read the other posts in here.

Some posters have just constantly said "Hey why don't you condemn Trump for X?" in a thread not even about Trump. One poster was following me around with the same video of Trump allegedly promoting violence acoss multiple threads. Pathetic really.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

So truthy, QAnoners think it's Fed by the Agency, aka Deep State, aka Central intelligence Agency, aka Soros, aka bilderburgs.

7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The problem is he is a nobody. Not famous enough. If he was joe the plumber, I think there would be a frenzy of media attention. If media attention is what most important to you here, blame the victim for not being popular enough.

In my book, i believe that the more these incidents are amplified by the media and social media, the more people feel outrage, victimized in a disproportionate way to reality of how often these incidents occur.

Want to feel bad? Attend to social media often.

8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Did the attacker get the key to the city yet? He landed some good blows. 85% chance he is affiliated with antifa.

dachuda86 and BruceAndre like this.
  9. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

I agree with your post, and the thing on the Berkeley campus is horrible and needs to be exposed; and the assaulter charged with a crime.

But the MAGA guy should have/could have been smarter. If you're a conservative Berkeley student, just keep your head down, get your degree, and get out of there.

PS, glad to see you're enjoying Tim Pool. He's probably my favorite podcaster right about now.

#109 BruceAndre, Feb 23, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    dachuda86 likes this.
  10. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

I think the situation is a lot more complex than you're making it. To my understanding, the whole thing started with a white pride/white nationalism group.

Then, the KKK elements joined in.

Then, the leftists came in and conflict erupted. Trump recognized the complexity of this situation with this statement.

So, the question is: is there anything inherently wrong with an alt right/white pride group? If every other ethnicity can play the group identity politics game, why can't whites? Especially as they actually become the minority in some places?

11. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

They brought that on themselves by defying him on illegal immigration.

12. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Biff17 usually misses the point.

dachuda86 likes this.
  13. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

When did Trump ever advocate violence? The only time I can think of when is when he said cops should "bop" the heads of those arrested against the hood of the police car -- and that was lamentable. But he was advocating that -the police- be violent, in that case.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[ ] Likely
    [√] Unlikely

Nook and robbie380 like this.
  15. cml750

cml750 Member

I have no problem with Californians moving here as long as they remember why they had to move here and vote accordingly.

dachuda86 and jcf like this.
  16. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

This story is literally the 4th leading headline on CNN website right now and all I see is people like Trump Jr moaning about “where’s the coverage?!”

It is above stories about Putin, Trump, Mueller, and the Coast guard murder plot.

Someone got punched let’s make national news out of it.

#116 across110thstreet, Feb 23, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  17. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

At least that racist smollet story is going away. I am tired of hearing about it.

18. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Will vote blue in Texas in 2020 upon my return, to be closer to family.

Thanks for your support!

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, there is something wrong with a White Pride group. There is nothing wrong with Irish pride or other groups like that. Whites can have white pride groups and march, but there is something wrong with it and people that do it aren't exhibiting the behavior of fine people.

Other ethnic groups are not exhibiting negative behavior with their pride groups and celebrations because it recognizes that despite the power structure (composed of whites) oppressing and discriminating against an ethnic group, that groups has still made significant contributions.

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

California isn't doing so awful. California receives less financial aid from the Federal government than Texas, has a budget surplus, and a strong economy. It has problems like every state does for sure, but it isn't like it is bankrupt and broken.

No Worries likes this.