1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Conservative attacked by Far Left Lunatic

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dachuda86, Feb 22, 2019.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They were chanting antisemitic songs, and Trump said there were some fine people there after one of the racists at the rally murdered someone with their car and injured others.

2. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Yeah, that’s why I had to leave Austin a couple years ago. It was terrifying. I’ve been considering returning soon for a weekend trip with my 5 year old daughter, but I’m not sure it’s worth the risk.

3. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2...n-shoved-and-abused-at-trump-rally-in-el-paso

BBC cameraman shoved and abused at Trump rally in El Paso

BBC spokeswoman said Ron Skeans was ‘violently pushed’ in ‘unacceptable’ attack

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...y-black-man-sucker-punch-north-carolina-video
    Trump supporter sucker-punches black protester at rally

A Donald Trump supporter has been charged with assault and disorderly conduct after he was caught on video punching a protester at a rally.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/back-trump-comments-perceived-encouraging-violence/story?id=48415766
    President Donald Trump on Thursday praised a congressman’s past assault on a reporter, making it the latest example where he appears to encourage or support violence.

In the latest instance, Trump referenced Rep. Greg Gianforte’s 2017 attack on a reporter by saying that “any guy who can do a body slam, he is my type!”

"If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously, OK? Just knock the hell ... I promise you I will pay for the legal fees. I promise, I promise," he said on Feb. 1, 2016.

At a Las Vegas rally later that month, he said security guards were too gentle with a protester. "He's walking out with big high-fives, smiling, laughing," Trump said. "I'd like to punch him in the face, I'll tell you."

A similar situation unfolded at a rally that month in Warren, Michigan.

"Get him out," he said of a protester. "Try not to hurt him. If you do, I'll defend you in court. Don't worry about it."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...-custody-allegedly-sending-pipe-bombs-n924856
    Pipe bomb suspect Cesar Sayoc is a registered Republican and a Trump fan with a criminal record

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/20/politics/coast-guard-mass-killing-hit-list/index.html
    Coast Guard officer accused of wanting to kill Democrats and journalists was inspired by Norwegian mass shooting, feds say

"very fine people"...
    [​IMG]

Nook and dmoneybangbang like this.
  4. jo mama

yes, and your god trump said they were "very fine people".

lol...you started this thread to show video of one guy punching another and then you post this?

do you think you were being "real productive" when you started this thread?

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I've been stating this multiple times about this poster. He's done this multiple times already such as asking for an example of how Trump is racist, and a poster obliges his request and follows with him calling the poster who obliged his request a lunatic.

He isn't a sincere poster and it's best just to ignore him at this point .

Harrisment, No Worries and jo mama like this.
  6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Every action has an equal but opposite reaction. Trumpism and the rise of White Nationalism out of the shadows is having, and will continue to have reactions.

I think a punch in the face every few months at a heated protest at a Berkley rally, and a chuckle at the HEB in Austin when wearing a MAGA hat are pretty mild reactions in the grand scope what COULD be the reaction to Trumpism.

Within my own "Libtard" circles, I'll do my part to make sure none of these teachers, graphic artists, and marketing directors I know, do NOT become violent.

Okay... deal?

I personally think I need more advice on how to deal with my friends on the other side of the isle who have been stockpiling weapons for years. Yes.... I know ALOT of gun nuts. Please tell me what to do with both my teacher friends who might laugh at you at HEB, and tell me what I should do to be nice to my gun nut friends with an arsenal of assault rifles and post on essentially white nationalist facebook groups all damn day.

7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

How did any of the examples prove racism on Trump's part?

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  8. jo mama

lol...that was me...yesterday.

he is easily the most uninformed, dishonest poster on this board, but its fun to shut his b.s. down.

Harrisment and fchowd0311 like this.
  9. fchowd0311

Have to deal with the same bullshit. Most of my former peers I served with are now in Facebook constantly posting their tricked out AR-15 followed by a post about the bell curve and how white identity is being lost .

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Anecdote post = trash tier

11. jo mama

all of the examples i posted prove racism on trumps part. the threadstarter asked me for examples of trump being racist and i gave him 12 and then instead of discussing the content of my post he called me a racist and a lunatic.

1) saying that an american-born federal judge cant do their job properly b/c of their ethnicity is the definition of racism.
    2) calling mexican immigrants rapists and drug dealers is racist.
    3) saying neo-nazis who chant "jews will not replace us" are "very fine people"
    4) calling for death penalty for central park 5, even after they were exonerated
    5) calling for a ban of muslims entering the united states
    6) attacking a gold star mother and saying that she was not allowed to speak b/c she was muslim
    7) discriminatory housing practices in his properties.
    8) making a slur about native americans right to the face of a native american WWII vet.
    9) birtherism
    10) "We've just seen many, many crimes getting worse all the time, and as Maine knows — a major destination for Somali refugees — right, am I right?" - August 2016
    11) "the overwhelming amount of violent crime in our cities is committed by blacks and Hispanics,"
    12) falsely claimed that 81% of murders against whites are committed by blacks

MAGA gear triggers crazy anti-Trumper

No Worries likes this.
  12. fchowd0311

I guess I'll ask. What do you define as a racist act? What would someone have to do for you to have suspicion that they are "racist"?

I'm just tired of talking past each other in the D&D. Maybe having clearly defined definitions would help having a legitimate conversation.

Invisible Fan and jo mama like this.
  13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I mean seriously.... Please Dach, or Astrodome. Tell me how I deal with self policing this group of friends I have vs. the others. We (at least most here) live in Texas where we have these two buckets of personality intermingling every day, and mostly getting along. You guys on the right have no idea how close I am to your reality and how well I know you guys.

However... what I do or how I'm concerned about the society I live in on a daily basis has no basis of reality compared to what you see in an online thread like this from folks on that side.

Lets just be real here.... My teacher friends are not a potential danger to society. At least as it relates to political violence. Yes teachers do bad things too. My gun nut friends though (who I love and care about honestly) I seriously worry about. I see them on their phones on their facebook group pages, and even see some insane stuff they post. They are obsessed with white nationalist tropes & online propaganda essentially, and violence. That's not healthy even though I live and love these people in my everyday life. They are good friends and family TO ME.

Please... Dach, Astrodome, etc., please tell me I'm wrong, and I should be concerned with my friend the graphic artist who wears his Beto shirt to the bar, and hasn't owned a gun in his life, or the teachers I go to happy hour with who just b**** nonstop about their kids parents.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  14. fchowd0311

I think people like Dach and Astrodome ironically live in a more left wing bubble their entire lives that they are blind to the racist Midwestern militia movements. This expands to people like Milo and Ben Shapiro who probably don't interact with these people and thus dismiss claims of rising white supremacist rhetoric.

Serving as a Marine grunt, your eyes become wide open to the sheer amount of right wing racism that is rife in this country.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Well said? What bullsh!t. The paranoia you guys surround yourselves with would be funny if it weren't so dangerous. I've lived here since 1980 and my advice to "stay safe" would be to avoid I-35.

Harrisment and Invisible Fan like this.
  16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Nowadays anything anybody does is strictly because they voted for Trump or because they didn't.

17. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Why do you guys watch these stupid ass videos on either side? I mean is anyone arguing there aren't lunatics or extremists on either side? The only thing these videos do is further validate the hatred you hold for the other side.

Nook, Roc Paint, Amiga and 4 others like this.
  18. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Because rage is a drug and some people are addicts.

Invisible Fan, R0ckets03 and Deckard like this.
  19. fchowd0311

This is why anecdotes are useless. You can use anecdotes to support any argument you want. It's what Trump does well to his credit. He uses his rallies as glorified police blotters listing out crimes committed by Muslims and brown people to rile up the jingoist juices of his rabid fans. It helps pump up voter turnout for his base.

Statistics is the best we have for an objective metric. According to the CATO institute (a libertarian organization), since 1992, 998 injuries occured from right wing attacks and 46 injuries from left wing attacks.

https://www.cato.org/blog/terrorism-deaths-ideology-charlottesville-anomaly

#39 fchowd0311, Feb 22, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    Deckard, JayGoogle and R0ckets03 like this.
  20. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

It's well understood that when right wingers get violent they attack people, and when left wingers get violent they attack property.

OK, maybe not well understood around here at least.

fchowd0311 likes this.