1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Connecting the Trump-Russia Dots

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Mar 8, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

You mean you guys aren't getting paid for this? Oops... mums the word.

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Or other unlawful agreements.

This is an example of a poor job. Didn't seem to matter to a segment of the population, so why not continue the lies, and change the story when caught.

[​IMG]

NewRoxFan likes this.
  3. NewRoxFan

A week or so ago I mentioned rumors that there were tapes of the meeting. More behind that rumor (btw, Mensch is a former British MP):

REPORT: Trump Jr.’s Russia Meeting Was Recorded by Intelligence Agency
    http://ir.net/news/politics/126123/report-trump-jr-s-russia-meeting-recorded-intelligence-agency/

krnxsnoopy likes this.
  4. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Whether there was collusion or not..... *In a typical Trumpfan voice* LOL. I mean of course there was intent to collude by both sides (Russia and Trump's son) :rolleyes:

I still would like to hear this recording. I'm sure it's all Kosher and they talked about adoptions. LOL

[​IMG]

5. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

The last comment by Trump basically confirms Trump knew about the meeting. He's basically justifying it as "Political Opposition Research".

"Hey, I did nothing wrong! It's politics!"

6. NewRoxFan

Especially if anyone called into the meeting...

7. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mensch isn't a reliable source and posting stories from her only adds fuel to the fire of denial.

JeffB and B-Bob like this.
  8. conquistador#11

I don't even Netflix anymore.

MexAmercnMoose likes this.
  9. NewRoxFan

I reckon we will find out, perhaps soon, perhaps during the investigation report. But she was early with the larger number of people in the room.

10. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd rather be wrong about her later on than banking my hopes on her current throw-theories-against-the-wall-and-see-what-sticks-later strategy.

JeffB, B-Bob, NewRoxFan and 1 other person like this.
  11. NewRoxFan

Perhaps a good and safe approach. There are sure a lot of interesting rumors out there, that's for sure. Like one reporting the Trump family members under legal surveillance (and not federal)...

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, folks, if we aren't supposed to post from Bleacher Report, it's a good idea to avoid Louise Menses.

Only news as this point seem so be surreal WSJ editorial call for Trump transparency.
    Like, when has Two Scoops or anyone in his family been fully transparent about anything? Maybe on an African hunting safari, or on a given episode of the Apprentice?

13. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Have you ever searched your image on google?

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

No need. I know who I am. I'm so old that I invented the idea of the cell phone.

I. like. big. phonesandIcannotlie.

CometsWin likes this.
  15. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Trump Voters Don't Believe Don Jr. Met Russian Lawyer

No Worries likes this.
  16. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

No Worries likes this.
  17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

What else could it be?

Human and drug trafficking? Bribes? Illicit weapons deals? Rare exotic animals with fur that looks like cheap golden hair?

People around me are asking, "What are they hiding? Why are they being open about this??"

18. NewRoxFan

Trump was right... his supporters would support him even if he had "stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody" and not "lose any voters."

Only 45% of Trump voters believe Donald Jr. met with a Russian lawyer, even though he admitted to it
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDailyNewsTw

No Worries likes this.
  19. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump, Putin had second, undisclosed talk at G-20
    http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-held-second-informal-meeting-during-g-20?amp

President Trump held a second, informal talk with Russian President Vladimir Putin on the sidelines of the Group of 20 (G-20) summit in Hamburg, Germany, earlier this month, the White House confirmed Tuesday.

Press secretary Sean Spicer confirmed Trump and Putin spoke at the G-20 heads of state dinner, hours after their formal bilateral sit-down.

According to Tuesday reports, in their second conversation, Trump spoke with the Russian leader for roughly an hour, joined only by Putin's translator. The meeting had previously gone without mention by the administration.

The White House confirmed that Trump and Putin spoke at a dinner for G20 leaders and their spouses. But a White House official appeared to dispute that the discussion lasted an hour, saying the two only spoke "briefly" near the end of the dinner.

"There was no 'second meeting' between President Trump and President Putin, just a brief conversation at the end of a dinner," the official said. "The insinuation that the White House has tried to 'hide' a second meeting is false, malicious and absurd."

The White House said the two men used the Russian translator to converse because the American translator accompanying President Trump spoke Japanese.

Trump arrived at the dinner just after 7 p.m. local time, according to a pool report. He did not depart the dinner venue until a few minutes before midnight.

The dinner was scheduled to last from 8:30 to 10 p.m., according to an official G20 schedule.

The president's interactions with Putin are the subject of particularly intense scrutiny in the U.S., because of the ongoing special counsel and congressional investigations into possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Moscow.

The official said talking with world leaders is part of the president's job.

"It is not merely perfectly normal, it is part of a President's duties, to interact with world leaders. Throughout the G20 and in all his other foreign engagements, President Trump has demonstrated American leadership by representing our interests and values on the world stage," the official said.

That Trump was not joined in the conversation by his own translator is a breach of national security protocol, according to Ian Bremmer, president of the Eurasia Group, though one that the president likely would not know about.

Trump and Putin met for a formal discussion during the G-20 summit - a meeting that was scheduled to last 30 minutes but exceeded two hours.

Bremmer said in an interview with Bloomberg's Charlie Rose that the rapport that Trump established with Putin during the summit is "clearly his best personal relationship" with a G-20 leader.

"Never in my life as a political scientist have I seen two countries - major countries - with a constellation of national interests that are as dissonant, while the two leaders seem to be doing everything possible to make nice and be close to each other," he said.

During the formal meeting, Trump reportedly pressed Putin about Moscow's efforts to meddle in the 2016 election, which the Russian president denied.

20. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The puppet need to get his orders...directly. Putin probably threatened him with something if he doesn't end those sanctions faster.