1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Connecting the Trump-Russia Dots

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Mar 8, 2017.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

3. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Yeah, looking at these articles, it seems hard to say that Manafort was not working for the interests of Russia and their government. If only there was a way to connect him to Trump, though. It's not like he was CHAIRMAN of TRUMP's ELECTION CAMPAIGN or anything.

In all honesty, it's still too early to make a final decision on Manafort, Flynn, or anyone else, but this doesn't look good at all. I look forward to getting all of the evidence looked at and people face the consequences of their actions.

4. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. krnxsnoopy

Makes Trump look bad? FAKE NEWS!!

But if reports of Manafort-Russia is fake, then why say Manafort had a "small role on the campaign"?

Hmmm?

Kind of like how if the NEWS is FAKE. Why complain about the LEAKERS?

Lol...

6. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Looks like Manafort will take one for the boss, will anyone else join him though.

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Interesting look back at a New Yorker Magazine article from August 2016...
    DEUTSCHE BANK’S $10-BILLION SCANDAL
    How a scheme to help Russians secretly funnel money offshore unravelled.
    http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/08/29/deutsche-banks-10-billion-scandal

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

And we're wearing tinfoil hats, don't forget.

Imagine if Hillary were accused of these things. The drumbeat of the right-wing troll-o-sphere (some of whom emerge from under their dank bridges to post here) would be a deafening cacophony. But when you accuse President Alpha Male? MUST BE LYING. FAKE NEWS. SAD!

This isn't a case of "where there's smoke, there's fire". This is more a case of, "OK, there's a fire. We're thinking it's arson. Who set the fire, and who provided the accelerant?"

JeffB and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. NewRoxFan

... and where did I recently see that Deutsche Bank mentioned? Oh yea...

Bank that lent $300m to Trump linked to Russian money laundering scam
    But wait... how does this all relate to Trump?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...trump-linked-to-russian-money-laundering-scam

10. krnxsnoopy

Money laundering for Oligarchs? Basically, President Trump is operating his office as the head of an organized crime group.

11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Also interesting that Trump is such a bad businessman, and has defrauded his loans so many times, that Deutsche Bank are the only ones that ever leant to him after a while. They are currently the only bank that will lend to him.

JeffB likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

This could all well be just circumstantial, and nothing more than a reminder why financial regulations are useful. But at the same time, another dot that could be connected, another string between players, and another puff of smoke.

Speaking of smoke...

Lots of smoke but no fire yet in U.S.-Russia investigation
    http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-pol-fbi-russia-probe-20170321-story.html

13. krnxsnoopy

So potentially sleeping in the same bed (or an in-explainable amount of unfortunate coincidences):

Trump- (Manafort, Flynn, Stone, Carter Page, Tillerson, Sessions, Bannon, etc)
    Deutsche Bank
    Russia- Putin + Oligarchs (Russia Today, Rosneft, Fertilizer company, Bank of Cyprus)
    Wikileaks

Not directly involved, but enabling or looking the other way:
    Fox News
    Mike Pence
    GOP House and Senate Republicans

14. NewRoxFan

You missed "Trump supporters/defenders/voters." Including everyone of D&D that now say they didn't vote for Trump...

joshuaao and JeffB like this.
  15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I would say Fox isn't likely a direct connection, but the fact is it is own and run by Rupert Murdoch & NewsCorp. Murdoch is so close to Trump that Ivanka Trump is listed as a trustee to Murdoch's multi billion dollar empire along with Murdoch's children.

What's Murdoch's connection to Russia & Putin.... well.... that's the bigger question. Keep in mind NewsCorp has been investigated by the FBI in the past for bribery charges, etc. with Russian officials in Moscow before so there is definitely a connection to the entire scandal but so far no direct links. But what does Murdoch want with Trump and Russia... I don't know. I do know that Murdoch wants SkyNews desperately in Europe and his purchase is being held up by issues with Trump & FoxNews here in the states so big question mark here as to what his role is in all of this if any. But we do know that Murdoch and his company have a past with Russia powers. I believe Murdoch actually introduced Putin to one of his girlfriends at one point too.

Its crazy that you have all of these connections around Russia & Putin here in the US with one thing in common... all having a relationship with Donald Trump.

But don't forget about Rupert Murdoch on the sideline. We can't plug him into this particular case yet, but he's a connection we should keep an eye out for. However multi billionaires have a tendency to hide themselves from massive scandals like this. There are some things you can buy your way out of if you are rich enough if you can find a fall guy... I think Trump (being so non-liquid & tied up in debt) will likely fall if this starts pointing towards Russian Billionaire Oligarchs and Murdoch. I think we will see smaller fall guys go first like Flynn, Mannafort, Page, etc. And I hate to be a conspirator and whatnot but how many people connected to the Russians (ambassadors, etc.) have died from unexplained causes (like being thrown out a window & blunt force) over the past few weeks?

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Trump speak his mind. Remember when Trump said, hey Russia, hope you have Clinton's email and pass it on? Well, how do you think that got into his head?

Just saying.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I've said it before, and I'm saying it again. This entire situation with Trump's refusal to release his tax returns (Nixon released his tax returns while under an audit), Trump's repeated lying during the campaign, his repeated lying after the election, and his repeated lying after becoming "president," those he picked for his election crew, for the transition team, and those he's picked to be closest to him in the White House all remind me of Watergate. Watergate, people may remember (not everyone here was a voter back then, like I was, and a news junkie at the time), happened during the '72 election campaign. Those closest to Nixon worked hard to cover it up, breaking laws in the attempt. Information came out in dribs and drabs, both before and after the election. The majority of Americans, for a very long time (including my father. I've mentioned this before), simply didn't believe it. Everyone except Nixon himself, apparently, thought Nixon would win in a landslide. Heck, I think most Democrats believed Nixon would have an easy win. Watergate and the cover up simply didn't make sense. I was convinced before the '72 election that Watergate and the cover up were real, but I was part of a minority of Americans.

Watergate turned out to be real. There was a lot of smoke, and the fire was real. Nixon attempted to use the power of his office to help in the cover up. Nixon failed and our political system worked. It took a while, and after the election, but the truth came out. I happen to continue to have faith in our democratic government and our free press. I think what happened during last year's campaign amounted to a series of criminal events perpetuated by Trump's own people, Russian intelligence, and its surrogates. The jury is out, at least for me, over whether Trump was an active participant, or a puppet. We will have to wait and see. To sum up, I think the 2016 election and its aftermath will turn out to be worse than Watergate, which involved a sitting President and his people, but not a hostile foreign power. That Russia was so deeply involved takes Trumpgate up to another level beyond Watergate. In my humble opinion.

joshuaao, eric.81 and JeffB like this.
  18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Not to really count score of which scandal was worse, but I was aware that Watergate did include the involvement of Nixon actively influencing & extending a war that cost many US lives (Vietnam). I wasn't even born yet so maybe you can shed some light as to how Vietnam played a hand in Nixon's wrong doing.

To be fair, lives aren't necessarily lost here with the Trump scandal that we know of, but there is a major threat of Democracy having a major blemish it might never come back from fully (rise of Nationalism), & global impact (potential weakening of NATO & Russias pursuance of taking back the Baltic States by force).

Both scandals are pretty damn bad (if Trump Russia scandal has truth to it), but for different reasons. Not sure if young folks are aware of the Vietnam connection though so I'd appreciate your remembrance of that part of it.

19. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

We don't even know that Trump is under audit. He's never shown the letter that notifies people they are under audit. Reporters have asked for it. The whole audit thing could be another of Trump's many many lies. He could be under audit, but like you said that doesn't really prevent him from releasing his tax returns.

The bottom line is that Trump has shown he can't be trusted.

20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Leaky

US Officials: Info suggests Trump associates may have coordinated with Russians

One law enforcement official said the information in hand suggests "people connected to the campaign were in contact and it appeared they were giving the thumbs up to release information when it was ready." But other U.S. officials who spoke to CNN say it's premature to draw that inference from the information gathered so far since it's largely circumstantial.