1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Connecting the Trump-Russia Dots

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Mar 8, 2017.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Sessions, Page, and Kushner all lied about meeting the Russians during an election in which the Russians interefered. Trump, by his own comments, fired Comey because of the Russia investigation. Trump, the White House, and McMasters all lied about disclosing confidential information to the Russians. Trump refuses to disclose his tax returns to reveal whether he has financial ties to Russia. All of that is substantiated.

Deckard likes this.
  2. Newlin

Newlin Member

I don't know if Kushner did anything wrong or not. But, that guy looks sneaky as hell. He has shifty eyes. I don't trust people with shifty eyes.

Deckard and B-Bob like this.
  3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

But all of this pales in comparison to Hillary's emails. She skated, so Trump will too.

Deckard likes this.
  4. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

This scandal has gone from:
    • Trump helped Russia hack the DNC
    • to: Trump helped Russia leak DNC info
    • to: Trump helped Russia by dropping US sanctions
    • to: Trump helped Russia by criticizing NATO
    • to: (now) Trump helped Russia defeat ISIS and other terrorist groups

And one of the reoccurring themes is "Trump's tax returns". Oh yes, we would definitely be able to find all the Russian spies through Trump's tax returns, and it most certainly is the reason why Carter and Ford started the "tradition" of releasing tax returns. Isn't it?

It really feels as thought the Trump-Russia narrative is changing every month or so. What will it be next month: Trump helped Russia by dropping the US out of the Paris climate agreement?

cml750 and bigtexxx like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

Straw man.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The problem here is that you are attempting to justify unjustifiable actions because of partisanship. It's like saying that a McDonnald's employee who was murdered for giving incorrect change should have known there would be a reaction. I mean, you short someone 38 cents, of course they are going to stab you in the chest.

Again, put a Democrat in office and your opinion on the issue is completely different while mine would be the same.....so yeah, you are part of the problem.

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

And again you prove that you don't even read my responses and live in your own fantasy narrative to create an enemy.

Its possible to walk and chew gum at the same time. Meaning its possible to think that its both a bad thing that the intelligence community is leaking like a civ, and being able to understand the cause and effect of Trump sh#$ing on the intelligence community for over a year. Nobody is justifying anything. I think we are a far gone from Justice in the world of US politics. There is only the facts, and on the other hand poisoned minds creating their own alternate reality.

Even Trump fans are beyond Justification. They just simply have decided to deflect by their now living by their mission statement that is "The Enemy of My Enemy is My Friend" and because folks like myself are now the enemy to folks like you, what Trump & the right do, no matter what, is aligned to you as long as it is the opposite of what the "Liberals" want.

So go on thinking that I am the problem. Sure it was me, Deckard, Franchise, etc. that forced Trump to disgrace the Wall of Stars, lie about contacts with the Russians, send out the wiretap tweet, publicly ask the Russians to hack Clinton's emails, brag about sexual assault, lie habitually about mundane things like crowd sizes, etc. etc. etc. Its all our fault. No need for Trump to garnish any responsibility whatsoever.

Keep telling yourself whatever you need to do to get by with the hate in your heart you have for your own neighbors walking down the street next to you. I'm sure it will make you a happy fully satisfied individual for the foreseeable future.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Suggesting a cause and effect relationship exists between Trump being a "meanie" and the intelligence agency devolving into an absolute disgrace is short sighted....but I guess I shouldn't expect more than that from some. It's not something that happened overnight. The intelligence community wasn't in a great place one day, then Trump was a meanie causing everything to fall apart. I know why you choose to believe that, but it's kind of sad. The more you double down on partisan nonsense, the more you prove that you are in fact a part of the problem.

9. dobro1229

If you aren't going to actually read, don't respond back. Its "partisan" to believe that if you pick a fight you might actually get punched back? Is it "Partisan" if I say that if you don't breathe under water, you will likely drown? Is it "Partisan" if I say that if you eat McDonalds every day you might get fat? Blaming the "Liberals" is like blaming the Subway down the street for the McDonalds you eat making you fat.

Facts man.... I wish I was a Trump fan so I could just live in my own alternative reality. I guess ignorance really is bliss.

10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

It's become comedy. The liberals don't even realized why they are outraged, as it changes daily. The golden shower and Italy ear bud chapters were especially rich.

11. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

As fchowd would say: nuance.

12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Pretty much it. I've taken more time to look at info sources from ALL sides. Over a period of months, conclusion is that GOP/conservative groups bread-and-butter is spouting DIRECT anti-liberal outrage. Slapping around liberals has overtaken actual conservative core principles.

Also, an unusual need to be an authoritarian STRONG man presense for EVERYTHING. It almost is like all the negative images of guys wanting to join a gang trying to look all "hard" to get some "street" credibility. They'll talk against "thugs" in the community, but their actual lust to act tough looks just like the thugs they talk against lol. (And will project that onto liberals as them being "bullies" the same way) The difference is they are about decisions actually affecting everyone lives, rather than an more insular small section of people.

I dont see how others can't see how its a deliberately perpetuated Team vs Team thing by the influencers of the party. And human values is a separate issue from that. But its obvious its just how people are wired. GOP and news recognized it and exploited it to their advantage

B-Bob likes this.
  13. d2outlet

d2outlet Member

Great job alienating 50% of the population who voted Trump. I guess generalizing an entire group is okay when it makes sense for you to. And no, I didnt vote Trump.

The passive aggressiveness is lol and leaves more to be desired...keep up the ignorance.

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Yes, it is amazing... Trump won, and has so many defenders on this site, yet none, well, except RocketLegend, admit to voting for him. Amazing...

TheFreak likes this.
  15. dobro1229

This is case in point to the notion that a fantasy narrative where "we the Trump voters" are the victim of the big bad "liberals" under any and all circumstances when there is no other way to respond to a counter opinion.

Do you even know what I was talking about or did you just see a response to a Trump friendly and feel as if it was an attack you needed to give your victim seeking response to?

I was talking about the fact that we can walk and chew at the same time. Meaning i am perfectly capable of both thinking the leaks are concerning and am able to comprehend that Trump owns this too because he asked for it by waging war on the intelligence community in a very public fashion.

How the F$&* is that "alienating 50% of the population"?

Shocker that you say you didn't vote for Trump but you are quick to pull the Trump voter victim card. Always the victim and never in a million years would we ever take responsibility or accountability for current events. The GOP/Trump controls all three branches of government, and has a wealth of main stream media sources including the #1 news channel the past 10 years. Stop feeling sorry for yourself, defend your position, and if Trump is in the wrong be a grown up and own up to it.

And if you are going to reply to a comment and least try to read and respond relative to the topic please.

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

17. dobro1229

Dershowitz, one of the defense lawyers for OJ Simpson, has been a Trump critic until about two weeks ago when something changed and he started playing the part of a defense lawyer for the Trump campaign.

I think it's worth listening to his arguments to understand how a Trump official would be defended in the court of law and really digging into the relevant question that is "what are the statutes?"

I think Dershowitz makes a good point too about him thinking "we the public" should have a special commission rather than a special prosecutor because in this scenario ,as it is now a criminal case, we the public might never get the full story to help us make political decisions in the futures, but instead are only going to hear "guilty or not guilty" and not sure we are really going to learn anything in the process that will make us more politically and societally mature.

But yes it's interesting to note the pointed effort Dershowitz has had the past few weeks to essentially represent the Trump campaign on CNN. Would be interested to see what is behind the sudden swap or if he's just trying to prepare us all for what a Trump defense in court would look like... which I do find useful rather than "blah blah fake news ... Obama ... Hillary blah blah".

18. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

dobro's a high school kid - take it easy on him. I think he means well, but he has a lot to learn.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, it's not "partisan" to think that an acceptable response from the intelligence community for Trump being a "meanie" is to betray the country and commit multiple felonies, it's simple minded. Just like it's simple minded to think that an acceptable response to someone short changing you 38 cents is to stab them in the chest. You wouldn't blame the guy who got stabbed in the chest for that irrational action by saying "well what did you expect to happen when you short change someone 38 cents?", and you shouldn't blame Trump for the intelligence community betraying the country for political reasons.

You don't have to be a "Trump fan" to acknowledge this.....but the fact that you think that has to be the case shows that you simply can't see past partisanship which is all too common today. I've certainly never been a fan of Trump but I can acknowledge that the intelligence community betraying the country to try and score political points against a president they don't like is unacceptable and I can acknowledge that since that is what is going on the intelligence community needs to be gutted and many of them need to be thrown in prison so that we can change the culture (that apparently sprung up overnight if you believe some) back to one that wouldn't think betraying the country for partisan reasons is acceptable.

20. dobro1229

When you have nothing left but insults and name calling I think that's a sign you have nothing left.

Deckard likes this.