1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Connecting the Trump-Russia Dots

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Mar 8, 2017.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's not what I want to see. It's fact. I'm not talking about wikileaks right now.

The topic are Trump's folks lying about their contacts with Russians. It is a fact that they lied. There are numerous Trump folks that lied about meetings with Russians. The lies happened. I'm asking you why they would lie?

Like I said, there are plenty of legitimate reasons for a number of these people to have met with the Russians. If there reasons were legit, why would they lie? When I asked you about it, you changed the subject to wikileaks and didn't really answer. I don't know if the narrative about Trump's connections to Russia are true or false. What I do know and these once again are facts is that numerous Trump appointees met with Russians and then lied about those meetings.

Trump himself has lied about his connections with Russia. At first he and Putin liked each other, then they never spoke, then they both respect each other and Putin was complimentary of Trump. Those differing stories have come from Trump's own mouth. So he has lied about it as well.

I'm making it into any kind of narrative, nor am I making things up. All of that is fact. All I'm asking someone who sees no problems with any of it, is why the lies?

As far as the wiretapping of Trump we don't know that even happened. Trump could easily find out and get that information declassified, but has failed to do so.

2. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Sure, that's possible, but that then makes them corrupt. They tried to cover up something which in the case they did nothing wrong is definitely worse than the initial action. So they would be both corrupt and stupid, and still deserve all the scrutiny they get over it.

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

You guys have lost your minds over this Russia stuff.

4. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Would you like to answer the question on why Trump's team keeps lying about meetings with the Russians?

5. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Guys, I have some startling new information to reveal:

[​IMG]

#45 Cohete Rojo, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    cml750 and RocketsLegend like this.
  6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Silliness. Burgers don't lie.

7. adoo

adoo Member

drip, drip, drip; there is more

the FBI are still investigatin unexplained communications between a Trump Organization computer server and Russia’s Alfa Bank, which has ties to President Vladimir Putin. These included 2,700 “look-up” messages to initiate communications.

Internet traffic records show that Alfa Bank servers repeatedly looked up the unique internet
    address of a particular Trump Organization computer server in the United States.​

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/09/polit...-between-russian-bank-and-trump-organization/

8. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

This doesn't really suggest any nefarious activity.

9. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

The over reaching going on here is beyond hilarious. I guess that's all you can do though when your political party has been relegated to regional party status. Thanks Obama!

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

That makes sense, and I suspect its closer to the truth than some sinister plotting going on between Putin and Trump officials.

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I don't know why he lies so much. His name is Donald Trump. That's probably a good reason why. Honestly, they have nothing to lie about with everything that has been presented so far. I'm guessing part of it is this hysteria that has been created and they were trying to hide what looks like minimal contact, but who am I to guess. You should be worrying a hell of a lot more about us doing the dirty work for the Saudis than you should be worried about this fanciful narrative of Trump being a Russian puppet. This **** is as ridiculous as the Repubs pushing Iran as an axis of terror hell bent on taking over the world. Maybe this will become the Democrat Benghazi?

Did you lose it over Tony Podesta's paid lobbying for the Russians? Did you freak out over the "reset" with the Russians? Was it a big deal that the Clinton campaign staff was having communications with the Chinese? Would you be demanding investigations into those connections if she won the election? How did you feel about that Kazak deal a decade ago? What about all the Clinton connections to the Russians? Honestly, they seem to run deeper than the Trump connections. Trump never really had any significant business in Russia. http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/world/2017/01/13/trumps-foreign-network/?utm_term=.30066b254d6e Take a look at some of Trump's major overseas investments. Should we be freaking out over his connections to the UAE?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/28/politics/trump-foreign-businesses/ Check out that map....it's interesting to see one very large controversial country not highlighted.

Anyhow, let me know when Trump changes anything with foreign policy to be even slightly pro Russian. It seems like almost everything he has done has been focused on the domestic side of things. Maybe at some point he will start showing that he is a Russian puppet. That raid in Yemen on behalf of the Saudis and against the Houthi's certainly wasn't pro-Russian.....but we don't need to talk about that. Trump's continued demonization of Iran certainly isn't pro-Russian either. Maybe you can say his pro-Assad stance means he's a Russian puppet. This is a fun game to play...

I guess my main question would be is there anything that would convince you that Donald Trump is not a Russian puppet? Or has this become as much of a fact in your mind as the Rockets wearing red?

bigtexxx likes this.
  12. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Strong, fact based post. Well put.

13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Your post makes it sounds like there is nothing and reaction to the lying is hysteria. No it is not. This isn't normal at all. It's not hysteria. It's the responsible thing to make sure we understand what is going on here. It's irresponsible to shove it under the rug and assumed nothing is going on, when in fact, there is smoke going up everywhere. Maybe you do that with some private individual, but no, we don't do that with someone leading the free world and is the POTUS. That's a risk you do not take lightly.

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Should we go back and read some of your wisdom on this?

15. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Bacon? But they said Obama was Muslim.

16. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

It isn't just Donald lying. It's a number of his people. Now we find out that they lied about rewriting the GOP platform. Initially Trump's folks said that wasn't them and they had nothing to do with that. Now it turns out that they did indeed push that and were the driving force behind the change. I'm not saying he's a Russian puppet. I'm saying we don't know and his folks keep trying to cover stuff up, so that makes it suspicious. It's worth investigating. For the record, I have no idea if Trump is a Russian puppet, or if he is, that he even is aware of that. I have no clue. I certainly hope that he is not a Russian puppet. All I know is that the Russians tried to interfere in our election on his behalf, and the Trump team keeps lying about their meetings and ties to Russia. It's not only worth a look, it necessitates a look. If the investigation digs in, and comes up with nothing, then great.

I liked the idea of reset with Russia, until Putin kept murdering people who were his opposition and invaded their neighbors.

As far as Hillary's contacts with China one huge difference is that China didn't try and undermine the election. There is released proof and evidence that Russia tried to do that. Even Trump now claims the Russians were behind it. It has been proven. That is a huge deal.

17. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

My feeling is there is something going on with Trump administration and the Russians, how deep the tie goes, no one knows for sure. However, I doubt any of this will be proven beyond reasonable doubt, so in the end it will not be water gate II. This does not really matter to most people either for or against Trump, as 90% of the people have pretty much made up their minds about Trump, this only matters to 10% of the population who are not sure about Trump, including some that voted for him, if these people all turn against Trump, he will not be reelected, if they decide he is just fine, we are going to have to deal with circus for eight years.

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Especially if the economy continues to thrive, and the GOP can get Trump to sign any piece of paper they throw his way they will continue to make sure anything nefarious gets buried. What I've been saying is this will ultimately just turn into a series of Netflix documentaries most likely. But still... We can't lose site of where our country is headed & hopefully try and stop it. We are already seeing the deal that Trump has made with the GOP going into action-

-removal of State department (key in spreading Democracy globally)
    -step back from alliances
    -dismantle of intelligence agencies
    -discredited Press (was already on the downward slope starting with financial troubles & digital media last 10 years)
    -and more to come I'm sure

One only needs to recall pre WW history and the rise of Nationalism in Europe to see how "America Alone" will ultimately work out for the United States. It was good for Germany before WW1 It won't be overnight, but over time our major steps in reducing our influence Globally for democracy will reshape the world as we know it. First with Brexit, then Trump, France is looking to be next, and China has always been China. The world is going to be clinging towards two of the oddest players in the game.... Germany and Japan. The two players who were on the other side of the coin last time.

History is crazy man, and has a sense of irony. I can only hope 2018 brings a new House opposition to slow down the Trump train wreck and bring some balance to our Government.

19. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Unfortunately, the voting public in this country is very uninformed, you might be sick of the people on this site with differing opinions, but at least they are well informed. I feel if this country falls into a decline, it will be because of these uninformed voter electing bad leaders.

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yeah coming here actually makes me feel better that even though most people here are from Texas, its a very well informed crowd. Even the Trolls like BigTexx are just being trolls. Its not like they don't have the information. They are just seeking the information that helps their debate points.

And even when you hear from Trump voters that are interviewed now candidly I feel like there has been more information and education coming to hit them in the past 3 months than they have gotten about government in the past 30 years that you are now starting to hear more and more. I mean who had ever heard of the Emoluments Clause before Trump? Maybe this experience will educate and inform enough to really make a difference in the next few years that ultimately makes us a stronger country. Two steps back, and ultimately we take 3 steps forward. But those 2 steps back we've already seen are not good signs IF our country continues down this path.

But there is still major evidence out there to show that people will ultimately look for viewpoints that play to their worldview. Such as the blogs I've seen right wingers post ALOT lately (some blogger named Stephen Crowder is one I've seen a lot) who took some finding regarding fluxuations in glacial forming and receding to be evidence that Global Warming is a hoax and its a conspiracy from the left. There is still a very toxic mindframe that has to get broken or its going to contribute to further supporting the Trump regimes agenda & block potential checks and balances.

So basically I'm optimistic and petrified at the same time.

#60 dobro1229, Mar 10, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2017