1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Concrete proof that the liberals hate the troops

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Oct 20, 2005.

1. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Stevie Franchise faints.

2. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

While I don't think the article consistutes "proof", I do think bigtexx is on to something.

I heard many liberals getting excited about the number of troops killed in Iraq - because it would make Bush look bad. I mean, that's a bit wrong in my opinion.

Additionally, I really do think many liberals have a condescending view of troops. Not Democrats, but I'm talking about those left-wing lunies who don't realize the 60's are over.

3. littlefish_220

Troops don't fail on inadquate quantity; they fail when Comander in Chief sends them to wrong place at wrong time with wrong reasons.

4. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

and without proper equipment

5. RocketMan Tex

Eh, who cares....he plays for frikkin ORLANDO now! :D

6. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Its probably pretty safe to say that a student organization that is pro-gay rights, against military recruiting on campus, against the intervention in Iraq, the DIA and NSA is most likely liberal.

7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

That the liberals voted against...

8. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

that was funny :)

9. RocketMan Tex

...because it wasn't funded, eh Mister Fiscal Conservative? :p

10. littlefish_220

How about this?

Give me approval to invade Iraq, no? You are aginast the U.S. and troops.
    Give me 30,000 more troops, no? You are against troops.
    Give me 200 billions budget for Iraq, no? You are against troops.
    Send U.S. deep in debt, who cares? Mr. Bush's term is over in 2008.

I mean, do you seriously think many people are aganist troops? It doesn't make any sense. They risk their lives to fight for this country, they don't get anything from oil money of Iraq, they do a really tough job for beliefs, courage, and/or a good career opportunity, who will be against them? For what?

Never equal agaisnt the war or against the Bush to against the troops. That is my 2 cents.

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Of course that isn't true. The liberals wanted a bill that would be funded, and not add to the debt. They also wanted a bill with some accountability on how the money was spent.

They didn't get that. Guess how many billions of dollars of tax payer money is now missing and wasted according to the GAO?

The liberals wanted to fund the exact same amount, but do it in a smarter way. The fact that billions of our dollars have gone missing and are wasted shows that the liberals had the right idea.

Why do you keep bringing that up when it looks so bad for your side?

12. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

what is 9 billion dollars, alex.

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's the daily double!

14. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Your logic is like the "links" in your signature, tex, broken and thus never leading to anything of substance.

Congrats on making Trader_Jorge look rational by comparison.

15. jo mama

didnt you know?

they are the same person.

i know its been said, but to point out 40 college kids protesting a miliatry recruitment booth as proof that all liberals hate the troops is pretty stupid (but par for the course w/ trader tex)

i guess i hate my two cousins serving overseas (afghanistan and germany).

one of them is a big time bush supporter (who has never called me unamerican or troop hater for my views) and the other is not. i guess the non-bush supporter hates himself.

16. jo mama

hey big jorge,

were bush and rummy hating the troops when they unsuccessfully tried to cut troop combat pay and stipends for their families in 2003?

or when they tried to cut veterans benefits?

call me crazy, but im more concerned w/ what our elected officials do than a bunch of college kids.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This one works:

Bigtexxx-Alba Homemade Adult Video

[​IMG]

18. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Personally, I like it when the number of deaths in Iraq rise because I want all the troops in the US military (and only the US) to die. Once that happens I will hold a bacchanalia of carnage and shout the praises of liberalism, the ultimate killing machine.

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

:D :D :D

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Trust me... those of us who experienced the '60's realize it's over. I think there are those attempting to recreate something similar, at least in the political sphere, and they are getting it wrong. You cannot recreate a unique circumstance in history. It was there, it happened, and we have moved on.

What is vital for people to understand now is that it is today that matters. It is today's political chaos that one must seize and attempt to influence in a positive way. It is the Bush Administration that has led this country into a nightmare from which we have yet to see an end. Don't look to the past for guidance, look around you and make a difference now. We are in a crisis. Work to defeat the party that has brought this crisis to us. Make a difference. Thirty years from now, history will be examining what you did. They won't be looking to the '60's.

Keep D&D Civil.