1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Compound Bow Recommendations/Advice

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by donkeypunch, Aug 6, 2021.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Anybody have a rec on an adult beginner bow for around $200? I want a new hobby and figured Id give archery a shot. Seems like a good, peaceful one to decompress, relax and focus mentally on something, other than work.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

Can't help much but I would like to congratulate you on Hangout Thread #81,000.

Fred Bear makes good bows, may be more that you're wanting to spend though.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. Jontro

Jontro Member

congrats on 81k breh

4. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Deckard and Xerobull like this.
  5. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

My only advice is don't shoot it straight up in the air.

Deckard likes this.
  6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Hunger Games 2022 contestant?

7. donkeypunch

Damn.... What did I win?

Dont ****ing tell me......
    its a compound bow isnt it.....?!

Buck Turgidson, Deckard and Xerobull like this.
  8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Why not start with a used recurve bow? Check out FB marketplace.

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Go to an archery shop and get fitted. Bows need to fit your body and strength.

10. donkeypunch

Recurve..? You think im gonna be threaded out like Pocahontas or something? I need something thats gonna match my steam punk attire dawg. A recurve bow aint it.

I was looking at some of the specs of compound bows and the good thing about them is the draw length and the pounds of pressure on the string can be adjusted accordingly to user- from 5# to 70# of pressure

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I have no recommendations, but I became fascinated with compound bows a few years ago after watching hunters on YouTube using them for hunting. Which is odd since about the only place I hunt is at the meat and seafood department at the local grocery store. It's crazy how much power those things pack.

I also saw some noobs who had never hunted before making atlatls to hunt bigger game out in the wild. About 8 of them went out together like cavemen and started firing their atlatls at the prey. I can't remember what they were -- maybe deer or something. They successfully killed one despite having no experience before that. It's nuts the stuff mankind came up with to survive.

I wouldn't mind getting a compound bow one day just for fun. Come back and post what you end up getting and why you chose it!