1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Colin Powell to Endorse Obama?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Lil Pun, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I disagree, joe lieberman only crossed party lines because McCain is jewish.

2. Landlord Landry

I always liked Powell.

if he ran against Obama this would be a landslide.

and since everyone feels the need to disclose their race and ethnic background.......I'll share.

I'm white, my father was the first person in our family born in the US. My grandparents are German immigrants, grandmother from Hannover, Grandfather from Braunschweig.......anything else?

This hurts McCain Trader_Jorge.

but if you insist on blaming and pointing fingers and flingin poo, fling it at your own party, the GOP has ****ed tihs election up worse than the DNC did on 04, and just like 04 when Kerry and the DNC handed the election to an easily beatable GW, the GOP has handed the election to Obama.

Obama is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO defeatable, thats what angers me, but the GOP throws out awesome candidates like McCain, Rommney, Guliani, Palin, Fred Thompson, and Ron Paul...... :rolleyes:

but backburner solid candidates like Sam Brownback and Mike Huckabee, you know.....GUYS THAT MIGHT ACTUALLY WIN!

why won't the McCain campaign/supporters focus on some of the QUESTIONABLE endorsers of Obama.........no, lets attack one of the most well respected men with high integrity and intelligence.......

thanks GOP.......maybe you guys secretly wanted Obama to begin with.

3. aghast

aghast Member

4. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh my, that's the funniest thing I've read in a while. Both of these men are fringe candidates at best, appealing to single issue voters (ahem). Brownback dropped out of the Republican primaries before the Iowa caucuses, due to lack of everything. And you consider that they put Huckabee on the back burner? Again, he was appealing to a small segment of the population (although it did include Chuck Norris), but he came in second to John McCain during the Republican primaries! He won Iowa! Mitt Romney, Rudy, Fred Thompson, et. all dropped out of the race before Huckabee.

5. Landlord Landry

seriously, even if Powell said outright....."this is about race, I'm supporting Barack because he's black"

I wouldn't care, and I don't think many swing voters would either. Besides, how many swing voters are left? Seven........Eight?......NINE?

6. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

So how many white liberal politicians has Powell endorsed?

Are any of you here to say that race had 0% impact on Powell's endorsement? That's absurd. What some of you call racist is simply identifying the elephant in the room. It's pointing out the obvious.

Faux outrage and cries of racism don't change the obvious.

7. Landlord Landry

money. the answer to 99 out of 100 questions.

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I can imagine the Drudge headline:

Colin Powell is Black again.

****DEVELOPING*****

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If Colin Powell was voting for Obama because of race, why would he have been a Republican all this time?

Race doesn't seem to be much of a factor at all in his thinking.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

You are obviously what we think you are.

Rocket River

11. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Sizzle Chest, you've been in San Francisco too long. What you call 'dividing us' is what I call 'identifying the key influences in Obama's life'. A politician's influences and principles are important when you are dealing an individual, such as Obama, who has changed his position on so many issues and has a short record and thin resume. You must know who influenced him. Jeremiah Wright was his spiritual mentor. He hates America and is a racist. Bill Ayers launched his political career by taking him under his wing and advancing him in Chicago social circles. He is a former terrorist and unrepentant. ACORN is a group that Obama has done work for and largely reprensents his get out the vote effort. They are fraudulent, felonious, and incredibly biased towards him. Tony Rezko is another political handler who launched Obama's career and raised money for him. He is a convicted felon. Raila Odinga is family and a man who supports the imposition of Shariah law and violence against political opponents. Obama has collaborated with him on his campaign. These influences matter when you are dealing with the most powerful office in the world. They matter, and you can't suppress them with your San Francisco-influenced feelings of guilt.

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Translation:

Race card race card race card race card, and furthemore, race card race card race card.

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

14. ROCKET RICH NYC

ROCKET RICH NYC Contributing Member

This was done more to help clean up Colin Powell's image especially within the Black Community than it was designed to help Obama garner more votes. Powell has been trying to clean up his image for years now and this looks like the perfect opportunity to do so. However, if he wanted to REALLY help out Obama, he should've announced this earlier - let's say after the RNC. That would've deflated ANY momentum McCain got.

15. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

16. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Why does Colin have to clean up his image in the black community? Before you answer remember...I am in the black community.

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I am guilt free -- sorry to disappoint you.

If anything, San Francisco has pushed me much closer to the center than I was when I lived in Houston. San Francisco has brought out my inner gun rack, if anything. I now find myself sending money to the campaign of a man who supports school vouchers and government funding of faith-based initiatives, while he stands against single-payer healthcare, gun control, and gay marriage.

What motivates me is the intense desire to see this nation be great again. The first step is moving away from the Rove/Limbaugh/your-other-overlords' manifesto. It is not okay to win-at-all-costs by continually driving wedges in the fabric of our society. The manifesto is short-sighted, self-centered, and dead-ended.

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

That's a losing argument against Trader. Bill Clinton is a democrat and Colin Powell went on his **** list as of 9 AM this morning.

19. Landlord Landry

20. aghast

aghast Member

Close enough .

Right now, the lead headline, linking back to MSNBC's write-up, is:

POWELL FOR OBAMA: IT'S NOT ABOUT RACE.

'Cause, that's the most important aspect of his decision, and the first thing one would assume, you know.