1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Colin Kaepernick protests anthem due to treatment of minorities

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BleedRocketsRed, Aug 27, 2016.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

No doubt there's collusion,question is how they prove it. Should be interesting. He'll never get a job now though, not that it matters because he should've recieved one already.

CallMeTheDream and amaru like this.
  2. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

NFL stands for "Not For Long". Kaepernick is just not good enough to be a starter anymore and no team is going to do a complete overhaul of their offense to accomodate the narrow skillset of a has-been, second-string quarterback like Colin Kaepernick.

Go ahead and play the race card, or the conspiracy card, or the entitled victim card if that is all you have got. In any case, Kaepernick is likely done unless he wants to go play up in Canada, or Arena football.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

He's playing the collusion card. You're a Trump shill though so you go on killer.

It's laughable to suggest he's not easily one of the 60 best quarterbacks alive. Laughable.

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He had nothing to lose. I mean Brian wheedan got a job before him. If a judge let's him and do Discovery I wonder what dirt he will find. It's going to hard to win his case.

5. amaru

amaru Member

I think it’s pretty obvious what’s going on. It will be near impossible to prove.

6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I think NFL teams just find Kaepernick more of a distraction than he's worth. I don't think teams are actively colluding against him.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In the NFL you can suck or you can be a distraction and still have a job....but you can't be both and still have a job.

I don't think it's active collusion, I think Kaepernick has just made himself that bad of a product.

8. Nook

Nook Member

Yes. There is no doubt that NFL teams have individually decided not to go near him. The question is did the each individually reach that conclusion or was it in some way orchestrated.

It is very hard to prove but it is possible, especially with so many whistle blowers. It only takes one person that feels that CK has been railroaded in a position of authority to blow the whole thing open.

One would think that the NFL would be smart enough to not have direct conversations or anything in writing, but I wouldn't assume that is true.

People roll their eyes at the prospect of collusion, but it happened to Tim Raines nearly 40 years ago and it isn't that conspiratorial to think it is still possible now.

Honestly CK wins either way. He is bringing more attention to the issue and forcing the NFL to face it head on.

The attorney CK has hired is one of the 5-10 best in the USA for this type of issue, possibly one of the 2-3 best.

CallMeTheDream and amaru like this.
  9. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Ravens almost gave him an interview but his girlfriend insulted the owner.
    Seahawks wanted to sign him but he asked for too much money for a backup.
    Miami was interested but he defended Castro.

He's had interest, but he's not doing himself any favors. Every move he has made is textbook career suicide.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yeah not buying into collusion. There have been at least two teams that came close to signing him or at least expressed strong interest.

Hell even Elway had interest in him.

I absolutely believe there are teams who won’t sign him because of his activism and others who just don’t want the distraction, but that doesn’t mean they are colluding together against him.

sugrlndkid, pgabriel and MojoMan like this.
  11. CallMeTheDream

Kaep would be the perfect backup to Watson. We could keep the exact same playbook, in contrast of what we have to do with Savage.

12. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I'm going to disagree. I think Kaepernick is good enough for at least a roster spot but is he worth the distraction and controversy that will surround him? 32 NFL owners don't think so.

13. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

exactly. I have no doubt he would be with a team if he didn't take a knee last year.

14. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I'll never watch or go to an another Texans game if they sign him.

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

If you're over 18 years old and believe that powerful people have to talk to each other directly to almost simultaneously do what is financially best for each of them, then forget CK > you have no idea what is going on in your country/economy as a whole.

Severe Rockets Fan likes this.
  16. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I don’t see how anyone can think they’re “colluding”. He’s too much of a pain to have on a team, and although he’s not a completely terrible QB, he’s certainly not great. Hell, look at the controversy he’s created any he’s not even in the league anymore. No owner wants that heat on their team or in their locker room. The colluding implication seems tin foil hat-ish. Owners have better things to do then sit around like crackling old women and talk about how to keep the black man down. At least one would hope so...

17. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Stop muddying the waters using the word collusion. The only collusion that happened is Donnie Moscow with Putin.

18. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

His drama isn't worth being a fringe best 60 quarterback alive. Like that chick you wouldn't mind banging but her drama isn't worth it anymore.

MojoMan likes this.
  19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Of course he's one of the top 60 QBs. There are a lot of junky QBs in the NFL as backups and even starters. The Ravens and the Seahawks both deeply explored signing him and then backed away with allegedly being a financial reason in Seattle (he wanted too much money). He started the offseason wanting a significant contract and wanted to be a starter. It's a lot harder to get signed as a backup once everyone has been to camp and preseason. Teams want their backup QB to know the playbook.

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Imo, the onus is on petty fans who think they deserve a high horse not to be irked by a knee bend during a tax payer funded recruitment drive pregame show.