1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Colin Cowherd] "I don't trust Houston"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pandaemonaeon, Apr 24, 2018.

1. thirdengine

thirdengine Member

It feel like he brilliantly came up with the word "manalytics" and wanted a reason to say it a dozen times

2. Artestsuckskobe

I dare him to tell pj Tucker that he is not a “man”

topfive likes this.
  3. vince

vince Member

People like these talking heads because they add a layer beyond analytical analysis. They delve into the irrational mind. They spew non sensible dribble, and people pay attention. It riles fans more than it eases them; even when the clear logic is there....

There will be only one championship awarded each season, meaning there is a lot of frustration in an emotional fan. And their comfort is the irrational “know-it-all’s” in their TV....

The drama is real, and that’s what draws the ratings...

noxiousdog and tmoney1101 like this.
  4. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Cowherd is a clown.

I'll say this - we are still unproven. Regular season success can predict playoff success but there are way too many examples of "regular season champions" who failed in the dance. Most recently, the 73-win Warriors. Before than the 60-win Suns and the 67-win Mavericks.

What this means is that we are just as unproven as anyone else. Golden State gets the benefit of the doubt because they've done it before. We don't get that benefit. So be it.

This team, at it's best, can beat anybody. That much is clear. Now it's up to the guys on the court to bring the best version of this Rockets team - that we've seen only for a couple of quarters so far - and silence all the haters.

It can be done. But it's far from a certain thing. I think it's OK to accept the ambiguity of our situation and still be optimistic.

Roomba, topfive and noppeper like this.
  5. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

Let me start by saying, I like Cowherd for a few reasons; he doesn't back down from what he says, he mans up when he's wrong, and he gets a lot of things right... all this compared to most pundits, and I'll take Cowherd any day.

BUT HOLY **** was he off on most of what he said in this segment! some of his comments made me want to throw up lol. I understand the distrust and concern, but David West, Draymond Green, fukin ZAZA?! Wtf are you on today, breh? And this dude needs to stop reading his opinions off some sheet of paper. If they're your opinions you don't need to read them.

#negativevibes leaking your way Cowherd ;)

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Louka has spoken. RIP Colin Blowhard

7. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Bill Simmons’ take and opinion on Cowherd is spot on.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

and I 100% trust that if ZaZa PaCHEAPshot tries to take out HArden or CP3
    Gerald will 100% punch the **** out of that MFer and Take him all the way down HARD
    MAN STYLE!!!

Rocket River

vlaurelio and Louka like this.
  9. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

He's entitled to his opinion. We haven't proven anything yet. Let's prove the world wrong. It is like calling a man an idiot because he doesn't think cookies'n cream is a legit delicious icecream flavor. We all have opinions.

Louka likes this.
  10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

What really bothers me is he really mentioned Zaza Pachulia. Is he really promoting cheap fouls that can injure another player? I agree that in the playoffs we need dogs but the league really needs to do something about the Bowens and Pachulia's of this league.

vlaurelio and Louka like this.
  11. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

exactly. I'm absolutely mystified that anyone could give Zaza anything remotely close to a compliment. It's pure insanity.

12. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

This would matter if Cowherd weren't a blowhard idiot not worth paying attention to in the slightest.

13. Rokman

Rokman Member

Because he works for them. He created an account to push their bull$hit and help get more clicks. Just don't open the link and you won't help them.

rockets1995 likes this.
  14. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I watch for the marriage/divorce and job metaphors

15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Only thing worth watching on that pathetic show is the cute blonde.

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  16. Marteen

Marteen Member

Unpopular opinion, but I like doubters. It helps calm the homer in me and thinking about the Finals very early.

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

What you talking about man?

Who the F is Chips Kelly? Is it this similar to the taco stand trailer concept of Taco Julio where tacos are sold by Julio? Except that it's now Chips and Ducks sold by Kelly?

@Fulgore ???

Fulgore likes this.
  18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

but do you believe that finals is NOT a cakewalk because

we are not dirty enough

OR

we're up against a superteam?

19. Marteen

Marteen Member

Super team.

vlaurelio likes this.
  20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Lmao!!! @FTW Rockets FTW dont forget round 2 vs Utah it's goin' dine!! @Snow Villiers told me he getting the tickets this time. @RasaqBoi @adw @ghettocheeze @Mathrocker