1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans vs Bleacher Report

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by coachbadlee, Jul 9, 2013.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Funny that people would refer to BR(Bleacher Report) as trash, but during the playoffs, we were hearing about BR on damn near every commercial. They were getting loads of national attention.
    Now i am wondering, have we been missing out on something? Why does Clutchfans have so much hate for BR? Where did it start and why has it been allowed to continue.
    I mean, a lot of people don't like Broussard, but that doesn't stop posters from jumping on his every tweet.
    What's the deal with the BR hate? It has to be more than just we don't like what they are reporting. It's almost like it's something personal. This is something that has been going on before i became a member, so i don't get it.
    IMO, we should be reaching out to BR. We should collaborate with them sometimes. You know, that whole keeping your enemies closer thing. They may have good insider info at some point.
    I know many of you will disagree. I also know, that the rest of you(including myself)want to know what's really going on?

Coach

2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

It's not only ClutchFans that hates BR.

3. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Just google 'bleacher report sucks' and you'll see just how many people hate BR. Just about every fan message board out there lol. College sports, pro sports, everything. Probably because their articles are garbage? Have you ever actually read bleacher report? Now that I think about it, you would be a perfect writer for them :)

1 person likes this.
  4. NotChandlerParsons

It's a bad website that is filled with search engine bait. It's just random articles with no information designed to get you to click on ads. "Why <Random Team> should make <Random Roster Move>." It could really be generated by a computer and you wouldn't notice a difference in the quality. They don't break news and there's no reason to go there. The reason you see a bunch of it on TV is because Turner bought it for some reason I can't fathom.

2 people like this.
  5. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

I also think the BR Team Stream, which you are talking about which we heard about during the playoffs is slightly different. I think the app pulls stories about "your team" from across the internet and you can go through them all easily, I do not believe it is only BR generated content. So there's that difference too,

1 person likes this.
  6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This is what got me to thinking.
    When i first came to Clutchfans, i counted on other posters to fill me in on the dos and don'ts. One of the first things i was told was to never post anything from BR. So the whole time i've been a member, i have been avoiding BR.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Me, leave? I would never do that to you.;)

8. NotChandlerParsons

Well go there and read it then. It's just random lists of stuff.

9. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I didn't say you should leave, certainly you can both write for BR and post on CF.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It's possible someone here is already doing that.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It's an article directory designed to rank well in Google. I'm a little surprised it hasn't incurred a Google penalty actually. It's a pretty clever idea but that doesn't mean it's a quality product.

1 person likes this.
  12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Clutchfans is not restricted to Rockets fans, but caters especially to Rockets fans. We're not a totally open group of 'general sports fans' writing with intent to get more clicks. I wouldn't expect national attention.

13. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

The app is decent since it updates on actual news and moves involving the teams you specify, other than that though...trash.

1 person likes this.
  14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Clutchfans is such a great website that's always growing, i could see it expanding into a RealGM type forum in the future.

15. BarreKellyJr

BarreKellyJr Member

Too be honest Clutch fan's has hate for just about anything. I love it here, but some people are just pitiful. But Respect people like Clutch, Coach Badlee, Fair Dukum, Rick Smith, and a few others.

16. LAC

LAC Member

Picking the Rockets to lose 8 out of 10* games when the Rockets were apparently taking off is going to garner some hatred.
    (*8 out of 10 is just the impression BR gave me, not an actual figure.)

Also BR likes to flip flop between the role of LOH and LOF to boost viewership, so it's hit by the wrath of both group.

Ultimately, people shouldn't really hate BR because they are just doing business.

1 person likes this.
  17. Cygnus33

Cygnus33 Rookie

I use the Team Stream app. Not as much now since I use Twitter more, but it's alright. The actual articles from the BR writers though are, for the most part, terrible for a variety of reasons.

1 person likes this.
  18. AirBull

AirBull Member

Bleacher report is great for reading while on the toilet.

19. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Is that why they come up in the top 10 in Google searches ? A lot of companies do that, it's not allowed? :confused:

20. 713

713 Member

Comparing CF to BleacherReport is like debating to go on a date with Kate Upton or Lindsay Lohan.

1 person likes this.