1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/24/2018 (Western Conference Finals, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 23, 2018.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

"Why the Rockets are in the Warriors' heads." - Haberstroh

2. TimRox

TimRox Member

We need a huge game from EG. Splash Gordon splash

bro2044, Hakeemtheking and Rudyc281 like this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Vivi likes this.
  4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

5. JW86

JW86 Member

Haha the whole world is in denial, first sign of depression! Gotta love it how it's supposedly Warriors just not showing up, complacent, beating themselves, though most give a little credit for our 4th quarter defense but that's it (for 90% of the media). Rockets have to win this, it's time to get those threes up, green light is on! I just wish Gerald could have another one of those 6-7 threes like he had against the Warriors during the regular season, just rising up over the other Green, getting fouled and making it. It's time he shows up on offense!

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Anyone saying the Warriors are complacent at this point is just a blathering idiot who doesn't understand what he's watching. We're taking it to them, and that's not going to stop tonight.

Rockets - 108
    Warriors - 96

7. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Clutchfans, game 4 was precisely the type of game and outcome that I'm pretty sure all of us had hoped for. The type of gritty ALL HEART win at Oracle preventing a 3-1 deficit.

That was an incredible feat in my opinion. Couple that with one day of rest in between, I expect the Rockets to keep fighting and take game 5.

hakeem94 and RocketJedi like this.
  8. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

How difficult would you rate game 4 circumstances? I'd give it a 9 (i never give 10s for any rating) because I felt the Rockets would bounce back but I also felt it may not be enough to overcome the Worriers hungry to go up 3-1 in that arena.

Rockets had the courage of a lion and took it. Winning game 4 in that fashion should help the Rockets win this game tonight in my opinion.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Make them continue playing ISO
    Defense, Defense, Defense
    DRebs, DRebs, DRebs
    Early! shot clock engagement
    Give PJ more shots
    ??? Prince ???
    Crowds, Crowds, Crowds

I want more than 3 games more from this Houston Rockets this Playoffs.

Let's roll!

10. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Tonight will be the loudest Toyota Center has ever been.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We need Gordon to continue to step up. He had an impact in the 1st half of game 4 and made a huge dagger 3 with about 2 minutes left in the 4th. Sure, if you just looked at the box score, you'd think he didn't have a good game, but he made important buckets when we needed them badly, and his defense was decent. Eric's capable of a better game tonight. We'll see what happens.

Everyone needs to step up. We shocked the Wankers and their crowd at home in game 4, pulling off a win in the most hard fought contest of the series. It gave us back home court. Let's keep it, guys, OK? The Houston crowd will be crazy tonight. Keep them crazy, Rockets, by playing well from the get go and never letting up. Take the lead in the series and really give the Worrying Wankers and their fans something to worry about.

We can do it. Positive vibes! :cool:

dlite316, Vivi, houston19519 and 4 others like this.
  12. TMackin713

TMackin713 Member

guys...I'm losing my mind. Game 2, I was flying back from Seattle and watched the game after it aired...we won... Game 4, I had a playoff softball game I couldn't miss, watched the game after it aired....we won. I'm free tonight, live in Denver and have found the coolest Houston sports bar and am wondering if I can afford to go watch it versus watching after it airs....We did win the game 3 at Utah when I last watched at this bar...

houston19519 likes this.
  13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Watch it live and think positive vibes! :cool:

houston19519 and TMackin713 like this.
  14. HTM

HTM Member

I’m working won’t be able to watch but I’ll be checking my phone as often as I can

15. TMackin713

TMackin713 Member

Aways positive thoughts for the boys! Thanks man

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The White Mamba looks different.

17. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

I find it funny reading some articles where the warriors are feeling good bc of how poorly they shot in the 4th, but only lost by 3. What about the Rockets? Gordon 4-14, 1-8 from 3 (but 1 very huge one), Tucker 0-4, green 1-4, Capela 2-5..

They all had huge defensive plays, blocks, steals, rebounds, and contributed... but they shot so poorly. Even James’ final shooting numbers werent earth shattering, probably gassed from hustling on both sides of the ball... its like the warriors excuse is that we played great and wow, they didn’t and only lost by 3.. :rolleyes:

18. Fyreball

I'd say it's about as close to a 10 as you can get, considering the circumstances. This Rockets team knows they were assembled for exactly this moment, and every single player on this roster understands there is no tomorrow, there is no next week, there is no next season. This team is full of veterans who have all sacrificed and given everything they have to THIS season, and for some of them, this will be the best opportunity they ever have to win one. I don't see how they don't come out tonight with fire, energy, passion, and resolve. In other words, IT FINNA GO DINE!

19. Fyreball

Watch the game live, and enjoy it brother. Never consider your love and fandom of this team a jinx. Go Rockets!

20. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

WHO is complacent in the conference finals?

That would be ... no one, ever. Even if you are extremely confident, you want to get it over with and into the finals.

hakeem94 likes this.