1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 4/25/2017 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

you guys complained about boring games all year and now all you want for Christmas is a boring game

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

Rockets guard James Harden rolled his ankle in Game 3 of the series against the Thunder. Harden said it's been difficult to get a burst on drives to the basket since he hurt the ankle. "Got some treatment and I'll be ready to go tomorrow," Harden said before Monday's practice. "It's the playoffs, everybody is banged up so you just got to find a way to fight through it and find a way to help your teammates win games. For me, it's not necessarily scoring, I don't have to score a certain amount of points as long as I'm making the right plays and guys are getting shots everybody is in a good rhythm that's all that matters."

[​IMG]Calvin Watkins, ESPN Staff Writer

Vivi, DonKnock and BigMaloe like this.
  3. Fantasma Negro

Side note: Lainie Fritz can get the bizness

DonKnock, hakeem94, BigMaloe and 3 others like this.
  4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Even more incentive to wrap this sucker up tomorrow and get some rest. I don't think the next series would start until next Sunday or Monday since Spurs-Grizzlies won't be done til Thursday at the earliest. That means you could get at least 4 days off if you take care of business in Game 5.

DonKnock, ElDobleK, Fyreball and 3 others like this.
  5. Rockets007

Rockets007 Contributing Member

Game one of the second round will be on Monday, so if rockets take care of business tomorrow they have alot of time to recoup!

DonKnock and Stormy1234 like this.
  6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Good to hear. The Rockets wrapped up their series with Dallas 2 years ago in 5 games on a Tuesday night and were able to rest for 5 days heading into Game 1 against the exhausted and short-handed Clippers.....oh wait.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Vernon MadMax Maxwell giving the pre-game speech is going to be so awesome that I don't have words for it.

DonKnock, hakeem94, htownrox1 and 3 others like this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Thanks for adding to this silly narrative russ.

He has it the wrong way around though, they don't play off that, that comes from the result of them hitting shots. Roberson is not going to be able to do this for example, because no one is that worried about him hitting a 3 pointer.

The reason defenders defend Harden and Lou the way they do is because they are worried about them hitting shots. Other players that could probably draw a ton of these fouls are Curry and Klay. I'd say Westbrook doesn't have as many opportunities for this because you are more worried about him driving and penetrating than him shooting 3s.

You're not going to live with Harden or Lou hitting uncontested 3s. The 3 point FTAs come as a result of just being really skilled perimeter.

DonKnock, hakeem94, Fyreball and 2 others like this.
  9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I'd like to see more hack a Roberson. He is a Rockets inside agent who was sent to OKC for exactly this purpose. Great visionary long term thinking by the Rockets

June 23, 2011: Traded by the Houston Rockets (as a future 2013 1st round draft pick) with Brad Miller, Nikola Mirotic and Chandler Parsons to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Jonny Flynn, Donatas Motiejunas and a 2012 2nd round draft pick (Will Barton was later selected).

June 27, 2013: Drafted by the Minnesota Timberwolves in the 1st round (26th pick) of the 2013 NBA Draft.

June 27, 2013: Traded by the Minnesota Timberwolves with Malcolm Lee to the Golden State Warriors for cash and a 2014 2nd round draft pick (Alessandro Gentile was later selected).

June 27, 2013: Traded by the Golden State Warriors to the Oklahoma City Thunder for Archie Goodwin and cash.

DonKnock, Fyreball, BigMaloe and 3 others like this.
  10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

BigMaloe likes this.
  11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I bet Donovan takes out Roberson immediately on hackign

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Donovan working the officials pre-game 5.

BigMaloe likes this.
  13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know what the deal is with them during the playoffs. They are definitely hesitating, or throwing the ball back to Harden. There is no reason the two of them only have a combined 6 out of 32 shots from behind the arc. They are better than that, so I am hoping they get into a really good groove throughout the rest of the playoffs.

DonKnock and bilaal14 like this.
  15. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Yep it's as if they are afraid of missing. During the reg season I got the impression that they just shot with confidence make or miss.

deb4rockets likes this.
  16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd love to see Lou and Eric to take more 3's. They are shooting over 43% from behind the arc, which is far better than anyone else. I'm also hoping to see Lou get more minutes. He is our second highest scorer in the playoffs, even though he is getting less minutes than most, and taking less shots. His assist / turnover ratio is better than anyone else as well. He's a great ball handler, and knows how to get to the rim, as well as getting to the free throw line.

I want us to humiliate OKC and end this series at home, so our fans can enjoy it. Let's do this!!! Go Rockets!!!

BigMaloe and Hakeemtheking like this.
  17. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Rockets hoping to destroy the Thunder in game 5 and waiting for the Spurs/Grizz like:

[​IMG]

18. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

"HOU---STON--ROCKETSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!"

[​IMG]

DonKnock and BigMaloe like this.
  19. dlite316

dlite316 Member

Stay focused from the tip-off. Let Westbrick shoot 5-50 and have his fourth straight triple dubs in the playoffs. Finish OKC and get Harden plenty time to rest his ankle. GO ROCKETS!

DonKnock likes this.
  20. Remlap

Remlap Member

THIS is what's interesting about this MVP race.
    WB is about to get his team tossed in the 1st round of the playoffs.
    Tell me, how valuable is he again?

BigMaloe and BigShasta like this.