1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/8/2019 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 7, 2019.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

See you guys Friday

Batman Jones likes this.
  2. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

This is why we will lose the series. There is always weight on his shoulders to make it happen. The Warriors don't have **** to worry about. So they can play freely and will rain threes. I wish Durant never got hurt.

3. MikeT

MikeT Rookie

No one really expected them to suddenly beat the warriors.

4. RocketTheory

RocketTheory Member

Why can't he try to attack, put pressure on them, he just pound the ball the till 10sec.. $hit driving me crazy cause he letting the moment go past...

5. gotsis

gotsis Member

It seemed they were scared to seize the moment. I'm really scared we will mentally roll over in game 6. This was our shot, we failed miserably and cp3 has become a 40 million version of Jeryd Bayless, completely irrelevant.

6. HP3

HP3 Member

Small does work with Durant in, our small ball lineup has been beating theirs for awhile, they only put in Looney cause Durant got injured. Small ball has been working, then Dantoni saw we were getting beat on the boards and immediately put Clint back in, and Curry if he gets hot can put you in a hole real fast. Now we probably will see Clint more in this game now that KD is probably gone.

7. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We had it all there for the taking...didn't get the job done. No excuses.

Rockets in seven.

8. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

The Rockets are 0-2 against the Warriors without Durant. They can't guard the Warriors when they're not playing KD iso ball. It's that simple.

Remlap likes this.
  9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The sad thing is he got those 2 points with such ease.

10. HP3

HP3 Member

Im glad you are positive about this my friend haha.

kjayp likes this.
  11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I get what you are saying in theory. But when no one can hit a shot, we are basically banking on Harden to hit contested 3's while double teamed on every possession, which in itself is losing basketball.

Sajan and HP3 like this.
  12. HP3

HP3 Member

Look, i may not think we can win but if KD wasnt here to start this series, this year or last year, we would be crushing them. Stop giving out your opinion like someone on here wants it.

Deckard likes this.
  13. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Capela is garbage against Embiid, Lopez, Adams and will probably suck against Gasol too. He's a soft system center, you guys.

14. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Go. To. Hell.

Deckard likes this.
  15. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Lol. I swear... being a Rockets fan has to be one of the most stressful hobbies ever.

Fought so hard to get into the game in the third quarter. Then, just became passive and do nothing in the 4th. Ok. Whatever.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Nothing is simple. If it were, we would have won this game. We will win in Houston and then win game 7 in Oakland. It won’t be simple. It won’t be easy, but we’ll do it.

17. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

My opinion matters just as much as your opinion. They're both meaningless in a homer forum. I'll revisit these comments after elimination Harden shows up on Friday...or they get bounced in a game 7.

18. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I am sorry but I have never been so critical and negative about a player on this board, but if Paul doesn't get his **** together the next 2 games then we are absolutely ****ed.

PeterKingX likes this.
  19. mrstriker316

mrstriker316 Member

Nene or Faried way better option over Clint, its making me sick seeing him miss layups on smaller guys at-least the other two can finish at the dang rim. Cp3 is just a dribble machine that goes nowhere. An horrible postseason from him. Our two big dollar guys are sucking it up.

20. icewill36

icewill36 Member

curry pretty much took the first half off to be fair. there is no way im blaming james for this loss. i have more of a problem with the defense to be honest. cant get a stop, cant get a rebound. we got killed by kevon fukkin looney all night.