1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 10/17/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 17, 2017.

1. RCPM

RCPM Member

Ha Ha...I LOVE Tilman!!!

Vivi likes this.
  2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Back then they didn't want me, now I'm hot they all on me

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  3. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Cant believe I stopped watching after the opening 3rd qtr minutes. Go Rockets

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

I don't wish injury on anyone, but karma is real...Green was running his mouth pre-game, and flopping all over the court

Tfor3 and seeingredtx like this.
  5. TheBrownDude

TheBrownDude Member

I specially hate it when he stands there and yells on simple plays. I don’t know how he hasn’t got punched yet.

Tfor3, seeingredtx and Reeko like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Come on, players do not dwell on a great win or a shattering defeat for too long. At least they should not. Fans do as I understand.

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

And for some reason he NEVER gets a T, in this game it happened again, screamed to a ref making some sort of gesture and nothing...

Reeko likes this.
  8. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

Wow thought we lost 104 - 101 so oh boy was I suprised when I saw that we won :) GO Rockets!

9. bawanyh

bawanyh Member

lol.. thats true

10. bawanyh

bawanyh Member

Great win
    On to the next 1 now

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

IDIOT in the Dish. Do you want to do the honors?

12. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Would someone post the post-game quotes and game highlights etc?

Thanks

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

nah, u got it HP

heypartner likes this.
  14. bawanyh

bawanyh Member

I wanna see the highlights of the last play when KD's basket was waived off..I wanna see his face.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Htownballer38 and Vivi like this.
  16. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

This was an intriguing game. Paul still needs more time to learn the system that much is clear, but he still had 11 assists despite not shooting well. I think the knee is a bit more bothersome than he is letting on. Hopefully its nothing too serious going forward. One moment that even Webber pointed out in the third was when Paul saved a ball from going out and Gordon pushed the ball up quickly when Paul called for it back. This team runs after missed shots. I dont think Paul is 100% used to that just yet. He will adjust though, the guy is a extremely smart player. I think Paul will play huge dividends in the half court though when things do slow down. Harden as great as he is, isnt the same half court playmaker that Paul is. It will take time but it wont take like several months I think they'll figure it out by the end of November.

My general takes:

Tucker: Dude was a beast. He seems heavier but still moved well. I remember reading something about how he drinks a ton and it hurt him in Phoenix (maybe Codman knows more) but he definitely looks bigger than he did last season. Fortunately it hasn't really hurt him on the court. I thought he did well when checking KD or Green. I think he is a great counter to guard Green especially on the perimeter. Green would kill our bigs in the past (to be honest he still has an advantage on Tucker but not as big compared to Capela, Anderson, Nene, DMo etc). Tucker's shooting was a pleasant surprise, he hit some elbow 3s which was surprising to me. I've always known him to be more of a corner 3 guy. He hustles for loose balls like crazy and that sort of tenacity is much needed on a team that lost Pat Beverley.

LucRichard Mbah a Moute: The Prince! I love this guy (obviously going back to his UCLA days) but his defense was disciplined and as good as advertised. I am not looking at him as a DPOY candidate but he is versatile and doesnt try to go crazy and gamble (like Brewer did). His shot from the outside was solid has it has improved but I was surprised at the times he took it to the basket. His offensive game has always been limited and I can't recall the number of times I have seen him take his guy off the dribble. If he does that often enough to have it be a threat then this guy would is a steal to be the 8th guy off the bench.

Ariza: I mean Ariza was just solid all throughout the game he attacked the rim more than normal and hit some big shots. He still is one of the best compliments to Harden I feel and his defensive versatility is huge. Combining him with other versatile defenders in Tucker and LRMAM helps him considerably.

Capela: Probably disappointed me the most. Had some moments in the 4th with Green out, but prior to that he was fumbling passes and trying to do things out of his comfort zone (seriously like the two plays where he dribbled and posted up? i mean do it against the Bulls not the Warriors) I cant really use the "he is young and learning" anymore for these things because he should be beyond that phase right now. He is still improving and learning but those are things that should be in his past now. Not to mention his lack of rebounding really hurt. It was not too surprising that Houston made runs when they went small without Capela in the lineup. Maybe GS is a bad matchup for him but hopefully he shows more against other teams because he made huge strides last season.

Gordon - E-GOD! Jesus it was as if it was 2009 again! This guy was just relentless in attacking the basket. I mean the dude scored 24 points and didnt hit a single 3. When has that happened with Gordon on this team? Just shows how versatile of a scorer he is. His defense is still underrated IMO. He wont be able to guard 3s/4s the same way Ariza/Tucker/LRMAM can but in the backcourt he can hold his own against PGs and SGs. If we get this Gordon that attacks and not just settles for outside shots all the time man he may improved on his 6MOTY year from last year in a big way.

Anderson: He is no Melo but he still spread the floor big time and hit some timely shots and got some big rebounds. I think he played really well without having a huge impact on the box score. I think with the more versatile bench guys this year he may not be asked to do as much and get more settled in a role he is comfortable with. The small ball lineup with him at the 5 was great last night.

Harden: Beard Me. MVP. To be honest he looked more like the 2015 Harden who I thought was the best version of Harden. He definitely has that swag about him that he didnt show as much last year despite an amazing year.

Paul: See above - i think he did well and felt his teammates out well, but this will be a work in progress the offense felt different when he was running it. The injury doesnt help, but what was big is that he got Curry in foul trouble as well. This is something Beverley couldnt do. Paul puts a lot of pressure on both ends and if GS switches then you have Curry on Harden or Gordon which isnt going to end well for Steph. I think the Rockets are going to try to get Curry out of the game somehow the way OKC did 2 years ago with Westbrook. The gravity Curry creates still is the key to their offense.

Overall it was an impressive showing, but a lot needs to be improved upon big win but this GS team wasnt at full strength. Iguodala is a huge playmaker off the bench and gives Harden fits. Granted I dont think Swaggy P is going to go supernova again like that, but its a good sign overall. Hopefully they wont follow up the big W with a dud tonight at Sacramento

Hakeemtheking, Nook, Deuce and 4 others like this.
  17. Remlap

Remlap Member

I love James and he DID contribute. But we need better execution in crunch time than THIS
    Standing around and watching James dribble and jack up a contested 3.
    We wasted a critical possession on a low percentage attempt. That's all I"m saying.

[​IMG]

cheke64 likes this.
  18. Remlap

Remlap Member

Can also work AGAINST you. In final minute, if you believe your team is ahead you are going
    to want to run out the clock instead of making game winner. CAN be a two-edged sword

19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Greatest spoof of all time!

Salvy and Remlap like this.
  20. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

LMAOOOOO

Pen15clubber likes this.