1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 10/17/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 17, 2017.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so we talking about pre-season? pre-season! pre-season! pre-season!

LOL even just regular season practices >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> pre-season games

#2221 vlaurelio, Oct 18, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    don grahamleone likes this.
  2. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

The Refs were superb. You can tell by reading this post during the game. Not many complaints about the refs. I’m almost ascertain there were no complaints about the refs.

They seemed to call the game fair.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nice post. CP3 is new to the team and hasn't fully adjusted to Rockets style basketball and pace. He's accustomed to dominating the ball and creating for others. He wasn't always out of the system just occasionally. His strengths also helped us at times. The Rockets were a better team than the Clippers so Paul should and will adjust to our team system. I hope his health holds out.

The team did well and I think they will do better as they adjust.

Way to go Rockets!

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

That ending saved a lot of lives. lol. All hope was lost for a moment there. It was going down as another catastrophic sports day in Houston history. Time was on our side for a change.

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The game ended after midnight central time, so in a way, 10/17 was still a completely catastrophic sports day. Now if the Astros win today and the Rockets defeat the Kings in Sactown(coupled with the win over the Warriors), then 10/18 will go down as a great sports day for this city.

MONON and RCPM like this.
  6. WestendMassive

Only just finished watching the replay and having known the result beforehand, I am finding this finish hilarious.

This was an absolute theft by Houston on ring night. After bumbling through 3 quarters everything that could go right did go right down the stretch for the Rockets. Suck it GSW lol

Tfor3, Hakeemtheking and amaru like this.
  7. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

Damn fell asleep in the 3rd quarter, of course Rockets come back.

8. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

don grahamleone and BigMaloe like this.
  9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Even better that it was on ring night AND for a moment they celebrated a "fake news" victory b4 we ripped their hearts out and earned that W.

dje243 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

That's BS

11. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Hows about Anderson with 8 rebounds...

dje243 likes this.
  12. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

It was all about how the CP3 experiment wont work and how he doesn’t fit. Gave zero credit for the effort put in. No mention of being down 18 twice to come back. Saying Looks like the same ole Rockets. 1on1 playing no team play.

Never again, they lost me. Even the preseason game on TNT against the spurs those other chumps with McHale was all talking trash. I think it stems from Harden calling McHale a clown. They just want more reasons to hate us.

f them with a donkey d!ck.

13. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

i don't know if you are joking. I hope you are. you do know that you would have to trade all those players for PG as well.
    I much rather have CP3 (Althoug you cant see in on the stat line- the guy just plays very smart and knows how to lead a team. He still had 8 assists and 11 rebounds on an off night..

Patience likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

no hes not joking. hes one of the worst posters on this board

Reeko likes this.
  15. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I take great pride in the fact that all off season and especially so the last couple of weeks I have been showing absolute confidence that we would beat the warriors this game.

I even challenged @OTMax to a $20 tip jar bet, which I'm sure he's glad he didn't take, who said there is no way we beat gsw.

This season is gonna be REAL y'all

16. OTMax

OTMax Member

I’d never bet against the Rockets, that’s just all talk. I never expected it though

BigMaloe likes this.
  17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Great

Tfor3, RCPM and Rocket Freak like this.
  18. Vivi

Vivi Member

LMFAO

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

What did you learn about the new look Rockets?

MK: Chris Paul won't change D'Antoni system, will still bomb a ton of threes, Harden will still be extremely high usage. The Rockets are really good. Chris will make them better. ... I learned more about the Warriors. The Warriors are gonna win that game. Then Draymond had to sit. When Draymond sat, the Rockets won. Draymond, I'm not saying he's the 2nd best player on that team but the Warriors were in title contention without Durant. Durant makes them unfair. In terms of most indispensable, Steph is #1, Draymond is #2. Durant puts them over the top but Draymond allows them to be the Warriors.

SAS: When you try to tell me Durant is less indispensable than Draymond, there's nothing to say. I know what my eyes tell me. I love me some Draymond but at the same time, the greatness of Kevin Durant, don't tell me Draymond & Steph are more indispensable. What I took from last night? Nothing. Durant & Curry and those boys celebrated. Swaggy P comes in & drops 20. He'll benefit greatly from the Warriors. He can't do much but shoot but boy can he shoot. He's going to get open shots. He fits exceptionally well with what they do. I do respect Houston. They can put the ball in the hole & can beat almost anyone outside of GS when it counts even though I say OKC is my favorite to give GS a challenge. The only thing I took away from this is Nick Young will be a great addition for the Warriors.

20. bawanyh

bawanyh Member

if melo watched this game he might be thinking damn I should have learned how to have patience and only if I would have waited little more..lol