1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Magic 3/5/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 5, 2014.

1. dubble dee95

dubble dee95 Member

Not a LOF or LOH but Lin is looking for the rim a lot more this game than the last few. That's a good sign. Maybe he can look for that mid range too

2. Clarinetmonster

I think the coaches hands are tied with the bench issue - they can't just let this happen every game with the starters winning the game alone - if the bench can't even hold on to a lead for a few minutes, that's a serious problem that needs addressing - so I think the Caanan/Daniels experiment will continue as Lin/Hamilton and co. are ineffective at the moment.

3. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Let's just cheer for the Hawks to beat the Blazers!

4. Remii

Remii Member

Meh...

5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

As much as Lins fans get on my nerves I still think Lin is the best player in the bench besides asik. I've seen enough of Lin to know he can be effective and a plus player for stretches. Is he a star? No but he should be attacking making plays and getting the 2nd unit going. We've seen him do all first half, I'm under the impression that he'll get it together. This team is going to need him playing like early season if we our to win a championship this season.

Bottom Line is the bench needs to improve wether Lin or someone else it needs to happen soon.

6. xm2x

xm2x Member

too much hate guys, just too much. as long as Lin's a Rocket, he has my support no matter what, through ups and downs.

great win though! :)

7. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Shut Lin down for a couple games. Dude is looking like Raymond Felton out there. I think we'll see two immediate benefits:
    1) Canaan gets some burn
    2) I don't have to read 20 "Lin sucks" comments.

8. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

As bad as the Rockets looked early -- and they did look bad -- it's nice to see how they rebounded because they really would have lost a game like this earlier in the year (see: at Utah). I really think it shows some growth.

Felt like we were cheating by having James Harden in the second half. Some of those shots were crazy.

9. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Makes me wonder how Presti still gets sleep at night.

10. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Rockets bench 11 points

11. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Don't you know? We're going for an all time-record. We're gonna win games while our bench contributes 0 points.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

- Any road win is a good win. Orlando may not be a good team but IND got blown out by CHA tonight and DAL is trailing by 15 vs. DEN. It's good to convert a likely win into an actual win.

- Something is physically wrong with Lin. He is usually a Harden-style contact seeker on his drives. He's been avoiding contact on the drives during his stretch of bad games. This seems to be why he's looking to pass off too early and gets hung in the air.

My guess is that the team is going to stick with Lin for a few more games unless his injury is bad enough that he just can't play or that they actually start losing games because of his bad play. For now, the team seems content to just play Patrick Beverley more minutes (which he seems quite willing and able to handle) rather than going with Canaan.

- People complain about the bench scoring, and they were bad offensively in the 4th. But the same bench unit did well in the first half closing the gap after the starters struggled. Guys like Lin and Asik actually had positive +/- as a result.

Not all that worried. A 4 bench player (plus Parsons) lineup today could not score in the 4th, but I think they'd do OK if they had one of Harden or Howard out there with them.

13. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Saw recent picture of him with ice on his ankles, coinciding with the reports of his sore back. This dude was sidelined for a while with back spasms so they may be coming back or lingering. He's most likely playing hurt/battered. Could be coincidental that it matches his slump but I'm not gonna go anymore into that.

Sad to say, had we still had Brooks, I'd be completely fine with giving Lin a few DNP's. With Canaan as our 3rd rotation, I'm sure McHale is reluctant to give Lin any time off since we're battling to secure a higher seed/get more spacing from Portland. What this means for us is there is going to be a sur

14. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Saw recent picture of him with ice on his ankles, coinciding with the reports of his sore back. This dude was sidelined for a while with back spasms so they may be coming back or lingering. He's most likely playing hurt/battered. Could be coincidental that it matches his slump but I'm not gonna go anymore into that.

Sad to say, had we still had Brooks, I'd be completely fine with giving Lin a few DNP's. With Canaan as our 3rd rotation, I'm sure McHale is reluctant to give Lin any time off since we're battling to secure a higher seed/get more spacing from Portland. What this means for us is there is going to be a surge of posts with a similar combination of words, consisting of Lin, Suck, Scrub, and any other thing that rhymes with ass.

15. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

Can someone provide highlights, couldn't catch the game.

16. deedee82

deedee82 Member

The way the bench is playing also leaves me scratching my head. I'm not definitive but it could be a combination of acclimatising to Asik's return and the addition of JHam.

Whatever they thought they could run seems to be out of whack in terms of pacing and spacing it seems and that could explain the funk they are in.

Casspi's now 3 down the pecking order and Garcia's no where to be found.

This is frustrating when there's no consistency at any spot at all but thankfully we are still pulling off wins for seeding.

17. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Pat Beverley ' nose was broken. Will be fitted for mask tomorrow.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/441405025412472832">March 6, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

So both Bron and Bev will be masked up for the rematch.

19. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

So we have our own Bane now.

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Magic bench 23 points. Magic one of the worst teams in the league...