1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 2/6/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 5, 2020.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Sometimes you have to eat crow and give credit where credit is due.. that's life(if you want to be part of society).

BMoney, Remlap, kjayp and 2 others like this.
  2. bj3175

bj3175 Member

and take it like a man

Remlap, DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  3. bmelo

bmelo Member

When Knicks got DRose I was watching most of them games and KOQ is a very hard defending, good jumpshooting big. He is what Morris is advertised to be just without media narrative/love so he would exactly fit with Rockets

BMoney likes this.
  4. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

If we could replace Thabo with a knock down shooter, it would open up the floor a whole lot more.

D-rock likes this.
  5. bmelo

bmelo Member

If AD and LBJ were gassed with chasing Russel and Bmac+Austin i want to se how gassed Jokic will get

Remlap, Bo6, arubato and 3 others like this.
  6. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

hopefully someone post this one every account that put those memes

BigShasta and roslolian like this.
  7. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Yea he could barely keep up with Capela. Now he will have to be guarding around the perimeter instead of resting around the paint

8. bmelo

bmelo Member

You have Russ running like Gazzele or Dirty Dancing with Harden impersonating Swayze on the perimeter. for 48mins. And of course you must move PJs and Hardens asses on the low block on offense... as short as they are you better have your legs under you

D-rock likes this.
  9. don grahamleone

[​IMG]

Remlap, DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its enough if 1 shooter out of 5 on the floor is cold ... then the defense can just sag off and help off of him

DeBeards likes this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

how you feel about russ now buddy? and its not a rethorical question, I value your opinion...

D-rock, DeBeards and roslolian like this.
  12. don grahamleone

Even if it means losing?

D-rock and DeBeards like this.
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yes you gotta save Tucker for the playoffs. But lets be honest 10-15 mins of Hartenstein wont be a loss kid can ball. Caboclo too was starting for Memphis last year.

bro2044, kjayp and Rocket River like this.
  14. don grahamleone

Okay.. but it seems to be working. These guys have to play with energy to make it work and that energy shows.

DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Bro if Tucker averages 38 mins at center for the season it wont work in the playoffs. He'll be too tired like I said GSW didnt start and end their games with Hamptons 5 they got Bogut, Cousins, Kevon Looney and Pacheapshot to soak up mins

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

never underestimate the heart of a champion!

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

who we give credit for this change?

DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

perhaps MDA has something to do with it?

20. JW86

JW86 Member

Wow what a win, definitely best one of the season!!! MDA coached well tonight, good challenge which they should've awarded us, and took solid timeouts. Gave Covington minutes and actually experimented with some line-ups. We fully committed and only shot 42 threes, so was nothing outrageous even. Westbrook was a monster, but have to give the game ball to Covington with some great blocks, great defense, disrupting everything and then 2 big threes - one over AD to put us up 115-111 & the one late in the 3rd right after the bad call to give us a lead 93-91 - as well as the dagger.

Look at the stats, it was not that crazy with only 1 rebound less, actually 1 TO more and only 42 threes attempted and only 16 FTs. What was the same as past few games is how we were much better on the boards in the 2nd half, at least working harder to box out and get them. They played smaller granted.

Referees also had 3 really bad calls, at least one of which that could've really could've changed this game: ball off of Westbrook that was off of AD, Harden's offensive foul - still not sure about this one but since it had little impact on the game and he passed it off should've been a no call really - the "foul" by Covington.

Westbrook for his 41 points was out of control, had 8 TOs and missed some guys being wide open. Also some lazy play by Harden, per usual when he's offensively not that involved. I do think he had some nice defense and overall we really worked hard on that end, Covington really changes our look completely. He will hopefully start soon. Rivers was really nice, McLemore with some nice off the ball movement, House also with a nice block and some solid defense, Thabo very solid again as well, Gordon with some great threes - should've gotten more shots - and Tucker hitting some.

Overall just solid, I am on board with this and only twice during the game I felt small ball might kills us - when they died it up at 102 and at a point earlier in the game. I was nervous all game though, which I always am, but especially with the potential of an AD, McGee & Dwight catching lobs all day. It takes balls to stick with this so it's time to let my dislike for MDA go and admit he might be a shrew genius.

I was excited about the potential and now that we've seen it, against #1 team in the West, we should all be.

joshuaao, bro2044, Remlap and 6 others like this.