1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 2/6/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Jokic struggles against the Rockets.

Harden gives him fits.

DreamQuake and D-rock like this.
  2. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

When RoCo hit that contested 3 in the corner all of Staples went quiet lmfaoooo.

Everybody in the suite was just talking **** the ENTIRE game about how they’d come back.

Such a great team victory and despite our lack of size and foul trouble, we looked pretty good on the road against the best team in the West.

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Not really.

No one on this team is as good defensively as CP.

hakeem94, DreamQuake and apollo33 like this.
  4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Look at Lebron's reaction after the second 3. Hahaha...

hakeem94, bmelo, DreamQuake and 2 others like this.
  5. icewill36

icewill36 Member

I think it's more they never put the right personnel or coach around Russ. For some reason they were allergic to shooters and even though russ and Adams has a good connection it's been clear for a while a stretch 5 would have been better. I knew Russ would be willing to change some things coming here because I know how much he wants to win and how self aware he actually is. But we have a coach here that will do what he can to get the most out of his players.

6. Asian Sensation

I always thought Kyle O’Quinn was a scrub and for all intents and purposes if you looked only at his stats they’d tell you he’s exactly that but I think he can be valuable for us if he can give us a good 15-18 mins on any given night when needed. He’d definitely help in keeping Tucker, RoCo and House fresher.

Hoping for some KOQ what a time to be a Rockets fan.

hakeem94, HP3, DreamQuake and 2 others like this.
  7. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Size does make a difference, I agree. But, so does scoring 110-120 points a game, which these Rockets will do against anyone. As long as they continue to take an obscene volume of threes and win the turnover battle, they’ll be fine.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

6'7 without shoes, sames as RoCo.

DeBeards, hakeem94 and DreamQuake like this.
  9. Remlap

Remlap Member

Pre-Durant, they were still pretty successful.
    Had Javale McGee as a big as I recall, but only occasionally

DreamQuake and D-rock like this.
  10. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Before checking out the stats, I think you're underestimating the rim protection of Durant and Draymond. They both are very good post and help defenders.

DreamQuake likes this.
  11. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

That’s good because tonight’s version of Danuel House is a quality rotation piece. He can also learn a lot from Covington on defense.

hakeem94, BMoney, Landsdale and 2 others like this.
  12. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Must admit to not really ever watching him play. Is he a stretch 5?

DreamQuake likes this.
  13. JackLordsHair66

That’s my big concern, they shot lights out from 3 that’s not always going to happen, then what ?

DreamQuake, amaru and roslolian like this.
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

What I'm surprised though is how soft Lakers and AD are. Lakers only had 1 more reb advantage isnt that supposed to be where they kill us? Seems the West is wide open after all a little toughness causes all the LA teams to fold like a house of cards.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

KOQ is only useful because he can play on perimeter and create.

Stop obsessing about traditional centers and traditional center roles. Basketball has entered new evolution.

Think positionless.

16. Remlap

Remlap Member

That's true, Jokic will have to be pulled much further out to guard against the 3
    leaving the lane open. And Jokic is WAY slower on his feet than AD or even McGee

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ideally you dont use the small ball 100% of the time like tonight. Thats why GSW didnt start games with the Hamptons 5 hopefully MDA took notes from Kerr.

DreamQuake likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

while true, that's why i said with length. and covington is on another level above ariza

there's potentially a ton of similarity with this team and that one defensively

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Attack the rim from 5 out more.

But cannot stop shooting 3's.

DeBeards and DreamQuake like this.
  20. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

So a few take aways from this game that stood out to me.

1. House really brought it in the first half and even blocked Lebron a couple times.
    2. The spacing was outstanding, I swear the Rockets could get an open 3 any time they wanted.
    3. Harden didn't have a great scoring game but he was constantly being doubled and Westbrook really stepped up in the scoring department.
    4. I LOVED what I saw from RoCo tonight, seeing how active he was in the perimeter defensively and knocking down much needed 3's brought joy to my heart. He really is the missing 3&D wing player we've sorely needed.

I just only hope we can sustain this kind of play from this roster throughout the season and playoffs, time will tell.