1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 11/26/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I really like them. The compliments they gave the Rockets should make them all blush, lol.

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

It's time for people to start cleaning up their acts on the board. I'm no stranger to arguments, but this kind of immature garbage is uncalled for and is an eyesore to the board. You are consistently one of the problem posters and the next time you're banned, it's permanent.

3. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

that's why adelman is right now just making him the scorer and force other players to move the ball. we can't rely on tmac completely.

we'll see if they are up to the task. i believe once francis is fully in the rotation, he can take over that role. i mean, yesterday when tmac passed out of that double team and rafer was WIDE OPEN and didn't shoot, francis would have driven.

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

Houton feeds are blacked out here in L.A, so I have to watch them whenever Rockets play the Clippers. They are hilarious. They used to make fun of Kaman whenever he went up chanllenging Yao. You just dont expect home team anouncers do that to their players. They are cool with Kaman tough.

5. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Perhaps, but driving into the already crowded lane when you recieve a wide open shot attempt isn't really going to help spread the court much.

In the end we need our guards to hit a respectable % from outside to space the court, regardless of which guard is in there. Certainly Rafer has been struggling this season from 3, but the sad reality is his FG % for the season is higher than James, Francis and Bonzi. I give Steve a pass for now considering his extremely limited play time, but at the same time if we assume Francis, James and Bonzi will improve based on his career numbers, we also have to consider Alston's 3pt % as likely to improve for the same reasons.

Francis absolutely has played well enough to warrant more time, and if Rafer was not having a season best game I am sure Francis would have played more last night. I'd be pretty surprised if Steve doesn't get 20+ minutes vs Pheonix and GS. I'd like to see Steve drive more than he did in the limited minutes he got vs the Clippers though. Steve has made great decisions and been really low turn over so far which is awesome. I am still not convinced he is the best fit as a starter, but I am certainly not against giving him the play time to prove me wrong at this point. My concern is that if he dominates the ball too much with drives to the basket that can be disruptive to the offense, but at the same time if he ONLY passes the ball around the perimeter and takes spot up jumpers like he did in the very limited Clippers play, then Rafer is better at that role. Steve's career fg% is higher, but alot of that is because he traditionally has taken the ball to the hole alot more than Alston. mid range jumper wise they are roughly even, and from 3pt Rafer's career numbers are actually slightly better.

6. htownzfinest

htownzfinest Member

Yao played horrible. Getting dominated by Kaman..Come on Yao....wtf :mad:

7. noize

noize Contributing Member

Its ok...he said he wants to be a leader "vocally" and not physically.

8. luisantonio1014

Kaman just played good cause it was Yao Ming. He wanted to make a good impression.

9. lastmanstanding

one things for sure, the rockets don't have the worst crowd. that goes to the clips. where were they in the 4th?