1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 3/8/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 7, 2024.

1. conquistador#11

While Brooks and FVV are here, Amen,Cam,Eason,Aquaman and Xrookie will be the best bench unit. Better than the Pacers. Would like a contingency plan just in case for Tari.

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

At half time i was taking a lot of shots from my Portland friends: “you’re losing to our G-League squad”, etc. but thank god for Amen. His defense really got us back in the game the 2nd half; and then you really saw a complete team effort. Fred had 10 assists/zero turnovers. Bari and Jalen played well. Amen and Cam played well. Sengun was triple teamed all night but was still finding ways to score and making excellent passes out of his double and triple teams. Basically the 2nd part of the 3rd quarter through the rest of the game, we played like a good team. Very happy I didn’t have to endure another loss at Moda, especially against Portland’s scrubs.

let’s keep winning please.

j@amc, AuburnRocket, invocux and 10 others like this.
  3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Just time. And keeping egos in check. That's it man. These 6 guys, lucky 7 after this offseason...give a few years and make sure their egos stay right. This is going to be a dynasty.

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

It was weird in the arena because the only Blazers names I recognized were Simons and Thybulle. Then I heard Blazers fans behind me who also didn't recognize anyone. Portland had a solid starting 5 on the bench last night - Sharp, Scoot, Brogdon, Ayton, and Grant.

5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This. As he becomes known as an excellent defender, the refs will not call as many fouls on Amen. I'm very excited for Cam's prospects as a star player, but the real superstar may be Amen.

6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

He was also pretty good to start the year also.

So maybe its 1/3 of the season he sucks

7. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Not saying one way or the other...I supported him strongly...and recently soured on him thinking it's a foregone conclusion that we'd move him. I'm not so sure now. But, very fair that we need someone who is good more than a 1/3 of the season. Going into this year...he was ranked as the 11th best SG in the NBA (#65 player overall). He's slid but, he's still a Top 100 player.

8. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lol refs trying to let Blazers back in