1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 12/9/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 9, 2017.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

good find from Their stand point.

D-rock likes this.
  2. simon_!

simon_! Member

borring win.

Drogba likes this.
  3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

called it you'll slither back to your safe space.. real lonely in there

what do I win?

can you even afford an authentic NBA jersey?

JaceMan da SpaceMan and tinman like this.
  4. Kiwi Rockets.

Kiwi Rockets. New Member

Great win, bring on the Pelicans.

D-rock likes this.
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I honestly feel that this performance from Harden was his best ever as a Houston Rocket, even surpassing his winning performance against Lebron
    a few years ago.

CP3 has taken a Huge load off of him. I'm optimistic that they will play even better together from now onwards.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

perhaps its easier to play offense when you conserve energy on defense

7. Rockets4Life13

Just a little advise: if you don’t want brain cancer, don’t read facebook comments on Harden/Rockets/Westbrook. You cant stand the stupidity on facebook, you really can’t

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Wow! I mean that was some big brother to little brother skit right there. The Big Brother ( Rockets) allowed the Little Brother (Blazers) to think they got a win only to snatch every ounce of confidence at the end. Lol

Harden is playing on another atmosphere. He's done rev'd it up to a gear no one has ever heard of or seen.
    Chris Paul has this very competitive drive to win. Both him and Harden willed this team to victory.

It looked like Portland was going to score 130 but in that 4th our top 5 defense kicked in.

Great exciting win last night.

D-rock, heypartner and hakeem94 like this.
  9. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

The Ed Davis plays against us you'd think he'd be leading the league in rebounds..... seems to get every single one......

I know he doesn't have a translatable star player skill but I always thought he should be better than he is....

He and aminu are the ones that scare me on this team.... you know what dame and cj are gonna do but with these 2 you just never know......

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. j@amc

j@amc Member

In the playoffs, we've seen the game plan that the Blazers drew up: take away all catch and shoot three-point shots and force drivers to take contested shots over defenders. Credit to the entire team for hanging around by drawing some fouls, as the Blazers were simply sizzling from the field. We looked tired of being on the road (even if we haven't played many games) and were streaky on offense. Down 14 (after we had been up 5 early in the 3Q), it looked like we were going to run out of fuel--a problem that has dogged this team for years.

What happened next was refreshing to see.

Rather than fading away, the Rockets soared outscoring the Blazers 40-19. How did it happen? Here's a look inside the numbers:
    1. Deflections and loose balls recovered. The Rockets had 16/9 for the game and the Blazers had 4/2. This led to more shots.
    2. The Rockets offense took off late (15/19 makes, 4/6 3-point line in 4Q).
    3. Zero 4th quarter turnovers for Harden. CP3's only turnover in the 4th quarter was that Lillard mugging that drew the debate about a clear path foul.
    4. Three of CP3's 7 assists came in the last 5 minutes of the game.
    5. The Blazers finally missed from the field in the 4-quarter going 8/17 from the field
    6. The Blazers perimeter shooting really faded. They made 12-20 made threes in quarters 1 and 3, but only 3-12 in 2Q and 2-7 in 4Q.
    7. The Blazers had only 1 offensive rebound and put back in the 4Q but that was at the 9:58 mark.
    Another great win.

#1290 j@amc, Dec 10, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    D-rock, Deuce, Htownballer38 and 3 others like this.
  11. DanTony!Toni!Tone!

As a Blazers fan, you nailed it with this post. This is all truth. Even though we were missing 2 out of our best 4 defenders, that lineup we had in during the 4th quarter just didn't get it done against your "death" lineup. Injuries are a part of the game, so that is not what I'm harping on. Stotts "tried" to adjust the lineup to the Rockets' small ball unit, when he might have been better off putting in lengthy shooters who could protect the rim, guard the perimeter, and hit a jump shot (for offensive spacing). I know Vonleh got his ankles broken once, but he and Collins both protect the paint and guard the perimeter pretty damned well for big guys.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Aliza's shooting percentages this season...

FG - 44.2
    2PT - 58.8 -- career high
    3PT - 39.6 -- 2nd best
    FT - 91.3 -- career high
    TS = 61.4 -- career high

subtomic, Deuce, jeffvangundy and 2 others like this.
  13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

14. riko

riko Member

Blazers coach joining the long list of coaches and experts calling us the " best team in the NBA" right now and operative word is right now so we need to maintain this..

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

#1295 J.R., Dec 10, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    D-rock, hieuytran, Deuce and 6 others like this.
  16. Pringles

Pringles Member

Loved how this team is communicating on defense. Saw PJ Tucker talking with Harden over (possibly missed?) defensive assignments multiple times even after Harden bailed us out on the offensive side.

17. JaceMan da SpaceMan

18. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Why you comin at me with hostility breh?
    [​IMG]

Htownballer38 and Pen15clubber like this.
  19. JaceMan da SpaceMan

U say my name

Pen15clubber and Snow Villiers like this.
  20. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

DEMON!!!

Pen15clubber likes this.