1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 12/9/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 9, 2017.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When a 99er watches the rockets it’s beautiful

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

3. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Harden averaging 32.3ppg in under 36 minutes is insane

he nearly has the PER lead as well after tonight's game

D-rock likes this.
  4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Come on man... this is fun for everybody.

Speaking of... Harden raised his ppg from 31.7 to 32.3 after this masterpiece against a team vying for our place in the league.

Pen15clubber, hakeem94 and saleem like this.
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Wow, this is the best show in the league right now. Harden/ Paul.

D-rock, Plowman, Patience and 2 others like this.
  6. alethios

alethios Member

This team is amazing! Great time to be a Rockets fan!

7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

at 1:08 the step back lob

D-rock and Drogba like this.
  8. OTMax

OTMax Member

Very impressed because we had no business to win this game, none. They took away our threes, we didn't have any flow to our game, not many open shots and it was all Harden and CP3 on offense! Defensively, yes Lillard was hot and hit some tough shots but our defense got picked apart too easily in the first 3 quarters. Also, since Portland played aggressive we were looking for calls lest the 4th quarter when we just played our game. We started to match their intensity on defense, the refs subsequently called less fouls even though we committed some and turned our defense into offense. Harden just straight up killed it in the 4th too. Ariza was just a monster though, he was credited with 4 steals but by damn if he didn't get more. Not to mention the amount of deflections. Tucker, Harden, CP3 and Mbah also got some hands in and that death line-up was indeed monstrous!!

There was a few things that are starting to worry me a bit though, mainly when we just stand around on offense. We made it so easy on Portland by just slowly playing 1-on-1, little pick and roll here and there and just little off the ball movement. It was no wonder our 3pt shooters were not open. We had to get in some plays and a mindset of moving around more. Capela's lack of playing through contact is also something I want to see change. He is going up soft so often. It's like John Lucas said, he still needs to get that mean streak. That's the only thing that separates him from a guy like DJ. Eric Gordon's hands in general are becoming an issue. So many balls he lets slip away, on his drives, even on a rebound tonight and then the three point shooting still way off. He's forcing it a bit too out there, just heavily contested shots he's taking which he shouldn't.

9. saleem

Additional scoring plus defense at the 5 will put us close to the top. I just wish Nene was 27 and healthy, with Capela as his backup. Anderson is our only choice at the 5 on defense against bigger players. Harden/ Paul are amazing, but Jusuf would have made things very difficult for us, Lillard's absence also helped us out. Houston needs to defend better against teams who execute their plays eg the Blazers.The 1st half was difficult for us. Props to MDA for his adjustments. and to our unsung trio Ariza, Tucker, and Luc. EG's underrated versatility is very much needed, to take the pressure off Harden/ Paul.

Keep working hard, Go Houston Rockets!

D-rock likes this.
  10. saleem

CP3 and Harden are pushing each other to new heights. Unbelievable!

Junkyard_Dog and hakeem94 like this.
  11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's was referring to DD, he's my brother
    it's beautiful

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lmao sensual post is sensual.

13. saleem

Capela lacks confidence, he only plays well when he feels he can overcome his opponent. Otherwise, he fades away, and this effects his defense too. He should remember what the Dream told him, defense comes first. Better defense, will increase his confidence level on offense, despite his limitations. Nene should get into his ear, in practice and before every game. He should also act as an assistant coach off the bench.

D-rock likes this.
  14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Why was this a hard win? I knocked out on the first quarter.

15. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

I didn't watch the whole game. I saw a couple minutes of the 2nd quarter when the Rockets were down seven points.

The tall and lanky players of the Blazers gave the Rockets fits. Ryan Anderson couldn't get a shot off as he was called for a couple of offensive fouls. They pretty much shut down Ryno last night.

Harden was blocked at least once.

A foul called on Leonard was supposed to be an offensive fould by Harden(my view). From what I was able to watch, I thought this would be a loss. I had to leave home by then.

Too much one on one plays I thought.

I was suprised when I returned to check the box scores --- the Rockets actually won.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  16. arubato

arubato Member

Triple double and 4 clutch points though, definitely the performance of the night o_O

17. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I cant sleep lmao. That was an exhilarating win. Need some xanex or something after that one

BigShasta and hakeem94 like this.
  18. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Is there a worse poster on a ROCKETS message board than @swyyyguy?

James Harden is on god mode right now and this fake fan is posting pics like that. Just go troll on your own team's board.

19. topfive's_gf

topfive's_gf Member

https://t.co/mMLaRqDrFw
    ()

At the game tonight with the PNW Clutchfans. Saw CP3 give his jersey to this kid. Oh, the feels!!!:)

D-rock, Plowman, J.R. and 2 others like this.
  20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

at least LOFs don't pretend to be true rockets fans

tinman and saleem like this.