1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 12/13/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 12, 2018.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

“It doesn’t surprise me, thank goodness. He’s really good. He had a great game. He had it going, obviously. I think that’s the beauty, also, between Chris and James. When one’s got it really cooking or doing something the other team has a hard time with, they keep exploiting it unless something changes.” - Mike D

Dang mike. Continue to exploit what the opposing team can’t stop? I dunno. What about sharing?

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I laid it all out - but obviously you want to ignore half of what I'm saying...

2 mins left and up double digits... 1 min left and up double digits... at that point it aint about the win - it should be about long term team building... Folks wanna b**** about our 'scrubby bench' - well here's where we should be developing them... House had a great game - give him some love in the closeout...

Plus we lost LMM last season during a meaningless game... injuries can happen at any time... why run the risk of Harden driving or coming down on someone foot on a pull up 3 (he was undercut a few times this game) when the game has been decided?

It's not about complaining about the victory - its about the desire to play smarter for the long run and future instances... sorry if you dont get it...

Plus that 'martyrs need not apply' was kinda brilliant, wasnt it... lol ;)

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

HArden made the call

Rocket RIver

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

This is literally like middle school ball bullshit let’s give everyone a try crap.

You are nitpicking for nitpickings sake.

House had the great game already. Giving him some bit possessions at the end of some game weren’t necessary for him to play great. Because he literally had just done it. He’s a grown man.

Just admit it man. At one point you despised Harden. You have come around, but it’s still in the back of your mind. So when you see a spot to nitpick even when it’s completely unnecessary you take it when Harden is involved.

The Team and Harden played great. I think we’re finally finding the right group of bench guys to use now that we have mostly full health.

You can go ahead and worry about an extremely likely injury at a point in time when no one is even really trying anymore. I won’t.

5. kjayp

Yeh, I saw that after the game... Good for him to realize he needed more of a breather to be good to close. Hopefully he correlates that thinking to regular vs post season - and he's fully charged for the playoffs. :)

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. kjayp

Freudian slip? lol

sure, injuries never happen late in games when the other team is frustrated and yer runnin up the score on them... nobody ever lashes out... lol

#1086 kjayp, Dec 15, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  7. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

At this point of James Harden’s career you can only try to contain him. He simply cannot stop him

8. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

You got me. That less than 1% of less than 1% of games that feature a serious late game injury in a blowout situation will certainly add up over a few decades.

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I really can't understand you on this one. The team should always ride the hot hand and Harden's was white-hot at that time. Everyone on the team that's shining will get a chance too like Green against the Grizz last night.

I believe Harden is inherently unselfish with the ball, but will also take over when it isn't working for anyone else (within the offense at that time). I mean, I don't expect Harden to be a post delivery guard for Dwight Howard when those possessions are scoring 40% of the time, but I do expect Ryno to get the ball if he's just hit two threes in a row and just dunked on a guy.

I'll start worrying when CP3 is hot and Harden decides to deny him the ball.

Either way, we're both about winning the big one. But it's not about how you played the game when it counts. If we played like b-hole in game 6 or 7 and still beat the GSW.. you and I are both happy. In the playoffs I don't care how they play as long as they win. If you can win sustainably, it's the right way.

saleem and kjayp like this.
  10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

They are terrible, but GS, Jazz and the Mavs are just as bad or if not even worse than them.