1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 4/17/2019 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It may not be another 30 point win, but I don't think it will be less than 8 either.

hieuytran likes this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

but you were happy the entire day looking forward to the game werent you?
    id take that over a few seconds of the wave of sadness

Handles likes this.
  3. Handles

Handles Member

No way jazz come out with that same defense right? RIGHT??

Man I can’t wait for the game.

4. JazzLakerHater

I know this might sound kind of pathetic, but am I the only who’s a nervous wreck on playoff game days? I literary can’t focus on anything but the game and what may or may not happen. I have an interview tomorrow and I think I’m more nervous about the game lol.

tochiee22 likes this.
  5. RocketsPower

RocketsPower Member

Once Harden gets his floater to drop, good luck to Jazz sticking with their "Bucks" defensive strategy

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I'm actually calm. Was calm for the first game.

GotGame15 likes this.
  7. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

What makes me laugh is, Harden dropped 42 points in the first game.... and he didn't even have Gordon or Paul in that game. The 2nd game, we was just bricking like crap... on most nights we're making those shots. They didn't stop him at all.... they just got away with it. It's a misleading narrative that the Bucks know how to stop Harden.

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

I honestly think the Jazz know they have no chance to win the series. I predict another large margin of victory for the Rockets.

9. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

No one can convince me that colorism is not a thing. However, I'm very hesitant to believe that that's a factor in Harden's unpopularity. How do you explain the NBA and their fandom's obsession with and appreciation for LeBron James, Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, etc? It's been my experience that casual fans just imbibe the narrative about Harden's "boring/unattractive/cheating" style of play and hate that it's scorching the league haha. Also, the NBA and NBA fans love wholesome superstars, and Harden out here partying hard, rolling with rappers (much more so than other NBA player), and slanging his meat is not palatable for many of them. I wasn't a Rockets fan before I moved to Houston 2 years ago (didn't pay enough attention), so when I used to hear about Harden's dating life (Khloé) and his philandering with instagram thots I remember thinking "that's lame." This is the mentality of a lot of casual NBA fans/ non Rockets fans with regard to Harden. It's unfair that his lifestyle off the court is affecting how people view his achievements on the court, though.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

this series was a wrap before game 1 even started

an offense led by Donovan Mitchell and a bunch of role players has no chance against HOU

if we were being led by T-Mac, then maybe I’d be worried, but this series is the equivalent of a decent warmup for GS in the 2nd round

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Detroit @ Milwaukee: Mike Callahan (#24) Eric Lewis (#42) Rodney Mott (#71) Mitchell Ervin (#27)
    Indiana @ Boston: Tony Brothers (#25) Sean Wright (#4) Kevin Scott (#28) Dedric Taylor (#21)
    Utah @ Houston: Zach Zarba (#15) Tom Washington (#49) Tony Brown (#6) Brent Barnaky (#36)

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

impossible for me to be nervous for the likes of Utah

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Nah, you're not the only one. I'm almost always nervous before a Rockets playoff game. The rare exception is one like Game 4 against Dallas in 2015 when we were up 3-0. That's a game you'd like to win, but you know you've still got Game 5 at home to close them out.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

gameday. time to go up 2-0

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, he has a good relationship to his mom Mrs.Willis, sorta Momma's boy. Let her handle business.

They did not pay attention to that.

The other stuff was his way to experiment what he wants in the other gender.

The only "wholesome" guy I can think of lately might be Giannis, that guy is just interested in working out and in getting better.

16. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Lets keep that same defensive intensity

17. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Steph Curry is the poster man for wholesomeness. Outside of basketball I love following Ayesha's cooking and vlog channel, and his kids are adorable. Don't you remember how popular Riley Curry was because of those press conferences? American sports fans typically salivate at that type of stuff.

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

step(back) on they throats

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is too perfect to be true.

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

House gonna do house things, sweep, mop, and take out the trash