1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 12/11/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 10, 2018.

1. riko

riko Member

I’m going by what I saw from him last season. He doesn’t look anywhere the same. His last few minutes was a positive step to build on

2. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

Pump fake, drive and layup. It's the smart thing to do when chased off the 3 point line. Defense has to run around and the ball gets moving. It's all about getting the highest percentage shot. Beats a contested 3 any day.

hakeem94 and saleem like this.
  3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Victory at last. Move MCW for a future 2nd rounder, and sign up House to a guaranteed contract ASAP.

ramotadab likes this.
  4. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I think one of the big things that separate this team from last year's team is the inability to slam the door shut. At the beginning of the 17-18 season the Rockets had a little trouble with this too, but there was so much firepower that they could get away with being a little sloppy to end games.

This 18-19 doesn't have enough offensive juice yet to grant themselves that leeway. But the team needs more crunch-time reps, and at least this game provided it and the bench gave the starters a big enough margin of error in to do pretty much whatever and still win the game.

I'd rather have a boring win though. I like those

5. HP3

HP3 Member

Uhh, I mean I feel like he moves around the same, I literally just think its his jump shot, agree to disagree.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he had games last season where he missed easy shots and looked slow.... overgeneralization doesnt do you any good

alethios and Rock Block like this.
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

I wonder if there's a team out there willing to move a 2101 2nd rounder for MCW...maybe we should just wait until @Williamson buys his own team so we can get a 1st rounder by him :D

Williamson, saleem, BigMaloe and 5 others like this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its not the eyes that see but the brain ppl that are convinced he is declined simply see him as slower because of their narrative filter because they read it ten dozens of times at cf that he is not the same

BigMaloe and HP3 like this.
  9. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Full Game Highlights...

10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Grateful for victory !!

.500 incoming........... Perhaps

Tfor3 and Rock Block like this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

Yes man, Hakeem always gets it.

[​IMG]

BigMaloe and hakeem94 like this.
  12. riko

riko Member

Last season he looked a lot more springy around the rim and was killing people with his mid range. This season he misses a lot of layups because he dose not have the same bounce and ability to finish. Tonight was a positive interms of his finish but if you can’t see he has slowed down and looked average for large chunk of the we have to agree to disagree

Little Bit likes this.
  13. Remlap

Remlap Member

Was glad to see the ball in CP's hands through most of the end of the 4th.
    James just gets too sloppy and lazy in the 4th
    But I sure thought we were going to give that lead away

[​IMG]

14. HP3

HP3 Member

Oh crap..I forgot, we probably lost Ennis......man, ugggggh

saleem likes this.
  15. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Next man up, Ennis haters rejoice I suppose!

16. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

Still very shaky against a very bad road team. But one step towards the right direction though. Lets blow out Lakers on Thursday.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

In a nutshell

Rocket River

HP3 likes this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol they were times last year when he walked almost like a cripple(parsonesque) that I was wondering if it was a mistake we got him....he was also very slow in some games last year.... even in playoffs ...teague was blowing by him like speedy Gonzales....
    and there were games this year where he was very springy and very fluid in his motions to the point that he looked more healthy and younger...

you are overgeneralizing things

as for bounce man hes got ourselves TEN REBOUNDS you dont catch 10 rebounds when youre the smallest guy on the court lack the bounce, springiness and declining

HP3 likes this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

Who's that though.....House? Well I guess Gordon is gonna be starting for awhile then....haha

20. ak99999

ak99999 Member

It should be a requirement by MDA that only cp3 can bring the ball up the court in the 4th quarter. Would help stop some of the endless harden dribbling and get everyone involved. Too bad mda sux at adjustments.

Little Bit, bro2044 and hakeem94 like this.