1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutch City Fantasy Basketball League #2

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Rockets34Legend, Oct 1, 2003.

1. codell

codell Contributing Member

NWO,

Can you clarify how many roster spots are available?? Last I saw, we had decided on 14 with 1 IL spot, for a total of 15 max. By my count, over half the league has over 15.

2. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Obviously we only drafted for 14 or so players because the drafting process was way too long, but I guess we set the player rosters limit to like 20 on yahoo.

Should have made it clearer during & right after the draft to everyone but thats life. I will drop my extra players if we come to a majority decision that the post-draft pickups were not fair in the long run for the league to be on an even playing field.

3. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I had posted on the league site, but I had mentioned during the draft that we have 10 players starting and 8 bench players for a max of 18 players. I can reduce the bench to 4 players, but the IL, I can't find anywhere under my Commissioner Tools to increase it to 2. So let me know if you want me to decrease it or not.

4. DFW_Rockets_Fan

DFW_Rockets_Fan Contributing Member

I think this is an example of what confused me. I picked up players after I realized I would not have to drop any. I may have preferred some of the players that were picked up before this realization, but who knows maybe my scrubs will out perform those scrubs.:D

5. Rockets34Legend

I think when I typed this, I screwed up what I was saying.

"Now for the bench, we will all end up w/ 14 players. And it looks like we will have 4 on the bench (10 actively starting and 1 IL spot). So you guys want to add more or keep it the same?"

When I said we will all end up w/ 14 players, that must of been a typo because I should of put 18 players and 8 on the bench. The 10 active starting and 1 IL is correct....sorry for the confusion.

6. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

For whatever it's worth, I think if we do decide to increase the IL slots, we should keep the max at 2.

I think it's still one, but more than 2 would be over the top...

Just my two cents.

7. Rockets34Legend

Now if an IL spot is not available to add, would leaving the IL player on the bench hurt? If it does, does it help to add an extra player to everyone's roster? Or just leave it like it is?

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I don't want to be a dumbass, but how do we score at nba basketball?

9. Rockets34Legend

The one team that we did autopicks from Yahoo, he's up w/ a 10-2 record.

And it looks like he isn't even playing. Interesting...

10. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Yes it hurts to have IL players sitting on the bench. That's why you have an IL, so you can pick up a filler player as a temporary solution.

Adding another player to the mix is just too much. We already have too many players.

But with this many, I think we should have 2 IL slots. I don't know if that change has been made, I don't have 2 injured players.

11. DFW_Rockets_Fan

DFW_Rockets_Fan Contributing Member

I believe NWO previously said Yahoo would not let him add an IL position, but he could add another bench position. That is why he asked if it would help to add another bench position.

12. ron413

Who wants to make a trade?

You know you do...

13. codell

NWO,

Im having a problem with the Yahoo system. Not sure if you can do anything about it or now. I had originally set my lineups 2 weeks in advance (and yes, I did click "submit changes"). For some reason, it keeps reverting back to the previous days lineup. I lost a couple of player stats because of it. So since then, I have gone in every day and set my lineup that way. I even confirmed later in the day that my lineup was good to go.

I just went back and checked my lineup, and Ill be damned if it hasnt reverted back to the previous days lineup yet again. Before, I was not too worried because I was losing stats from my lower end players. But today, the damn thing has three of my starters (Thomas, Arenas and Jackson) on the bench, and Ill be damned if Arenas didnt have a triple double tonight. Im tellin ya that I checked the lineup twice day and it was set with Arenas, Jackson and Thomas all in the starting lineup. Now, it shows them as being on the bench.

14. Rockets34Legend

Umm, well, it seems like you're doing the right thing in setting your players up in advance and hitting submit changes. But if you are dropping and adding players in the time being or making trades, it will take away all the changes you had made or the lineups you have set. Have you been doing that?

15. Rockets34Legend

DarkHorse, I'm not familiar on how the IL players hurt being on the bench. Does it count against the stats with them being on the bench?

16. codell

Nope. My last roster move was on the 29th of October. Like I said, yesterday, I set my lineup late in the morning, clicked submit changes and even went back later in the afternoon and double checked it. When I went in about 9pm last night to see how my guys were doing, I noticed that Arenas, Thomas, and Jackson were on the bench.

With those 3 guys stats, my matchup with DFW would be a lil bit closer than the 11-1 advantage that he has now.

Check out the stat lines of those three guys and you can understand why I am pissed:

Jackson

19 pts
    6 rebs
    3 assists

Thomas

22 pts
    7 rebs
    3 assists

Arenas

25 pts
    12 rebs
    10 assists
    3 steals

Its frustrating enough to deal with all the injuries I am, without losing 3 pretty damn good stat lines due to a glitch.

17. Rockets34Legend

codell,

I'm sorry about your team not being setup when it was suppose to, but there isn't anything I can do about it. I have also 3 people on IL that's hurting me also (which sucks!). That's why I setup my team everyday when I'm at work to make sure I don't have anyone that's playing on the bench. I got screwed like that last season....

18. ron413

Just make a trade with me (Snoop DPG's) and everything will magically get better!!!

I am officially re-opening shop for any & all trade offers as of NOW...

19. Rockets34Legend

Hey ron413, I sent you a trade and you rejected....

You didn't like the trade?

20. ron413

Must have been a mistake. Try another trade!!!