1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clock is ticking on Jalen from Ime and Stone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rvo384, Feb 15, 2024.

1. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

Stone said a couple of things in his PC the other day that growth is demanded. Then Ime appears just about done with Jalen. As evident by the rotation remarks.

2. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Links? Quotes? I didn’t click on this expecting to do all the leg work myself.

3. OnNotice

OnNotice Member

4. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He also gave the following quote after last nights game where Jalen Green was benched and didn't play at all for most of the 3rd or any of the 4th quarter. People are reading into that and think this quote is about Jalen -

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/te...udoka-disgusted-after-worst-loss-18666906.php

ramotadab, Tankeio, ArtV and 22 others like this.
  5. cml750

cml750 Member

Translation: Cam will be starting when he comes back or Amen will slide to the 2 as a starter when FVV comes back

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Jalen can either take on the role of 6th man and OWN IT or he will become a journeyman. There’s nothing wrong with developing off the bench. He can easily force Ime to start him again by destroying second units

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

So Jalen is saying he IS a 6th man. I see.

Sep11ie, slothy420, noppeper and 5 others like this.
  8. JW86

JW86 Member

So he wants to be James Harden, ball in his hands and create? Run around screens like Curry? Wonder how he sees himself, but get that after being totally free under Silas now having to
    play off of FVV and through Sengun is tough. Where Rudy T ruined Francis, Silas might have done the same to Green, even if the latter comes nowhere near Francis on court production and skill set

ramotadab, gotsis, clos4life and 3 others like this.
  9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

But Tari is a MUCH better 6th man than Jalen. So yeah, if he is saying he is NOT a 6th man, then he is right. He is maybe a 7th man.

A 6th man is supposed to be that spark plug from the bench that brings energy and/or an efficient scoring burst.

He does neither.

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Francis was much better than Jalen Green.

And Francis really frustrated me at times. But he was much, much better than Jalen Green.

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Stone not having traded him before the deadline and before all this comes to light is a massive mistake. His trade value is going into the gutter now.

I really like Roosh, the only thing I am concerned about is if this was a private DM conversation, if it is appropriate and wise to put it out in the open.

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Unfortunately I don’t believe much of what Stone says. Part of that’s the job and part of it is his style. But no rational person can be pleased with Jalen’s development thus far, Stone knows he owns that, so he’s partially distancing himself from Jalen without crapping on him and tanking his confidence and value.

the writing is on the wall because none of our young core are really good shooters. Amen and Tari do so many non-shooting valuable things. Cam and Bari have the potential to be really good shooters, but they’re not reliable yet, and that’s okay because they are 19&20. But Jalen at 22 having played all those minutes now heading into the end of his 3rd season; shooting regression and still not mentally tough…it’s time to move on.

I believe Stone knows it’s time to move on, but also knows he’s gonna get poor value for Jalen, and that’s gonna fuel more scrutiny of his GMing.

personally I like leaders who admit mistakes and make tough but pragmatic moves to solve problems…but that’s just me.

Slim, ramotadab, Richie_Rich and 16 others like this.
  14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Start Cam and watch the Mob turn on him too! LOL what could go wrong with a teen with tunnel vision and an aversion to defense?

Stars run this league not coaches. Always have. Always will.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

The clocks been ticking. his 3rd year with less than 30 games left is turning into a dud with regression all over the place.

Very disappointing after all the talk about what he supposedly worked on in the offseason

16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I've been saying for a while now that this is all just part of the process in the life cycle of a bust and the Jalen problem will eventually take care of itself. Nor surprised by any of this stuff.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

When will Jalen become as good as Nate Hinton? Discuss.

18. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd like to see Amen start at the 2 and Cam off the bench with Jalen.

BallSoHarden and CHAMPBOY like this.
  19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

@Plowman was right on this one. Stone should have acted faster in correcting his mistake.

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Which star are you talking about? Jalen is not one of the stars who run this league.

As to Cam vs. Jalen - obviously, the sample size is small on Cam still, but when you look at their per 36 stats and their advanced stats, Jalen does not come out ahead.

Jalen gets some more assists and is a better free throw shooter, but the biggest difference I see is that Cam actually makes his threes. That's what we need.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jalen's box plus/minus makes it look like he is a negative on both sides of the ball, unfortunately.