1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clippers meltdown

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by split41, Mar 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That was funny. Especially the way the guy just deadpanned that response.

BigShasta likes this.
  2. DunKingDanny

DunKingDanny Contributing Member

At least when the Rockets gave up an 18 point fourth quarter lead there was still 8:30 left in the game and they gave up the game to a contender(Atlanta) amirite?? :D

On a serious note, this is hilarious lol The look on Doc's face is priceless..

#22 DunKingDanny, Mar 27, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  3. count_dough-ku

That was Atlanta they blew a 20-point lead to. And that at least was with over 8 minutes to go and against a decent playoff-bound team(well, at least they were decent when they had Millsap in the lineup).

DunKingDanny likes this.
  4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Corey Brewer broke them

5. DunKingDanny

You're right about that. Thanks for the correcting me. Now I remember it was courtesy of Tim Hardaway Jr.

6. shtinkee

shtinkee Member

Wonder who Doc will blame this loss on. The GM, maybe? Hey, why don't you extend your son's ridiculous albatross contract?

7. count_dough-ku

I blame myself. In late 2015, I went to see the roadshow version of The Hateful Eight at the Edwards on Weslayan and had time to kill, so I went to the Buffalo Wild Wings down the street. The Rockets had a huge lead on the Hawks and proceeded to choke it away and lose the game. Fast forward to last month and I'm at an early screening of The Lego Batman Movie at the Edwards on Weslayan. After the movie, I decide to go catch the 4th quarter of the Rockets game. Again they're up big on the Hawks and proceeded to choke the lead away and lose the game.

Those are the only two times I've ever set foot in that restaurant. On both occasions, the Rockets blew big leads at home to the Hawks.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Coincidence that they started tanking after the trade deadline, AKA the moment Corey Brewer arrived in Los Angeles?

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Would LOVE to catch them in the first round of the playoffs.

BigShasta likes this.
  10. DunKingDanny

I politely ask that you never again step foot in that place when the Rockets have a big lead on the Hawks or any team for that matter..(why risk it?) lol

Killatron 2000 and da_juice like this.
  11. count_dough-ku

You don't need to say it. I will never go in there again.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

They should have blown this team up a while ago. In fact didn't Doc say he would have last year or just recently if they didn't meet expectations?

BigShasta likes this.
  13. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

vintage CP3, looking to run into the screener that has the ball for a flop, whistle

14. count_dough-ku

I think earlier this season, the Clippers including Doc acknowledged that this was probably their last ride with this bunch. Redick is an unrestricted free agent and will be looking to at least double his salary. And Paul and (I think)Griffin can both opt out.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Agreed. I hate Paul. But he is a great player. I've always likened him as a PG version of Karl Malone. He could have been a great player on his talent alone. Yet he chose to be a dirty player trying to get an edge.

Griffin on the other hand is a choke artist, frequently disappear at the most important moments. IMO, as their go-to scorer, he bore the biggest blame for losing that Game 6.

heypartner and Richie_Rich like this.
  16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Love how WCS called out CP3 after the game. Basically said that the win could be attributed to the Basketball Gods delivering vengeance after CP3's egregious flop on that offensive foul. I'm pretty sure we aren't the only fan base taking great pleasure in watching the Clippers demise.

Easy likes this.
  17. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

You don't want to play against this team in the playoff, especially after a choke job like this.

Its better for the Clippers keep winning and secure the 5th seed.

18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I said this last year...The Clippers really should have broken up the team and fired Doc Rivers. They will never win anything. It was clear as day that their window was 2 years ago...but then they choked against us...

In my honest opinion they should look to build around DeAndre Jordan. Blake and Chris need to be moved...

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Clippers announcers at the very end.

Play by Play: "Can you believe what you have seen?"
    Color guy: "Yes"

LMAOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I have to say, that one possession where the Clippers got the 24 second violation and over passed was head shaking.

It is going to be an interesting off-season for them.