1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clippers looking to move DeAndre Jordan

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ISOBall, Jun 20, 2017.

1. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Not an understatement here but getting DJ would by far be the WORST offseason option available

FLASH21 likes this.
  2. hakeemthagreat

Don't want. His FT problem is serious and too much of a hassle to work around. Capela's not as talented but still effective and has DRASTICALLY improved his free throws. Keep Capela

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Agreed, Dwight Howard v2.0

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Oh lawd, Clutchfans Goggles in FULL force. Capela is the next MOSES MALONE.

brownxmas likes this.
  5. Zergling

Zergling Member

Yeah do not touch

6. rocketseagles07

Generally I agree about the clutch fans goggles but I'm keeping capela over dj when you factor in money

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Capela is basically DeAndre with worse rebounding...but with better offense + upside left + 5 years younger + a way more cheap contract.

Even if Capela is going to get paid big next year (we'll see if that happens), let's say 20x, DeAndre is going to get 30/35 with his next contract...it's just not worth it.

8. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

It's basically a 1 year deal so maybe... I wouldn't give up anyone important so perhaps Ryan Anderson for Deandre Jordan is ok.. We can always trade Capela for a Wing

DMO (DJ remix) likes this.
  9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

IDK who actually can and would trade for him but I'd like to see him in Milwaukee. They can offer Monroe as an expiring and picks (if they are doing a rebuild)

mathor likes this.
  10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

today's nba man.

DJ shoots 70% every year (not on a ton of shots, though), putting in 11-13 ppg, and 13-15 rpg, 2 blocks per game, and is an annual DPOY candidate...

... but in truth, trying to trade him kind of makes sense. because all of the above is so less valuable now... especially when that guy also can't shoot ft's.

I mean, if I can be sure Nene is healthy and can give me 25 mpg a night, I'd much rather have Nene at $2 million ayear than DJ at $24 million a year, just in terms of roster construction...

11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

If Balmer even had the slightest intelligence...He would fire Doc Rivers yesterday...and hire the recently fired David Griffin.

Mathloom likes this.
  12. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I really love DeAndre Jordan and have wanted him on the Rockets for years. That said, I just can't really make sense of acquiring him at this juncture. Do I think Jordan is currently an upgrade over Capela? Yeah. I do. But it's not as simple as that.

Capela exceeded most of our expectations last season and I expect him to take another step or two forward this year. And if he does, Jordan becomes even less of an upgrade. And here is the really important part: Capela makes 2.3 million next season. DeAndre will make 22.6 million. So you'd basically be paying DeAndre just shy of ten times as much money. Is he that big of an upgrade? I don't know about that at all.

Morey is going to have to be strategic about where the biggest improvement can be made. To me, somehow unloading Ryan Anderson (I have no idea how they can do that) and adding someone like Paul George or Hayward (both of whom can play some minutes at PF in today's league) or even Paul Milsap is the biggest upgrade I can see us making. And as much as I love Beverley, it's obvious CP3 is a massive upgrade there too. My dream scenario would be unloading Anderson and whoever else necessary to get Paul George and then adding Paul Milsap to a very short deal (which I also realize is unrealistic but as much as I love Milsap giving a 32 year old a 4 year old deal is scary).

Harden, Beverley, George, Milsap and Capela would be a fun starting lineup to roll out next season. Not sure if we could keep Lou Williams, but obviously if he were our sixth man that would be really nice.

Ultimately, the only reason such a dream scenario is even remotely feasible is because we are getting starter quality play from Capela at only 2.3 million. Even guys on fantastic deals like Bev, Ariza and Lou are all making double, triple and even quadruple that.

No, if the Rockets are going to stand a chance at being a real contender next season, Capela being the starting center will be a HUGE factor there. Let's hope he takes another step or two forward and the gap between him and DeAndre becomes that much smaller. And good god, Morey, go get us somebody who can help.

Relativist likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

LOL So James Harden isn't worth the max..... BUT Capela is better than DeAndre Jordan.

I can understand some fans thinking that the Rockets should focus elsewhere, but D'Andre Jordan is LIGHT years ahead of Capela.

BigMaloe likes this.
  14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

0.8 blocks per 36 minutes in the playoffs this year. 39% from the free throw line. 15 Pts, 14 Rebs per 36 minutes. (Deandre) 7 Games
    3.5 blocks per 36 minutes in the playoffs this year. 62% from the free throw line. 15 Pts, 12 Rebs per 36 minutes. (Clint) 11 Games

BHannes2BHonest and DonKnock like this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

The LA Clippers have gauged the market on potentially trading their All-Star defensive stalwart center DeAndre Jordan, league sources told ESPN.

Sources say the Clippers, in an exploratory fashion, have spoken to a few teams regarding the nine-year veteran.

One of the teams contacted was the Phoenix Suns, sources relayed to ESPN. A proposal of Jordan in exchange for veteran center Tyson Chandler and the team's No. 4 pick in the 2017 NBA draft was discussed, sources said.

The Suns, however, are believed to have balked at the overture.

Should power forward Blake Griffin bolt during free agency next month, rival executives believe the Jordan relocation pursuit would only intensify.

The Clippers, desperate for youth and athleticism, averaged out as the oldest team in the league last season and are without a single pick in the upcoming draft. The team, a source said, is expected to be aggressive in attempting to buy a second-round pick.

The Clippers were surveying the landscape on Jordan prior to the arrival of newly-signed consultant Jerry West, but rival teams are of the belief that the big man could still be acquired should the appropriate package presents itself.

Jordan, 28, has two years and $46 million remaining on his current contract. The final year is a player option. Chandler, 34, has two straight years of $26 million left on his deal.​

16. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

CP3 and/or Blake is gone.

17. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

We have seen this movie already with Dwert. Thanks but no thanks.

18. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

That whole team is about to blow up.

Richie_Rich and DonKnock like this.
  19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. edwardc

edwardc Member

And that's the problem right there free throws the big downside of getting him.