1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela vs. Hassan Whiteside

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HouStu_Rocket, Oct 15, 2015.

1. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Who cares when Dwight Howard is our center and he is better than both of them.

2. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Thank you for your contribution :)

3. mockster

mockster Member

Wow if you didn't say white side your def a fanboy. "He has off coart issues" like really. Whiteside is bigger and honestly more of a force and defensively better in every where. Whiteside could be an all star this year.

Not taking away from
    Capela we've found a great C for us and he's def going to emerge as a great center.

4. Handles

Handles Member

Whiteside is currently the better player. Capela fits our team better currently. Plus, there is no reason to believe that Capela can't get to that level. He's also cheaper now and younger. Capela is my choice, but only because we have Dwight.

5. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

My thoughts exactly lol..

6. Raven

Raven Member

Whiteside is better, but I'm not buying stock in his game, not until I see how he performs after the max that he's going to squeeze out of Miami.

7. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Whiteside will be an UFA after this season.

8. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

in a win now mode w/o any other considerations, Whiteside.

reality bites, always other considerations ...

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Capela - but why not let Dwight walk and sign Whiteside in the offseason?

DD

10. malakas

malakas Member

I rather have Capella even if Capella remains the same and doesn't develop his game any further. And there is no question in my mind.
    Whiteside is a headcase with extremely questionable work ethic and I'm sorry to say this but also low intelligence. He is also a dirty player who loses his temper easily. And also DOES NOT PASS. At all. He's a blackhole.

11. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Everyone agrees he is super talented. see the multiple threads about him over the years. The kid is a head case. Dwayne Wade, his own teammate, has publicly castigated him for foolish behavior off the court. We have seen this act before and it doesn't end well. IMHO as soon as he gets paid he will start to regress.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Whiteside is better now. Capela will be next season.
    That learning curve is a b****!

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Do you realize the irony of your statement? Whiteside has been in the league for 5 years and has half a season of good play. So if you want to talk sample size Capela's playoff run in his rookie year is more consistent than Whiteside's half season of good play in 5 freaking years.

Maybe Whiteside is better, but he's also 26 years old and a 5 year veteran already. Isn't it reasonable he would be better than a 2nd year 21 year old? And Capela doesn't have a history of being a headcase and scrub, so if you end up giving him money there's less risk compared to Whiteside. Frankly I find it insulting somebody would even compare Whiteside with Capela, this is like the difference between a random junkstock and google.

1 person likes this.
  14. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Progression is hardly ever linear. It's most likely more like a bell curve, especially centers. Guys start off slow, reach some type of peak where they get bigger/figure it out, a few years of prime, then decline into retirement.

Hate to break it to you, but Capela hasn't done anything yet. Absolutely nothing. He had a couple impactful games in the playoffs and looks good this preseason. He's a scrub right now.

I like Capela too, I like him a lot. He's one of my favorite players on the Rockets, I think we should let Dwight go next year and just start him. But he has to prove it.

Him being a headcase, who knows. People grow up at different times, I can't pretend to know either way.

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Because Dwight's significantly better and Whiteside is going to be way overpaid this summer.

16. malakas

malakas Member

Whiteside wasn't in the league for 5 years. He was in Iraq or somewhere.
    Yeah well he has shown he hasn't matured too much. By his actions THIS year.
    [youtube]aZley8yAOg4[/youtube]
    [youtube]SklqtiGoWGQ[/youtube]

Do you want to pay such a player 20 per and trust him in high intensity playoff games? I don't. I dont' trust him. I rather have Capella as is, than Whiteside getting flagrant fouls left and right or being lazy (something he has been his whole carreer apart from this year).

17. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

He won't be an all-star this year lol.

18. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Over Howard/Gasol/Noah/Jordan/Cousin's dead body

19. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Or Gobert or Drummond or Lopez or...

Lol

20. Raven

Raven Member

Because it will look bad, real bad. Dwight left money on the table coming here, and future free agents will take note if the Rockets don't show loyalty, which is already a public image problem for them.